Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,461 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

.com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For (10922 Views)

Change Your Blog Domain From ..com To .com Or .net In A Jiffy / .com Or .com.ng Which Is The Best / Reasons Why You Should Register A .ng Or .com.ng Domain Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by ironMind: 5:15pm On Mar 12, 2016
go for .bubu
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by fleps(m): 5:15pm On Mar 12, 2016
Go for .com
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by maverickdude(m): 5:18pm On Mar 12, 2016
UnknownT:
.cum
seriously undecided
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by jchima14: 5:18pm On Mar 12, 2016
anselm791:
What possible benefits can you get with .com.ng?
#ProudlyNigerian.

For SEO purpose if you site 'product' is for Nigerians .com.ng is better as google.com.ng will serve your site more to people searching from Nigeria.
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by kennysteve77: 5:26pm On Mar 12, 2016
You need to know why you want to consider .com.ng
If you have a good reason to feature Nigeria in your domain and the name itself is not long already, you can choose .com.ng. The difference in cost is not much (just like N500) but you will likely have a better server behaviour with .com (as you won't be restricted to some specific registrars). If your domain name is slightly long and you really have to make it sound Nigerian, you can step up your game by going .ng straight. But mind you, the .ng option is expensive - about 600% of the cost of .com.ng
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by anselm791(m): 5:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
jchima14:

For SEO purpose if you site 'product' is for Nigerians .com.ng is better as google.com.ng will serve your site more to people searching from Nigeria.

Oh, then I guess that answers the question.
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by Meiji(m): 5:32pm On Mar 12, 2016
Are you positioning yourself as a Nigerian or a global player? That should give you your answer.

1 Like

Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by Viktor1983(m): 5:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
Go for .com or .ng.. I don't like .com.ng
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by 1bkay3: 6:03pm On Mar 12, 2016
.com, it's universal
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 12, 2016
Local Target - .com.ng
International Target - .com
By Target, I dont mean ''Guns'' and ''Shooting People''....

1 Like

Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by 1Dray(m): 6:08pm On Mar 12, 2016
.dray is the way to go!
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by greatJohnson(m): 6:13pm On Mar 12, 2016
I use Sinopec 10W40 4ltrs synthetic, @5k before dollar issues. it is expensive but cheaper cos of durability.
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by Obichukz(m): 6:16pm On Mar 12, 2016
. ng. com.... Be registered with the ccTLD it's ur unique identity as a naija
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:34pm On Mar 12, 2016
Aquariann:

In giving my suggestion, I'll say you go with "yourmedianameng.com".

While the "ng" would give an impression of it being of Nigerian origin, you'll still have the ".com" to show it's contents are for the global audience.

Thank you
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by dhamiethekid(m): 7:01pm On Mar 12, 2016
.com is more common. use .com.
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by babayega(m): 7:05pm On Mar 12, 2016
If you're targeting Nigerians, use .com.ng. If both are available, get the 2. Redirect one to the other.
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by Frankicent(m): 7:09pm On Mar 12, 2016
dihalao:
.com is cheap.... .com.ng is expensive. If you go for .com.ng would you be able to meet up. ?
Please settle for .com jeje
now .com is much more expensive .com is 3k while .com.ng is 1700N click here http://url2it.com/rghse
to get yours http://url2it.com/rghse
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by Mafeb: 7:10pm On Mar 12, 2016
.com is more expensive than a .com.ng extension. Understand that it all has got to do with the brand you want to promote. Most of my clients prefer a .com extension but I feel a .com.ng extension was created just to promote the Nigerian image. It doesn't matter which you pick eventually. All that'll couneventually will be your site's up and downtime.
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by Frankicent(m): 7:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
SambisaKing:
Hello genies in the house, am about getting a domain name for my site but am still thinking which is more preferable to chose and the benefits attached therein.

Its a media site that base in Lagos, it also has a blogpage.

Thanks for your suggestions.

bro .com is 3000N while .com.ng is 1700N click here to buy http://url2it.com/rghse
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by Nobody: 7:14pm On Mar 12, 2016
I use'.com.ng' for my site. Proudly Nigeria! That #idoma_boy. See d site: www.pivotforum.com.ng
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by Bincon: 7:18pm On Mar 12, 2016
.com is universal. While .com.ng signifies Nigeria identity.
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by iykepromotions: 7:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
Chibenze:

Rush .com if it is available grin grin grin
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by Aceprince(m): 7:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
Pls guys hlp me, i need a good info on how build my own mobile app blogging n website, pls gurus hlp or better still pass across ur contact.. So i could call...
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by Justicealh3(m): 8:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
SambisaKing:
Hello genies in the house, am about getting a domain name for my site but am still thinking which is more preferable to chose and the benefits attached therein.

Its a media site that base in Lagos, it also has a blogpage.

Thanks for your suggestions.
www.sambisaking.com. Is ok bro.
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by jonnyboy4u: 9:15pm On Mar 12, 2016
You can get .com.ng for free with every hosting package ordered from http://QServers.net

grin
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by RaeMystix: 9:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
timidapsin:
.com means site that has contents meant for everyone in the world, .com.ng everyone in the world but mainly Nigeria

You beat me to it. That's exactly why op should choose.com
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by anthonyirekpita(m): 9:33pm On Mar 12, 2016
U can use .com.me is cool
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by cmon(m): 9:36pm On Mar 12, 2016
Go for both.... If you eventually start with .com and you start getting popular, one idiot would just go and copy you by taking .com.ng. Reserve as many as you can, if possible, .ng
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by Mafeb: 10:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
Aceprince:
Pls guys hlp me, i need a good info on how build my own mobile app blogging n website, pls gurus hlp or better still pass across ur contact.. So i could call...

Its muddled up there! What exactly do you wanna do? Mobile app, blog and website or one of all 3? Also, do you want to hire someone or you want to do it by yourself? If you're looking to hire someone, well you could call me up on: 08132657200 or 09056004171. At the same time, should you need clarification or if you have questions or things that you understand, you can contact me on those numbers still. I'll be happy to help!
Re: .com Or .com.ng Which Should I Go For by Raheemzee(m): 11:16am On Mar 13, 2016
dihalao:

Oops! Sorry, My bad..... ng is more expensive not .com.ng

You would even get .com.ng cheaper sometimes... thanks for the correct man.
pls hw much is. com?

?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Signs of Online Scams! / The Broke Web Designer Is Now Rich - Thanks Nairaland / Online Advertising Agencies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.