Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,249 members, 7,867,651 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:41 PM

Tambuwal's Wife To Sponsor Education Of 700 Girls Annually - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal's Wife To Sponsor Education Of 700 Girls Annually (515 Views)

Dino Melaye Set To Sponsor Bill Against Tribal Marks After Seeing This Photo / Army To Sponsor Education Of Dead Soldiers' Children (Photos) / Aregbesola And The Bastardisation Of The Education Of Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal's Wife To Sponsor Education Of 700 Girls Annually by boman2014: 12:04am On Mar 11, 2016
[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt2k0ocn5sitv.cb35509c.jpg[/img]

Hajiya Mariya, wife of Sokoto State Governor Aminu Waziri
Tambuwal, has pledged to sponsor the education of 700 girls
annually to enable them acquire quality education for a
brighter future.

This she said will be done in collaboration with the Sokoto
state ministries of education, women affairs and the state
SDGs office.

Speaking at an event organised to mark the international
women’s day at the the Milton Keynes College in the United
Kingdom, Mrs tambuwal said her intervention will target girls
from economically-disadvantaged familiesRepresented by Dr
Asma’u Wali, Mrs Tambuwal pledged to encourage parity
between male and female genders in Sokoto state. “Parity
begins with education. Without an education it is far more
difficult to have a fulfilling and fulfilled life.

Without access to education there’s less opportunity to earn more and live behind
a life of poverty,” she said.

According to her, “I want to see an end to gender gaps in my
country as I know you all want to see a similar end to gender
gaps here in the UK,” she said She called on employers to
support parity by paying men and women the same pay for
the same work. She raised her concern on why sectors
dominated by women are low paid.

Haj Mariya called on parents and guardians to encourage their
children into becoming professionals.

She thanked the Principal of Milton Keynes College, Dr Mills for
giving her the opportunity to speak at the event, and also urged
everyone to support the Pledge for parity.

https://www.naij.com/760107-unbelievable-read-tambuwals-wife-plans-700-girls-annually.html
Re: Tambuwal's Wife To Sponsor Education Of 700 Girls Annually by skondo09(m): 12:11am On Mar 11, 2016
A nice move for child education esp in the north.

#supportchildeducation

not

#childmarriage
Re: Tambuwal's Wife To Sponsor Education Of 700 Girls Annually by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 11, 2016
It's not her personal money.She want to use her husband position as the governor's wife to create the office of the first lady so that money will be budgeted in her office every year for looting in the name of sponsoring girls education.
Re: Tambuwal's Wife To Sponsor Education Of 700 Girls Annually by okuneddie(m): 12:46am On Mar 11, 2016
the bros above me, its still good than to spend it for trips and unnecessary stuff at least if it won't reach that number again she go still try....u should know some northerners no believe in their sons going to school talk more of female education

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Rivers APC Candidate, Dakuku Peterside, DG Of NIMASA / Olorogun Felix Ibru Dies At 80 / PHOTOS: This Twitter User Claims Buhari's Shoes Costs $8000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.