Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

The Deliverance. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Deliverance. (509 Views)

My Deliverance Ordeal (a Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Deliverance. by RemenZack(f): 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2016
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

My Mother, with that same old frown smeared on her face, like butter on bread, still managed to make me uneasy and uncomfortable.

As the car jerked some more, I wished I wasn't present in my current situation.

First, it had to be about me hitting my Father with a really huge stick, making his head almost split into halves. Then, I stole a substantial amount from my Mother's purse, giving it to a friend of mine, who couldn't afford the year's exam fee. I was Peter robbing Paul's Mother to pay Paul. It was more convoluted.

My Mother drove her car so swiftly, even with the dilapidated routes to The Almighty Gad Ministries. How could there be a mistake with something so easy. My Father would always say to me, "If I had known you would be a mistake, I wouldn't have made you come into this world at all!". I wondered if the Overseer of the Church known his staggering billboard had the greatest mistake ever with its spellings.

We were there finally, my Mother grabbing my ears and twisting them. Her blouse was now awry, I wondered how and why. It was perfect just before we left our house.

"Don't tell them you stole from me, you hear? Cut that out of the Story, I don't want the Prophet to know that I've enough money, am I clear?" My Mother said, sending a clear signal of her clarion call.

"I've heard you!" I said, totally oblivious about what was going to happen to either of us.

We were ushered into the confines of the Church. We paid a small fee, before moving to the Temple, coloured like the red blood cells in my body. It smelled of something I couldn't explain, something sharp and unpleasant but not too heady.

I and my Mother took off our Shoes quickly. My Mother threw her Shoes into her bag and revealed a new set, a shabby version. I was left with mine, I wondered why she let me keep mine.

Then, we could hear words of prophetic jargon, yells and screams, as if a demon had been torn from a human soul. My Mother yelled as well, making me gape at her, wondering if she had been possessed too.

"Your name is Anna. You're a possessed child and you shall be delivered today," The man in tight and ill-fitting clothes said, now placing a rod on my head.

"Yes, my name is Anna but I don't think I am poss ..." I tried to say, but my Mother grabbed a bit of my skin vehemently.

"You are possessed, my Child. You are 15 years old and your destiny is manipulated from your Mother's lineage. They want you to be disgraced and brought to nothing," The man said, now tweaking and shouting so loudly.

"I knew it! It has to be Grace or Nathaniel or even Tobias. They are using my daughter for their sorcery business. I knew it!" My Mother said, now tweaking as well.

"No! I'm not being used by anyone. At least, can you let me explain?" I asked, obviously bored and willing to run out of the madhouse.

"The demon is finally speaking. Speak on, Legion," The man said, grabbing a pot, filled with water and something red, probably oil, since it didn't mix with the water.

"My name is Anna. Who is Legion?" I asked, slapping his hands faraway from my forehead.

"Oh! She is truly possessed. She slapped me. Mother, your child has defiled a Prophet!" He said, now running to and fro, making his clothes almost pop.

When the melodrama was too much for my viewing pleasure, I ascended from my sitting position and strutted out of the Temple. My Mother stayed with the Prophet, as they prayed in Latin, just before I disappeared from their presence. They didn't even notice me leaving.

I took a Bus back home and sat next to my Father that hot afternoon in our cold sitting room, his head wreathed in swollen bandages.

"Where is your Mother?" He asked me, immediately he laid his cautious eyes on me.

"At the Temple. The Prophet is going to either deceive her by taking all of her money or just having sex with her. I couldn't bear to watch that happen before my eyes," I said, before walking away from my Father and appearing into my Bedroom, obviously too frazzled and willing to take a long nap.

2 Likes

Re: The Deliverance. by advocatebaba(m): 4:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
COULD U PLS CONTINUE WIT YA OPEN-ENDED STORY

1 Like

Re: The Deliverance. by RemenZack(f): 9:23am On Mar 12, 2016
advocatebaba:
COULD U PLS CONTINUE WIT YA OPEN-ENDED STORY
That's actually the end of the story.
Thanks for reading and commenting.

(1) (Reply)

And you Let Her GO / Straight From My Heart: A Poem By Joychinwe / Lessons On Styles In Writing- Saturdays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.