Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,010 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Homosexuality Began In Africa, Not The West! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Homosexuality Began In Africa, Not The West! (1040 Views)

"Homosexuality Wasn't Alien To Yoruba; Sango Was A Cross Dresser" - Historian / 6 Undisputed Facts That Prove "Homosexuality" Is Demonic Possession / How Come Obama Promotes Homosexuality But Doesn't Admit That He's A Homosexual? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Homosexuality Began In Africa, Not The West! by nspodcast1: 5:05pm On Mar 09, 2016
The view that homosexuality is alien to Africans has been widely propagated by several traditional and faith leaders, and even great sons of Africa that topped or continue to top the echelons of African political leadership like Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, Sam Nujoma of Namibia, Yoweri Museveni of Uganda, and the late Bingu wa Mutharika of Malawi, to mention only a few of them.

Homosexuality is not an alien culture to Africans because historically, Africans were the first human beings to practice homosexuality not Europeans or Americans. Therefore, homosexuality is not an importation from the West, if anything, what Africans imported from the West is the criminalization of homosexuality, which only began when Europeans colonized Africa between the 1880s and 1900 and enforced their political governments and legal systems on our continent.

As a matter of fact, Africans are historically rather tolerant towards homosexuality and they tolerated homosexuality until Europeans came with Christianity which introduced homophobia. Homophobia is rooted in the belief that homosexuality is sinful, because that is what the Bible teaches. But the Bible is not an African book; neither is Christianity a typical African Religion, but a Western one. Therefore, if Africans must blame the West for anything to do with Homosexuality, then we must blame them for criminalization of homosexuality and homophobia through teachings of the Bible because that is what they brought, not the culture of homosexuality.

Secular history shows that homosexuality was practiced in Ancient Egypt about 4500 years ago. The first human homosexual couples on earth lived in... continue here:http://nostringspodcast.com/homosexuality-began-in-africa-not-the-west/

1 Share

Re: Homosexuality Began In Africa, Not The West! by 1shortblackboy: 7:12pm On Mar 09, 2016
My friend we have no way of proving who were d first to practice homosexuality. And I'm sure it was just a handful of cultures that Allowed it not as if all african men were just going having sex with other men. And it make no difference if the practice was accepted before it is no longer accepted by d majority of africans today. Kpomkpwem. PS if u want ur post to reach FP better copy d post from d blog and post here instead of directing us to a blog.... Or else wetin u go dey see here na.; la click la bend, la click la kpeme, la click la give boko haram my address, la click la do picnic for sambisa etc
Re: Homosexuality Began In Africa, Not The West! by Nobody: 3:40am On Mar 10, 2016
I don't think so. It's recorded in religious texts as having been practised by societies that are most probably progenitors of current European people.

For it to be referred to in the laws of Moses, it must have been rampant in the time.
Re: Homosexuality Began In Africa, Not The West! by Penssuwa(m): 4:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
I dont care if our ancestors practiced it, we just dont want it. gerrit? I'm sure they were rational enough not to behave like animals
Re: Homosexuality Began In Africa, Not The West! by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 11, 2016

(1) (Reply)

New Tortiv, Prof James Ayatse To E Sworn In Saturday / Please, Help Me Translate This To English / Monarch Places Curse On Native Doctors And Juju Priests In Edo State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.