Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Where Punch Newspaper Got It Wrong: Anyaoku, Others Not Our Commanders...ipob - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Punch Newspaper Got It Wrong: Anyaoku, Others Not Our Commanders...ipob (1058 Views)

Nigeria Will Break Up – Anyaoku, Others / Jonathan Sends Anyaoku To Beg President Buhari Not To Probe Him- SaharaReporters / Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Punch Newspaper Got It Wrong: Anyaoku, Others Not Our Commanders...ipob by chosen04(f): 5:31pm On Mar 10, 2016
Ekwueme, Anyaoku not IPOB commanders – Spokesman

The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, on Thursday described as unfortunate a media publication (not DAILY POST), which tagged former Vice President, Dr. Alex Ekwueme and a former Commonwealth Secretary General, Chief Emeka Anyaoku as “IPOB commanders”.
The pro-Biafra group in a statement by its spokesmen, Barr. Emma Mmezu and Dr. Clifford Iroanya, said whereas it simply identified the duo of Ekwueme and Anyaoku as among credible Igbo leaders who could lead its negotiation, a particular media publication deliberately twisted its statement and described the elder statesmen as IPOB commanders.

The statement reads in part: “it has come to our notice that agents of our oppressors and avowed enemies of peace and justice has deliberately and mischievously twisted our suggestion that the visiting US Congress delegation meet with Anyaoku, Ekwueme, Nwabueze and others, to mean that these great gentlemen has suddenly become IPOB members.

“This is not so, hence this clarification.

“Three weeks ago, the US Consular General visited the Southeast on fact finding mission. Surprisingly, he met only with the APC executive in Enugu and predatory elements of moribund Ohanaeze, where road construction, second Niger Bridge, appointment of more Ndigbo into Buhari’s cabinet etc, were presented to the US delegation as the reason for our agitation for freedom.

“Again, two days ago, a delegation of US congressional staff arrived from Washington D.C. led by a senior staff of US Embassy in Nigeria and met with Ohanaeze at Nike Lake Hotel, Enugu, over our agitation for freedom from the hostile prison called Nigeria.

“Well meaning and conscientious people all over the world expressed outrage and shock, wondering why in the world are these US delegation desperately avoiding the most credible names from our political space.

“The world over, fact finding teams usually seek out the most credible names in their search for the truth, not organisations that are well known to all and sundry as political jobbers and government errand boys, like Ohanaeze, whose sole agenda today is only how to establish a self serving relationship with the present government as they always do and have done with previous governments.

“IPOB maintains our position, that these visiting delegation ought to endeavour to meet and speak with credible names like Anyaoku, Nwabueze, Ekwueme, and co.

“That does not in any way translate to any of them suddenly becoming IPOB commander, like one mischievous newspaper terrifying Anyaoku in private unsolicited emails yesterday.

“Convinced that over 90% of our people are standing with IPOB today, we dare the Nigerian government to organise a referendum to ascertain the authenticity of our demand for freedom.

“Our assertion that these and future visiting foreign delegation endeavour to meet with Ekwueme, Anyaoku and co, did not make them IPOB commanders. We also would wish them to meet with other credible opinion leaders from the clergy, traditional rulers, town union leaders, and even student unions.

“Discreetly arranging them to meet with Ohanaeze and scurry away the next day is suspicious, more importantly, hiding their visit from IPOB, whose agitation led to their visit in the first place is dubious.

“This clarification became necessary because we learnt from these great men that some journalists are sending them emails asking them ‘Sir, is it true that you were appointed IPOB commander’?

“We are aware of the activities of enemies of equity, justice and fairness, but they will never win.”. http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/10/ekwueme-anyaoku-not-ipob-commanders-spokesman/

1 Like

Re: Where Punch Newspaper Got It Wrong: Anyaoku, Others Not Our Commanders...ipob by BeClever: 5:38pm On Mar 10, 2016
I have said it once and I shall repeat it again..

You have been threatening to kill me.. .

If you do anyhow you see any how..
Don't forget what happened to you grand fathers..
If Igbos misbehave we shall kill 1Million if them.. .
Don't shout Genocide later..

And here is my reply to you..

You will Kill me and you shall live.. Right?

Well I have prepared to die and I hope you have also prepared for to live..

It unfortunate that your own fathers are wicked enough and forget to tell you how much he suffered and how many of them that lost their lives like chicken during those dark days.

The difference between us then would be that I will be coming to die and you shall be coming to live..

1 Like

Re: Where Punch Newspaper Got It Wrong: Anyaoku, Others Not Our Commanders...ipob by chosen04(f): 5:40pm On Mar 10, 2016
I know that certain people of South West origin, Sorry South West origin wont like this report....
Re: Where Punch Newspaper Got It Wrong: Anyaoku, Others Not Our Commanders...ipob by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 10, 2016
Everybody wan claim leader now
When en go hot everyone go deny and run
Re: Where Punch Newspaper Got It Wrong: Anyaoku, Others Not Our Commanders...ipob by TheBiafran(m): 5:42pm On Mar 10, 2016
we are formidable
we are unstoppable
we are intelligent
we are more than legion
we are all over the world
we are IPOB
dont take our silence for cowardice
we are not from SW
we do things that benefit us, dont care if you are pissed
we are upright, whiter than white and whiter than snow
Chukwu Okike Abiama is presiding
we must continue
my goodness me

3 Likes

Re: Where Punch Newspaper Got It Wrong: Anyaoku, Others Not Our Commanders...ipob by EasternPride: 5:49pm On Mar 10, 2016
Good one, hitting Lagos Ibadan expressway junk papers back and making the world know how useless liars they are.
Re: Where Punch Newspaper Got It Wrong: Anyaoku, Others Not Our Commanders...ipob by fulanimafia: 6:03pm On Mar 10, 2016
Liars trying to save face after Anyaoku's RED card. undecided

Excerpts from Yesterday's press release:

"Our focus now is to ensure the release of our leader first before we negotiate with anyone. We would view anyone discussing or attempting to cut a deal without the knowledge of the leadership of IPOB as an enemy of the people.

IPOB has chosen Dr Arthur Nwankwo, Dr Alex Ekwueme,
Archbishop Anthony Obinna, Gen. Alex Maduebo, Prof Ben Nwabueze, Chief Emeka Anyoku, as credible elders who will speak the truth without being easily compromised. representatives

“All over the world, fact finders meet with people with impeccable pedigree, not political contractors like Ohanaeze and Co.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/09/ipob-disowns-ohanaeze-names-ekwueme-anyaoku-others-head-of-negotiation/

The fact remains that IPOB chose Anyaoku to be one of its representatives (not commanders), and the man clearly and firmly rejected the secessionists nomination;

“I have not been approached nor would I be willing to undertake such an assignment in the present circumstances"

https://www.naij.com/759694-biafra-names-delegates-head-negotiations-kanus-release-reject-appointment.html

2 Likes

Re: Where Punch Newspaper Got It Wrong: Anyaoku, Others Not Our Commanders...ipob by Obipat(m): 8:41pm On Mar 10, 2016
South wast.e. abo.ki are giving run out of ur house u come dey carry igbos matter for head like dada. Cowards
Re: Where Punch Newspaper Got It Wrong: Anyaoku, Others Not Our Commanders...ipob by chosen04(f): 8:50pm On Mar 10, 2016
fulanimafia:
Liars trying to save face after Anyaoku's RED card. undecided

Excerpts from Yesterday's press release:

"Our focus now is to ensure the release of our leader first before we negotiate with anyone. We would view anyone discussing or attempting to cut a deal without the knowledge of the leadership of IPOB as an enemy of the people.

IPOB has chosen Dr Arthur Nwankwo, Dr Alex Ekwueme,
Archbishop Anthony Obinna, Gen. Alex Maduebo, Prof Ben Nwabueze, Chief Emeka Anyoku, as credible elders who will speak the truth without being easily compromised. representatives

“All over the world, fact finders meet with people with impeccable pedigree, not political contractors like Ohanaeze and Co.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/09/ipob-disowns-ohanaeze-names-ekwueme-anyaoku-others-head-of-negotiation/

The fact remains that IPOB chose Anyaoku to be one of its representatives (not commanders), and the man clearly and firmly rejected the secessionists nomination;

“I have not been approached nor would I be willing to undertake such an assignment in the present circumstances"

https://www.naij.com/759694-biafra-names-delegates-head-negotiations-kanus-release-reject-appointment.html
Why didnt you quote your infamous Lagos-ibadan expressway based Punch? Did you forget so soon that they were the one that claimed that Anyaoku rejected the offer?
Re: Where Punch Newspaper Got It Wrong: Anyaoku, Others Not Our Commanders...ipob by SleekAboki: 8:54pm On Mar 10, 2016
“Three weeks ago, the US Consular General visited the Southeast on fact finding mission. Surprisingly, he met only with the APC executive in Enugu and predatory elements of moribund Ohanaeze, where road construction, second Niger Bridge, appointment of more Ndigbo into Buhari’s cabinet etc, were presented to the US delegation as the reason for our agitation for freedom.
This move was hatched in Tinubu bedroom.
Re: Where Punch Newspaper Got It Wrong: Anyaoku, Others Not Our Commanders...ipob by Trut(m): 10:40pm On Mar 10, 2016
SleekAboki:
This move was hatched in Tinubu bedroom.
You are right...
Re: Where Punch Newspaper Got It Wrong: Anyaoku, Others Not Our Commanders...ipob by Rolings: 10:19am On Mar 11, 2016
Because all IPOD/PDP have been slandering the name of PMB calling him a boko haram sponsor because some "supposed boko haram" members sponsored by PDP/GEJ mentioned his name as their negotiator , I refuse to accept this denial . Anyaoku and others are in fact IPOB commanders and have been sponsoring Kanu, anyaoku is using his commonwealth connection to aid this secessionist movent. Also included should be Fayose and FFK after all as claimed by you guys Biafra war had yorubas who fought on biafra side.

Don't worry Dilector you will soon have company in your stinking kuje cell.

1 Like

Re: Where Punch Newspaper Got It Wrong: Anyaoku, Others Not Our Commanders...ipob by Aufbauh(m): 10:37am On Mar 11, 2016

“Convinced that over 90% of our people are standing with IPOB today, we dare the Nigerian government to organise a referendum to ascertain the authenticity of our demand for freedom.

The audacity of freedom!
#Nigeriafreebiafra
I will talk to Buhari about it and we will decide when, how and where the referendum will be conducted.

(1) (Reply)

Gov Wike Channels TV Interview Extract / What My Friend's Landlord Did. You Won't Believe. / Niger Delta Avengers, The Ecosystem And The Curse Of Crude Oil (pics) Attached.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.