Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

A Possible End To Boko Haram, Militants And Fulani Herdsmen Violence. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Possible End To Boko Haram, Militants And Fulani Herdsmen Violence. (465 Views)

International Crisis Group Blasts Buhari Response To Fulani Herdsmen Violence / EFCC Recovers Properties From Ex-Militants And Bankers (Photos) / Militants And Military Clash In Arepo And Ibafo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Possible End To Boko Haram, Militants And Fulani Herdsmen Violence. by Afam1103(m): 2:34pm On Mar 09, 2016
Nigeria is a country that has been greatly blessed with a wide variety of ethnic groups. However, these large number of ethnic groups has proven to be a cause of concern with the majority more in support of their ethnic group than their country, Nigeria.

This may be the root of our problem as a country but we are not the only country with such a diverse ethnicity. The problem I believe may be in the sharp contrast in the way of life in the Northern part of Nigeria and in the Southern part of Nigeria.

Religion, culture, fashion, architecture, food, even language both spoken and written are very different amongst these two parts of the country.

I once saw a picture here on nairaland of a northern state government document which was typed entirely in Hausa. Which isn't supposed to be so because English is our official language.

More so, the Northern part of Nigeria which is majorly dominated by Muslims have always yearned for Nigeria to be an Islamic State (a country ruled by the laws of the Islamic religion). Which is why, a lot of our laws backed by our constitution are not acknowledged and therefore broken.

I was never in support of Biafra because we all don't need a war but I think it is time we let the country be what it already is and what we all want it to be.

We may as well be living in to separate countries at the same time due to our differences and inability to find common ground after all these years.

So I say its time we make it official and make things easier on all of us and for our future generations. Boko Haram and these fulani herdsmen will stop their actions and all Muslims in the North will dance with joy if Nigeria was divided into two parts: The Islamic State of Northern Nigeria and The Republic of Southern Nigeria. While the rest of us in the south will be happy that we are no longer being ruled by the North and the Militants will have no reason to act out.

I have no intention of causing any upheaval with this post. I just have to say what I think is best for all of us.
Re: A Possible End To Boko Haram, Militants And Fulani Herdsmen Violence. by jaymejate: 2:51pm On Mar 09, 2016
Bros you talk sense tho

1 Like

Re: A Possible End To Boko Haram, Militants And Fulani Herdsmen Violence. by stonemasonn: 3:09pm On Mar 09, 2016
What will happen to 30million Christians in the north and Dangote's investments down south??

1 Like

Re: A Possible End To Boko Haram, Militants And Fulani Herdsmen Violence. by psucc(m): 3:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
It would have been easy to divide but the problem is that while the north will not accept it because of the absence of resources enough to manage a nation, the southern elites who found 'heaven' in the north keeping their treasure there, will not allow it for fear of losing them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO: Nigerians Assess President Buhari's Governance / Your Right As An Electricity Consumer / What Kind Of Democracy Is This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.