Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,420 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Five Ways Your CV Can Be Unprofessional - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Five Ways Your CV Can Be Unprofessional (961 Views)

Benefits Of Professional Courses To Your CV / This Is Urgent, Send Your CV IF Qualified / How To Write The Perfect Career Objective For Your CV Before Sending It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Ways Your CV Can Be Unprofessional by daddynasa: 7:12am On Mar 09, 2016
TYPOS AND MISPELLING

Failure to spell-check your CV can cost you an opportunity to be invited for an interview. Many people ignore this by just writing a CV and sending it directly or immediately to the employer. It is usually better for a friend to review your CV after you have written it.

UNPROFESSIONAL EMAIL

I have seen so many funny email addresses especially on CVs, unprofessional email can send the wrong message to your employer. Emails like sexymama@yahoo.com, osas4luv@yahoo.com, idonharmer@gmail.com etc. Your email should atleast contain your first and last name. For example hassan.chigozie@gmail.com.

YOUR CALLER TUNE OR VOICEMAIL

This particular one will shock you. Now let us assume you applied for a job with the best CV in the world, and your hiring manager decided to give you a call, he calls and the next thing he hears is your caller tune (Playing: Yahoozee yahoo o o) or (playing: baby o pullover). Hmmm! you know what that means. For me i will not hire someone that would 'yahoozee' my company or ask all my female staff to pullover. LOL

USING LAZY WORDS LIKE 'ETC'

Just imagine what a hiring manager would think when he/she sees the word 'etc' all over the applicant's CV. To me, this portrays laziness. I would think that the applicant can not even take his/her time to write out his work experience or duties. Words like 'Same-as-above' are also lazy.

REFERENCING

A lot of job seekers make the mistake of using their spouse as referees. This is unprofessional. Referees should usually be that of previous employers or supervisors. Job seekers also make the mistake of using contacts of referees that are no longer active.

Don't even try to look for the Dangotes or President Buhari to be your referee. If you have such people as your referees then why are you still looking for a job?

http://myjob.ng/5-ways-your-cv-can-be-unprofessional

2 Likes

Re: Five Ways Your CV Can Be Unprofessional by megola: 7:31am On Mar 09, 2016
nice one....
Re: Five Ways Your CV Can Be Unprofessional by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 09, 2016
Every CV was a hit back to back yet no job...

Ko ni da fun awon village witches

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Your CV Can Be Unprofessional by Segadem(m): 9:07am On Mar 09, 2016
Good write-ups, but your hand writing is not legible grin

Na joke

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Your CV Can Be Unprofessional by daddynasa: 1:15pm On Mar 09, 2016
Segadem:
Good write-ups, but your hand writing is not legible grin

Na joke

Sorry sir i ll use red biro next time

1 Like

Re: Five Ways Your CV Can Be Unprofessional by imakewealth: 1:49pm On Mar 09, 2016
Apply Now For Job Vacancies At GTBank

GTBank is recruiting to fill the position of:

Job Title: (i) Undergraduate Intern (ii)OND Industrial Attachment

Read more: http://naijaenform..com.ng/2016/03/apply-now-for-job-vacancies-at-gtbank.html

For your latest news on Jobs/Vacancies, Kindly follow @channels_info on twitter.

Be Informed....

(1) (Reply)

2 Job Listings At MTN / Please, I Need Direction / Graduate Warehouse Assistants - Great Salary Package!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.