Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,574 members, 7,816,413 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 (28909 Views)

Yunusa Dahiru "Yellow" Returns Home 4 Months After Detention / Ese's Abductor, Yunusa Dahiru Handcuffed In Court Today / My Son Was Oruru’s Domestic Help For 10 Years – Yunusa’s Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by KingTom(m): 7:22am On Mar 10, 2016
HybridMan:
For the record, pastor Akanji Oluwaseun
was among the terrorists that abducted
the schoolgirls in Ikorodu. Interestingly,
the other members of the gang, as
paraded by the police, are Christians. In
fact, one of them is Emmanuel, meaning,
God is with us.
But our Christian dominated media didn't
condemn the men's religion (Christianity),
the way they did in the case of Yunusa,
the man that allegedly abducted/eloped
Ese.
In fact, one of the media described Mr.
Oluwaseun as a fake pastor, in a bid to
protect pastoral business venture (LOL).
Our hypocritical Christian activists have
suddenly gone into hiding now that the
kidnappers of the minors in Ikorodu are
their "brothers-in-Christ". I was
expecting them to shake social media,
just as they did in the case of Ese's
abduction saga.
When two people fight, and the referee
to the fight take sides! What do you
expect? That is why Allah (swt) says in the
noble Qur'an: "... persistently stand firm
on justice, and be witnesses for Allah,
even if it be against yourselves or parents
and relatives.
"Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is
more worthy of both. So follow not
[personal] inclination, lest you not be
just. And if you distort [your testimony]
or refuse [to give it], then indeed Allah is
ever, with what you do, Acquainted." Q4:
And to the police, I commend them for
the good job, and for parading the
suspects in the abduction of the ikorodu
school girls to the general public, barely
24 hours after they were apprehended.
But, if I may ask, why is it taking "donkey
years" to parade Yunusa to the world? It
is sad, we've not heard directly from the
man in the middle of the Ese's abduction
saga. Too sad!
Little wonder why some observers
believe that the Ese saga is a conspiracy,
meant to smear the image of Islaam, Emir
Sanusi, Sharia Commission and the
generality of Muslims.
"They want to extinguish the light of Allah
with their mouths, but Allah will perfect
His light, although the disbelievers dislike
it." Q61: 8
What Is this one saying

2 Likes

Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by Fawklicant: 7:26am On Mar 10, 2016
abbey621:

I know what statutory rape means but you are forgetting one thing, a 14 year old girl is considered to have reached the age of consent in the North due to Sharia law, since what we were told is that the girl is now a Muslim it makes it hard for the Nigerian constitution to fight for her since the law of the land is Sharia. The only thing they can hook the guy on is kidnapping and even that is subject to the testimony of the 14 year old girl. Unless the Nigerian government wants to use the guy as a scapegoat or an example to deter future occurrence,there's no way he could be found guilty of statutory rape!

But it was becaise of this anomaly that the law was amended. In akwa ibom, the legal age was 15(Or 16)? In some other states, it was 14, etc. The law was amended to address this issue and the Nigerian constitution reigns supreme over any regional law. I understand that tnese people hide under sharia law to perpetrate and evade injustice and the law respectively and I wonder why successive governments have allowed that to fester. Anyway kidnapping should get the bagga some 10--15 years, but it is very unfair that one side gets to have their own law and other made to abide by another. Nigeria is a secular state.

1 Like

Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by KissCODE(m): 7:32am On Mar 10, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
So the lawyer knows the peadphoile's age more than the father

Arrant nonsense
can u imagine this type of pooh?

Okay lets agree that this rapist is 18yrs old.
The father said he was a house help for 10years. Does it mean he was 7years when he became a house help? Tell me which southerner that will take in a northern little child as a house help.

Too bad for these guys. The father lied & this funny lawyer is trying to add lies on lies to set a full blown criminal free.

Well i am watching to see what all these so called girl child activists and lawyers will do in this case.

1 Like

Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by Bizzyliss(m): 7:51am On Mar 10, 2016
End time lawyer

1 Like

Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by sweetilicious(f): 7:53am On Mar 10, 2016
All these to support stealing someone's child. Smh angryAll these to support stealing someone's child. Smh

1 Like

Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by Irore: 7:53am On Mar 10, 2016
kissval1388:
both the lawyer, yunusa and those supporting this disastrous act are all fools of the 27 century.

Na simple legallity the lawyer dey. When you have a bad case especially this one that has been decided by the Nigerians via the media, a smart lawyer should be able to come with some antics that may earn leniency at the close of case (CoC) and that's exactly what the lawyer has done with the age of Yunusa.

future fools.
Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by signz: 8:44am On Mar 10, 2016
MRI scan can tell us this age

1 Like

Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by KruggerINC(m): 8:54am On Mar 10, 2016
This lawyer should be charged with contempt of court for trying to insult the intelleigence of the judge and of Nigerians at large....so the accused father doesn't know his sons age?Or the lawyer now knows the age of the accused better than the very papa WEY born am?
or they are trying to lie to subvert justice?I normally don't like to use insultive words when making comments but Walahi Thunder Fire this lawyer.
Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by danielblessing(m): 9:36am On Mar 10, 2016
The lawyer is a fool. According to the stats info that yinusa had been working with ese's family for 10 years meaning that 18-10= 8 ,how can yinusa leave kano and be working for a family in bayelsa at the age of 8 without a guardian. Mtchew
Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by valslove8715(f): 10:14am On Mar 10, 2016
Yunusa was a house help to Oruru’s family for 10 years
Am sure Yunusa was 8yrs when he start working at Oruru's house. Mr lawyer try anoda trick this one ll not work.
Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by MRLANNISTER(m): 10:37am On Mar 10, 2016
hemartins:
there is so much to this story that we don't know.

No matter what is to the story, it is illegal, ungodly, wrong and shameful to take an underage girl to a place unkown without the permission of her parents. Having sex with her is criminal, even if it is with her consent. He deserves to go to jail if found guilty.

2 Likes

Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by mbjsuki(m): 11:06am On Mar 10, 2016
Ezenwammadu:
So the lawyer knows the peadphoile's age more than the father

Arrant nonsense

You still don't get it. Under the law,there is what's called the minor due to age. Here the lawyer in his smartness tries to lure it on the father and for the public to see that the boy is a minor hence the case may not be giving hearings in certain court of law.
Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by abwilly: 11:19am On Mar 10, 2016
“My son is 25, and I found it extremely necessary to stand by him at this moment of his travails despite his failure to accept my advice initially. Yunusa was a house help to Oruru’s family for 10 years and when he told me of his love relationship with Ese, I opposed him because we already had a bride for him in the village. When he called to say that he was on his way home with his love I informed him of the bride we had found for him,” the 55-year-old man said in the interview.

If this guy had been working for the family for ten years, at what age did he starts to work?

That then mean that the family is also guilty of child labour for employing a child at age of 8.
Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by sylve11: 12:47pm On Mar 10, 2016
NobleAngell:
He is a shameless liar. In what way is 18 equivalent to 25? Even in Hausa language, they don't sound alike.
18- goma sha takwas
25- ashirin da biyar
No similarity.

this gat me lol-ling so hard grin grin grin grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by abbey621(m): 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2016
Fawklicant:

But it was becaise of this anomaly that the law was amended. In akwa ibom, the legal age was 15(Or 16)? In some other states, it was 14, etc. The law was amended to address this issue and the Nigerian constitution reigns supreme over any regional law. I understand that tnese people hide under sharia law to perpetrate and evade injustice and the law respectively and I wonder why successive governments have allowed that to fester. Anyway kidnapping should get the bagga some 10--15 years, but it is very unfair that one side gets to have their own law and other made to abide by another. Nigeria is a secular state.

It's a very controversial law, I for one can never support sharia even though I have an Islamic background. The law is just too rigid. I've not seen a Nigerian president that can tackle sharia. Remember sharia law gained ground due to Nigerian presidents who happened to be Christians. OBJ allowed it to flourish in the North and GEJ turned a blind eye. We all know Buhari is not going to mention the subject so it's going to get stronger. Back to the subject tho, the kidnapping charge should be sufficient at teaching him a lesson.
Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by Tex42(m): 3:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
All lawyers are liars
Re: Ese: Yunusa’s Lawyer Faults Father, Your Son Is 18 Not 25 by swiffy(f): 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2016
Hehhh wey mama yunusa come ooo come tell us who b yunusa real father,d lawyer Or Bala cus I smell a rat here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Shot Two 300L Uniosun Students While Parading School Area (photos) / Man Caught On Camera Stealing Laptop At A Tech Event In Abuja / Police Declare Nigerian Man Wanted In Malaysia For The Death Of A 5 Year Old Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.