Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

UK Police Maltreating A Nigerian."don't Handcuff Me, I'm Not A Criminal!" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Police Maltreating A Nigerian."don't Handcuff Me, I'm Not A Criminal!" (983 Views)

UK Police Spotted At Abuja House As Nigerians Prepare For All Night Protest.PICS / Nnamdi Kanu Refuses To Remove Handcuff, Come Down From Van / Checkout Olisa Metuh's Swag Today Immediately Handcuff Was Removed From Him(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UK Police Maltreating A Nigerian."don't Handcuff Me, I'm Not A Criminal!" by omanifrank(m): 2:05pm On Mar 10, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J50l7STb1hM

Today at St Pancras International. I don't know what the commuter actually did, but the police was trying to arrest him. He said to the police officers "do not treat my like a criminal, I will go with you" yet they decided to hit him.

Make your own mind about the situation.

http://www.omanifranklin.com/2016/03/viral-video-uk-police-maltreating.html
Re: UK Police Maltreating A Nigerian."don't Handcuff Me, I'm Not A Criminal!" by taiosino: 2:21pm On Mar 10, 2016
Looks like he might have tried to use the metro without paying or something, but even if that were the case, he shouldn't have been treated like that.
omanifrank:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J50l7STb1hM

Today at St Pancras International. I don't know what the commuter actually did, but the police was trying to arrest him. He said to the police officers "do not treat my like a criminal, I will go with you" yet they decided to hit him.

Make your own mind about the situation.

http://www.omanifranklin.com/2016/03/viral-video-uk-police-maltreating.html
Re: UK Police Maltreating A Nigerian."don't Handcuff Me, I'm Not A Criminal!" by RZArecta(m): 2:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
When your president Muhammodu Buhari goes around describing you to the international community as a criminal how would you expect to be treated ?

2 Likes

Re: UK Police Maltreating A Nigerian."don't Handcuff Me, I'm Not A Criminal!" by MRBrownJ: 6:18pm On Mar 10, 2016
the authority are telling this man to get down on the floor, he didnt comply and rightly got what he deserved... police officers dont walk up to total strangers in the subway, try to arrest that man, and ask him to get down on the floor, FOR NO DAMN REASON

the simple fact that they were trying to arrest him means that something must have happened, and since they were in a subway station, he MUST BE handcuffed for his/their and the public's safety.
Re: UK Police Maltreating A Nigerian."don't Handcuff Me, I'm Not A Criminal!" by stevecantrell: 6:53pm On Mar 10, 2016
Looks like they were monitoring him via CCTV on the street before he decided to enter the subway.
Re: UK Police Maltreating A Nigerian."don't Handcuff Me, I'm Not A Criminal!" by omanifrank(m): 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2016
RZArecta:
When your president Muhammodu Buhari goes around describing you to the international community as a criminal how would you expect to be treated ?
is that so
Re: UK Police Maltreating A Nigerian."don't Handcuff Me, I'm Not A Criminal!" by olapluto(m): 1:47pm On Mar 11, 2016
What is happening here is more than an arrest. It is a statement by both the police and the man. The police thought it was another opportunity to humiliate a black man at a popular train station. The black man was not ready to be another statistic.

I faced similar experience at the same train station about 5 years ago, and I put it on Nairaland then. They had absolutely no reason to handcuff him. Same thing I told them then. Why must they first handcuff a black man before asking him simple questions. The man was ready to follow them to wherever they were taking him. He had complied. He did not need to succumb to the policeman who wanted him on the floor.

His resistance infuriated the cop. The cop was exposed as a weakling who could only bark. That for me, is a victory. If all black men could show simple resistance here and there, then maybe in future, the police will think twice before handcuffing us needlessly.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State Election Rerun Situation Report / $2.1bn Arms Cash: AVM Jon Ode Panel Misleading Buhari With Bias Reports – Shuaib / See Wat Rapid Response Squad Did 2 Filling Station 4 Hoarding Fuel In Lagos(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.