Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot (19185 Views)

Lg G3 Stylus / Samsung Galaxy Tab A With Stylus For Sale / See The Beauty Of Nature. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by orimion(m): 11:23pm On Mar 12, 2016
yay! Made fp

update: nope, I didnt
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by babs01(m): 11:26pm On Mar 12, 2016
Gud

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
My sister once used fried chicken as a stylus. Does that mean its healthy too?
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 11:29pm On Mar 12, 2016
charix:
My sister once used fried chicken as a stylus. Does that mean its healthy too?

Impossible.
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 12, 2016
RobinHez:

Impossible.
Saw it with my very eyes. Wrote it off as the temperature of the drum stick since it was a little warmer than human touch.
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 11:39pm On Mar 12, 2016
charix:

Saw it with my very eyes. Wrote it off as the temperature of the drum stick since it was a little warmer than human touch.

Fried chicken
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by komododragons: 11:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
bqlekan:
Wow wow wow. No need buying stylus for this useless phone again. Lemme go get carrot, and I hope abokis won't increase the price after this your discovery,

Op, I hope this makes fp, maybe you should change the thread topic to ' A nairalander discovers another use for carrot'
and you think you some sense undecided
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by akpamfet: 12:34am On Mar 13, 2016
Price of carrot would jump! I know nigerians...
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by UjSizzle(f): 12:58am On Mar 13, 2016
This is interesting smiley

I have this app that's in dire need of a stylus on my WinPhone and this woman who keeps sending brain messages to buy her carrots.
Now i can finally marry both grin

Really smart, RobinHez. Curiosity is the mother of discoveries.
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by renegade09(m): 1:28am On Mar 13, 2016
So one should now move around with a carrot in his pocket ? Sounds impractical to me. Like you'll be in a bus and suddenly brings out a carrot to scroll on ur phone with?
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by oluwafreshkid(m): 1:49am On Mar 13, 2016
RobinHez:

I'm tired of tagging the mods. cry

Shebi u av goan quote seun on that research threads.... cheesy
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by ndcide(m): 2:12am On Mar 13, 2016
Teempakguy:
Nah, man. grin grin grin

It was recently discovered here that carrots have the same ability that fingers do, when it comes to touchscreens. This is a very interesting concept in science. when you find something that seems to be unrelated to another thing, and you find a relationship between them. as carrots have been found to fool touchscreens, we can investigate the behaviour of all vegetables in general and in short, study them and their effects on capacitive touchscreens.

possible applications of this would be a small handheld machine that measures the amount of minerals food have, or more cheaper styluses, and more.

even if there are no immediate applications, discoveries like this gives many scientists orgasms. grin

hehehe.
I'd do it in secret then. cheesy

thanks

1 Like

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by banio: 5:39am On Mar 13, 2016
Nice

1 Like

Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 6:28am On Mar 13, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

Shebi u av goan quote seun on that research threads.... cheesy

Who else saw that?! grin lipsrsealed
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 6:31am On Mar 13, 2016
UjSizzle:
This is interesting smiley

I have this app that's in dire need of a stylus on my WinPhone and this woman who keeps sending brain messages to buy her carrots.
Now i can finally marry both grin

Really smart, RobinHez. Curiosity is the mother of discoveries.

I never hoped for it to work but yet it did.... Lol grin

Happy wedding. cheesy
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by cardoctor(m): 7:57am On Mar 13, 2016
What happened to ur finger?
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by oluwatosin67: 8:05am On Mar 13, 2016
OP..if truly u are d innovator of ths ingenuity,,y don't u publish it at the right quarters and make ur fame/money befor puttin it on dis public space. #plagiarism
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 8:35am On Mar 13, 2016
oluwatosin67:
OP..if truly u are d innovator of ths ingenuity,,y don't u publish it at the right quarters and make ur fame/money befor puttin it on dis public space. #plagiarism

Like I said in the article, I discovered this unwittingly! I won't gain anything from plagiarism. smiley

2. Not everyone's life depends on fame or revolve around money, some folks just want to have a positive impact on their environment, making things better in the best way they can.
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 13, 2016
I guess some other things would work if tried. .. I just tried Raw Egg and Tomato and it worked!!
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by Nobody: 11:02am On Mar 13, 2016
Just tried raw egg and Tomato on my phone and it worked. ... just tried cooked yam now.... It also worked. ...

The physics behind it should be worked on so toy can get a proper theory.

RobinHez:
Today I was at my study table, and there were some carrots closeby (don't ask me how they got there...)
With the way they were looking, I decided to take one in my hand and it felt comfortable like a pen, my phone was in the other hand and in unwitting fashion, I tried using the carrot as a stylus and BAM! It worked flawlessly.
So I logged on the Internet to find out what was going on, and I'll like to share some interesting things I learnt in the process.

First, we must know that there are two major categories of touchscreen displays: the RESISTIVE touchscreen display and the CAPACITIVE touchscreen display. Most phones in the world make use of the latter category.
A capacitive touchscreen panel consists of some layers, two of which are of importance to this article. It consists of a Conductive layer which stores electric charges uniformly across the panel and on top of that, we have an insulated layer (like glass) which does not allow the free flow of electricity.
What happens when we touch the screen is that we've created a distortion in the electric field of the screen, and so, instead of the electric charges in the capacitive layer to keep flowing in uniformity, they begin to flow towards the point were we placed our touch. So that if we slide our fingers across the screen, the electrons in that path would move along in attraction to the finger. All these processes are being monitored by a processor which can read and record the point[s] were the distortions were created.
(Here's a YouTube video that'll explain the whole touchscreen process
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzLoWDkBKXk )

How all these grammar take concern Carrot?

LOL... Our body is able to control the touchscreen because it is a conductor of electric charges.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-bzLYSeMGSw0/VuHApvGfyxI/AAAAAAAABOc/avsYLHRWGyM/s1600/u8l1d3.gif[/img]

And apart from the fact that carrots are the most nutritional/healthy food known to man, they can also conduct electricity too. . This is due to the presence of Potassium in the vegetable. - The element Potassium is a metal, and metals are good conductors of electricity due to their valency.
You don't believe me? go ahead and try it out! Nature's Stylus!

Blogged@ http://edscienceblog..com/2016/03/nature-stylus-carrot.html
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 12:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
sirmobol:
Just tried raw egg and Tomato on my phone and it worked. ... just tried cooked yam now.... It also worked. ...

The physics behind it should be worked on so toy can get a proper theory.

Wow!

But those are not ergonomical enough to be used as a pen....
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by bqlekan(m): 9:31am On Mar 17, 2016
RobinHez:

Lol.. Using a carrot should be like a last resort tho.... Don't ask me why. lipsrsealed
OK I'll say why.... It might make u look stupid! grin

I also wish it did. I hoped that Nairaland would be the best place to talk on what I discovered, but sadly, Lalasticlala doesn't want to even view the thread. cry
Lol, have you tried insulating your hand before using the carrot? Is it the carrot passing charge from the body?
Re: Nature's Stylus! - The Carrot by RobinHez(m): 12:06pm On Mar 17, 2016
bqlekan:

Lol, have you tried insulating your hand before using the carrot? Is it the carrot passing charge from the body?
The carrot works independent of the hand. Remember it's also a conductor of electricity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo Of Giant Snake (55ft): Biggest Snake In The World / Algae Converted To Crude Oil In Under An Hour-see Picture And Video / Airtel Introduces 5mb Package For Just N5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.