Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty (34252 Views)

Six Ways To Grow Entrepreneurship In Nigeria / Elumelu Seeks More Int’l Support To Boost Entrepreneurship In Africa / Part 2. Entrepreneurship Is A Scam In Nigeria As Well As A Multiplier Of Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by oneolajire(m): 11:01pm On Mar 14, 2016
ypeace:
I don't know Anambra or Nnewi. One could be considered richer than the other. But which is qualified to be developed? The true fact remains acquisition of capital (growth) is not same as development. And infact it does not lead to development. Nigeria over the years have acquired capital in form of loans, infrastructure but that has led to an increase in foreign dept and depreciated assets we lack the knowledge and capability to upgrade. Further acquisition of loan, machines instead of acquisition of knowledge, skill and capability to make them ourselves is like the foolish man in chinese proverb who didnt learn how to fish but wants to eat fish.

We had NITEL as a business in Nigeria, equivalent to growth in communication, we lack the development i.e the ability to build and run NITEL independently. The day those who built NITEl for us switch to another form (mobile network), NITEl falls. Now we have mtn, glo, etisalat which Nigeria had no capacity to build. They are business growth, not business dev. Nanotechnology is fast developing, when the west stops furnishing us with what the so called business men deal with, their business will run a natural death like NITEL.

But instead of acquiring capital a mere depreciating asset (finished product, infrastructure), let us acquire the knowledge, skill and capacity to do it ourselves just like Europeans learnt from india, china, islamic and african civilization in the medieval periods; just like how England learnt from the Europeans, America learnt from England, and the Asians are fast learning from Americans.

I am not writing this as a result of what I think is right, I am this as a result of learning from pple like Professor Ogbimi, Wale Babalakin etc, and a careful study of history myself. I have done an un-published report comparative study of history between Nigeria and India automobile industry submitted to a dept in OAU........

The result as learnt from history shows that developed country did not develop because they had money, infrastructure, smes. They developed because they acquire the KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND CAPACITY to do what they were unable to do prior to their advancement.

Good thinking, good product. God bless you abundantly.
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by ypeace: 11:08pm On Mar 14, 2016
The West: the have knowlege, skill, capability before they can produce. The sell because they have what to sell to those who need them.

Nigeria wants to develop her SME, infrastructure etc. without the knowledge, skill and capability to do so... They want to enjoy the fruit without planting the seed.

A father who builds a house, buys car for him instead of educating the child has failed the child. The day that father dies, is the day the child realises he has nothing. Nigeria is failing and will continue to fail if it continue to seek for loan, infrastrcuture (depreciating assets = problem) instead of seeking for knowledge, skill and capacity to build her own (learning). History has taught us enough. Nigerians should learn!
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by ypeace: 11:13pm On Mar 14, 2016
oneolajire:

Good thinking, good product. God bless you abundantly.
thanks bro. You started the movement. God bless you too. The need to change the orientation of pple is the first step. We need to be patient and persevere. When the pple understands they have been taking steps in the wrong direction, it is then they will listen to our solution in attaining our desired destination......... A developed, advanced and highly rated Nigeria. I wish to see this during my life time.
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by oneolajire(m): 11:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
ypeace:

cool. I have his exa, tommorow, TPD 502. There is need for us to inform people with the correct perception and solution to Nigeria's problem because the rate at which wrong perception and wrong drug ois being admistered is alarming. An industrialized (well structured) version of informing people (about the right perception of the problem) is need to match and surpass the rate of misinformation. The industrialised version as observed by adam smith and recorded in page 79 of Ogbimi's book, solution to mass unemployment in Nigeria will be more efficient. Don't you think?

God bless you, wishing you good success in your exams. My Regards to Prof Ogbimi of SOLEP,with office @ the computer building.

Though I agree with almost what Prof Ogbimi wrote in his books, but I will NEVER agree with a point(prescribed solution of acquiring skills) of his that engineers have some skills to learn from some artisans (Like the metallurgist gaining knowledge from the blacksmith). I believe if we have well equipped labs, workshops and training institutes, we will NEVER need gain technical skill from the artisans cos their level would have been too low for us to visit
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by porozhniy(m): 11:30pm On Mar 14, 2016
KELVIN086:

Very true sir , I had a project I wanted to construct(a robot for the army and police for remote surveillance ) about 6 months ago but when I considered the fact that I was still unable to feed myself not to talk about carrying out such an expensive project I just had to drop the idea.
Keep your dreams alive my brother, your prototype may get you the needed grant from private organisations as long as their is profit to be made.

3 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by oneolajire(m): 11:32pm On Mar 14, 2016
ypeace:
thanks bro. You started the movement. God bless you too. The need to change the orientation of pple is the first step. We need to be patient and persevere. When the pple understands they have been taking steps in the wrong direction, it is then they will listen to our solution in attaining our desired destination......... A developed, advanced and highly rated Nigeria. I wish to see this during my life time.

Amen, we'll all see a great Nig in Jesus name. Pls help spread the good news that entrepreneurship in Nigeria is a scam. Until we develop engineering based entrepreneurs, we are only deceiving ourselves. Thanks
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by christopher123(m): 11:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
ypeace:
I don't know Anambra or Nnewi. One could be considered richer than the other. But which is qualified to be developed? The true fact remains acquisition of capital (growth) is not same as development. And infact it does not lead to development. Nigeria over the years have acquired capital in form of loans, infrastructure but that has led to an increase in foreign dept and depreciated assets we lack the knowledge and capability to upgrade. Further acquisition of loan, machines instead of acquisition of knowledge, skill and capability to make them ourselves is like the foolish man in chinese proverb who didnt learn how to fish but wants to eat fish.

We had NITEL as a business in Nigeria, equivalent to growth in communication, we lack the development i.e the ability to build and run NITEL independently. The day those who built NITEl for us switch to another form (mobile network), NITEl falls. Now we have mtn, glo, etisalat which Nigeria had no capacity to build. They are business growth, not business dev. Nanotechnology is fast developing, when the west stops furnishing us with what the so called business men deal with, their business will run a natural death like NITEL.

But instead of acquiring capital a mere depreciating asset (finished product, infrastructure), let us acquire the knowledge, skill and capacity to do it ourselves just like Europeans learnt from india, china, islamic and african civilization in the medieval periods; just like how England learnt from the Europeans, America learnt from England, and the Asians are fast learning from Americans.

I am not writing this as a result of what I think is right, I am this as a result of learning from pple like Professor Ogbimi, Wale Babalakin etc, and a careful study of history myself. I have done an un-published report comparative study of history between Nigeria and India automobile industry submitted to a dept in OAU........

The result as learnt from history shows that developed country did not develop because they had money, infrastructure, smes. They developed because they acquire the KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND CAPACITY to do what they were unable to do prior to their advancement.

The grammer is too much

Capital is equals to growth and growth is iequal to development ..they are inter wined . you can't get a development without capital

I do get your apology but know that SME develops a competitive advantage and here economies of scale and comparative advantage takes place ....SME is a key to growth

Knowledge isn't always gotten from walls of school but by on the hand experience.

That's is why you will see proffesors of economics that can't manage a simple kiosk

SME and self employment is the key in this competitive world ..these SME will bud to big firms

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by oneolajire(m): 11:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
ypeace:
The West: the have knowlege, skill, capability before they can produce. The sell because they have what to sell to those who need them.

Nigeria wants to develop her SME, infrastructure etc. without the knowledge, skill and capability to do so... They want to enjoy the fruit without planting the seed.

A father who builds a house, buys car for him instead of educating the child has failed the child. The day that father dies, is the day the child realises he has nothing. Nigeria is failing and will continue to fail if it continue to seek for loan, infrastrcuture (depreciating assets = problem) instead of seeking for knowledge, skill and capacity to build her own (learning). History has taught us enough. Nigerians should learn!

Guy, you dey hot oooo. So you really want to score 98A in TPD 502 tomorrow, no qualms, success is yours.
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by christopher123(m): 11:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
ypeace:

You failed it ...the West had to produce because they need to produce was there not because they had a skill. The need to produce will spur skills

Bow another example ..during the Biafra war there was a blockage on Biafra side and the need to produce internally arose and the biafrans started producing their weapons ..that is the need

There must be a need before you developed the skill

What if you get the skill without the need to produce ..you will see that the skill will be a wasted capital

The need will spur the skill not the other way round

Chinese knew they wanted to be competitive and the encouraged SME and these SME developed the required skill over time they started by copying till they became innovative

We should always be mindful if what we postulate
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by christopher123(m): 11:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
aribisala0:
I do not know whether your claim is true or false but what is the definition of Concentration of business owners
WHAT IS A BUSINESS?>
Is this claim based on any objective data or just sentiments. What kinds of business exactly is it that is done in Nnewi and how do you define business owner? before talking of "concentration" ? That assertion seems like fantasy to me ? Do you know the concentration of Businesses in Malumfashi or Gamboru Ngala?
A lawyer running a Chambers is a business owner as is an Aboki selling Suya or cigarettes. So please tell us how you come about this Nnewi claim?

Itsis just a pointer that the anambra realised that they can't wait for government to give them jobs in 80sthey encouraged the SME and over the years these smes developed and budded to big firm such as case studies like coscharis innosson ibeto, capital oil etc ..these were SME before now they are big industries

The anology is that SME is the key not big economic theories

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by aribisala0(m): 11:58pm On Mar 14, 2016
christopher123:

Itsis just a pointer that the anambra realised that they can't wait for government to give them jobs in 80sthey encouraged the SME and over the years these smes developed and budded to big firm such as case studies like coscharis innosson ibeto, capital oil etc ..these were SME before now they are big industries

The anology is that SME is the key not big economic theories
You have not Answered what I asked rather you are beating about the bush. Answer what I asked Where is your evidence for your claims about Anambra and Nnewi? There are SMEs all over the country nothing special about Anambra

FYI the Fulani Herdsman is an SME
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by christopher123(m): 12:10am On Mar 15, 2016
aribisala0:
You have not Answered what I asked rather you are beating about the bush. Answer what I asked Where is your evidence for your claims about Anambra and Nnewi? There are SMEs all over the country nothing special about Anambra

Claims ..people are funny ..you are asking me claims of my village or my state. Why don't you go and have a first hand experience.. That's research. If I talk you call me chest beater

Anambra has the highest number if SMEs and that's a fact

Coscharis , innosson ,ibeto, emzor pharmaceutical, capital oil , cutix cables and many more are claims of nnewi SME s that metamorphosed to big companies

You see that you don't get knowledge in classes but on the field experience

Keep blowing grammar
Let those have have the guts keep becoming start ups

I hate these paper economist ..they ruined this country with their theories

Forgetting that each economy is peculiar and unique
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by christopher123(m): 12:14am On Mar 15, 2016
aribisala0:

And that's why the Fulani heardsman is more richer and will have a higher prospect that that man wearing starched shirt earning 30k a month blowing big English

A cow is 80k x 20 in a heard which is 1.6 million minimum so you can see that the Fulani man is turning more capital over but the guy earning 30k will just earn 360k a year so he can rise above poverty but the Fulani man has the capacity to rise above that and I have seen rich cattle owners

So what are you talking
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by MIKOLOWISKA: 3:50am On Mar 15, 2016
you're funny
p and g makes over 83 billion from selling soap to us
is it country that cannot make soap that will make transformer
you crawl before you run

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by Donpizzle(m): 4:10am On Mar 15, 2016
youngdad:
Thanks for rubbishing your country what have you contributed in improving your immediate environment.What impact have you made on other people.Abeg start something that will help those around you,forget the Government.
Y shud e forget the govt? What's their duty as governors and President of the country? Graduates are suffering and the govt is busy piling up our money in their account and u re saying forget the govt. Do u evn knw wat ur entitlement as a graduate-citizen in Nigeria is? Na wa oo.
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by aribisala0(m): 6:08am On Mar 15, 2016
christopher123:

And that's why the Fulani heardsman is more richer and will have a higher prospect that that man wearing starched shirt earning 30k a month blowing big English

A cow is 80k x 20 in a heard which is 1.6 million minimum so you can see that the Fulani man is turning more capital over but the guy earning 30k will just earn 360k a year so he can rise above poverty but the Fulani man has the capacity to rise above that and I have seen rich cattle owners

So what are you talking
I am not talking about who is richer or not .This is not an OMATA meeting . This is supposed to be an intellectual debate so try and contribute in an appropriate manner. You made a claim which I find strange and am seeking substantiation or corroboration.If you cannot provide this just admit it and spare me the vainglorious grandstanding
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by aribisala0(m): 6:18am On Mar 15, 2016
christopher123:

Claims ..people are funny ..you are asking me claims of my village or my state. Why don't you go and have a first hand experience.. That's research. If I talk you call me chest beater

Anambra has the highest number if SMEs and that's a fact

Coscharis , innosson ,ibeto, emzor pharmaceutical, capital oil , cutix cables and many more are claims of nnewi SME s that metamorphosed to big companies

You see that you don't get knowledge in classes but on the field experience

Keep blowing grammar
Let those have have the guts keep becoming start ups

I hate these paper economist ..they ruined this country with their theories

Forgetting that each economy is peculiar and unique
It is only illiterates that make up facts in their bedrooms. If it is a fact let us examine it scientifically. Y You do not bulldoze facts into people's head. You say it is YOUR State fine!! Any other joker can come and say the same thing about their state. Just like when two people contest an election anyone can declare their selves the winner. That is not the way of educated people. If Anamba has the highest who is second and third and when was this measured?

We know for a fact that 25% of the cars registered in Nigeria are in Lagos .How do we know this? The FRSC commission says so. To my mind every car dealership is an SME and generally they are SMEs. How many petrol stations are in your Anambra state? How many hairdressers, tailors hospitals etc How many weddings take place in Anambra every week. How many phone subscribers are in Anambra?
Yet you expect us to swallow your nonsense that Anambra has the highest number of SMEs. Sure you want to believe that because it makes yo. u feel good but it does not change anything.
You are correct I am "blowing grammar" This place is not for illiterates.Maybe you want to go and open your shop?

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by christopher123(m): 6:29am On Mar 15, 2016
aribisala0:
It is only illiterates that make up facts in their bedrooms. If it is a fact let us examine it scientifically. Y You do not bulldoze facts into people's head. You say it is YOUR State fine!! Any other joker can come and say the same thing about their state. Just like when two people contest an election anyone can declare their selves the winner. That is not the way of educated people. If Anamba has the highest who is second and third and when was this measured?

We know for a fact that 25% of the cars registered in Nigeria are in Lagos .How do we know this? The FRSC commission says so. To my mind every car dealership is an SME and generally they are SMEs. How many petrol stations are in your Anambra state? How many hairdressers, tailors hospitals etc How many weddings take place in Anambra every week. How many phone subscribers are in Anambra?
Yet you expect us to swallow your nonsense that Anambra has the highest number of SMEs. Sure you want to believe that because it makes yo. u feel good but it does not change anything.
You are correct I am "blowing grammar" This place is not for illiterates.M ftaybe you want to go and open your shop?

You have started making that mistake ..I never said that the whole SME are in in anambra you asked for caims I gave you and now you are twisting it.

These SME many started in Lagos by anambra indigens some started elsewhere but they ploughed profits home and created a good economy back home through capital reparations. Is this a difficult economics
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by dylan1ng(m): 6:32am On Mar 15, 2016
Well said bro u hit d nail on the head. Itiwara aki oyibo nsugbe. wink
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by aribisala0(m): 6:34am On Mar 15, 2016
christopher123:

You have started making that mistake ..I never said that the whole SME are in in anambra you asked for caims I gave you and now you are twisting it.

These SME many started in Lagos by anambra indigens some started elsewhere but they ploughed profits home and created a good economy back home through capital reparations. Is this a difficult economics

Do you have data for Kogi indigenes? Anambra people buy and sell goods but there are many SMEs that sell services Hair dressers, tailors lawyers ,barbers mechanics and so on . You cannot just wake up and start making claims like an illiterate. How many of the Mechanics in Lagos or Nigeria are from Anambra ? How many are from Yobe. You think all business comes in 40ft containers? Please stop talking ignorantly. Without hard data your claims are nothing more than Gulder and Nkwobi talk
The greatest indigenous component of our economy is AGRICULTURE. How many farms are in Anambra ? How much land is in Anambra? How many poultries ,fish farms? Oil mills,Feed mills? There are more SMEs in Agriculture in the North and they are not joking
What about transport are they jokers and not businesses? What is a taxi driver? How many are in Lagos compared to Anambra?
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by christopher123(m): 6:35am On Mar 15, 2016
aribisala0:
I am not talking about who is richer or not .This is not an OMATA meeting . This is supposed to be an intellectual debate so try and contribute in an appropriate manner. You made a claim which I find strange and am seeking substantiation or corroboration.If you cannot provide this just admit it and spare me the vainglorious grandstanding

The problem with people is that they like using big grammer to confuse people ..mind you I am an MSc graduate but I love making analogoy simple

You said Fulani is an sme and I agreed with you but what you have in your mind us starch office wearing person .

Oga come down from your high horse..that Fulani is rendering not even service but production and producing tangible goods than your phantom economics that wears ties and blows big English

That Fulani man has the capacity to add value in his product service change thereby causing what is called "ripple effects" in economy . I know you see them from backwardness I see them from economic point .

They are contributing more to the economy than that agbero that hangs around .this is what is called macro economics . you should know some elements of cooperative economics

SME are drivers for any economy and they are biggest engagers .in .y own term I call them economic drivers not these big corporations
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by oneolajire(m): 6:39am On Mar 15, 2016
Angelstartups, Thanks, your email has been replied.
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by aribisala0(m): 6:40am On Mar 15, 2016
christopher123:

The problem with people is that they like using big grammer to confuse people ..mind you I am an MSc graduate but I love making analogoy simple

You said Fulani is an sme and I agreed with you but what you have in your mind us starch office wearing person .

Oga come down from your high horse..that Fulani is rendering not even service but production and producing tangible goods than your phantom economics that wears ties and blows big English

That Fulani man has the capacity to add value in his product service change thereby causing what is called "ripple effects" in economy . I know you see them from backwardness I see them from economic point .

They are contributing more to the economy than that agbero that hangs around .this is what is called macro economics . you should know some elements of cooperative economics

SME are drivers for any economy and they are biggest engagers .in .y own term I call them economic drivers not these big corporations
An MsC graduate who cannot spell GRAMMAR. You are an embarrassment. You certainly do not talk as if you have WAEC. Shame!!

Listen to the rubbish you are writing : What I have in mind is "starch office person" what incoherent nonsense. I asked you about your Nnewi claim. So stop digressing. Every time business discussion comes up instead of discussing intelligently you must always contrive a way to assert your delusional superiority and when called out you resort to breezy bluster . What does starch office person have to do with the nonsense you wrote about Anambra and Nnewi

You say you "know" I see Fulani as backward.And you know this how? You certainly are not worthy of any kind of university degree maybe a beer parlour degree would be more apropos
I agree about SMEs and their importance but that is not the issue I have with you . It is your Nnewi/Anambra claim so please some digressing
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by christopher123(m): 6:51am On Mar 15, 2016
aribisala0:

An MsC graduate who cannot spell GRAMMAR. You are an embarrassment. You certainly do not talk as if you have WAEC. Shame!!

Listen to the rubbish you are writing : What I have in mind is "starch office person" what incoherent nonsense. I asked you about your Nnewi claim. So stop digressing. Every time business discussion comes up instead of discussing intelligently you must always contrive a way to assert your delusional superiority and when called out you resort to breezy bluster . What does starch office peson have to do with the nonsense you wrote about Anambra and Nnewi

Oga the problem with you is that you are having issues with deductive reason Mr big grammars. I think you have failed to see my position and I wonder how you do this

I made a simple postulation using anambra and even China as an analogy yet you have refused to comprehend this simple fact. I just made this easy but yet you sound unreachable
First you said Fulani is an SME to riddicle them yet I punctured that
You used OMATA. I let it slide ..
I know you are the type that basically does nothing than do the empericle. It is somebody like you we fired just few days in office as an assistant manager

He comes blowing big grammars and bamboozled us ..we were fooled and thought he was capable ..just th way you spoke

After just 3 months he couldn't deliver the simplest things we demanded of him ..we fired him ...he is blowing grammar like you .

I told the management never to look at grammar or degree but if an ssce person can do the job hire him.

Take this or you leave it...SME are drivers of economy ..you can still blow grammar and for intellect that is bereft.

I am done here
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by aribisala0(m): 6:55am On Mar 15, 2016
christopher123:

Oga the problem with you is that you are having issues with deductive reason Mr big grammars. I think you have failed to see my position and I wonder how you do this

I made a simple postulation using anambra and even China as an analogy yet you have refused to comprehend this simple fact. I just made this easy but yet you sound unreachable
I know you are the type that basically does nothing than do the empericle. It is somebody like you we fired just few days in office as an assistant manager

He comes blowing big grammars and bamboozled us ..we were fooled and thought he was capable ..just th way you spoke

After just 3 months he couldn't deliver the simplest things we demanded of him ..we fired him ...he is blowing grammar like you .

I told the management never to look at grammar or degree but if an ssce person can do the job hire him.

Take this or you leave it...SME are drivers of economy ..you can still blow grammar and for intellect that is bereft.

I am done here
How did I ridicule Fulani? Actually I agree with everything you say about the importance of SMEs so quit the blackmail and answer the issue. THE ONLY THING I AM INTERESTED in is your claim about Nnewi and Anambra so please stop the appeal to sentiment as a way of avoiding that. As an "Msc" you must know the importance of substantiating claims. So STOP DIGRESSING and provide a SOURCE for your claim that NNEWI has the highest concentration of SMEs
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by aribisala0(m): 7:01am On Mar 15, 2016
christopher123:

I am done here
I do not understand your English most of the time but anyone who follows this thread will see I have posted several times and that is because the subject is dear to my heart. Anyone would see that I have championed the importance of SMEs such as the the Fulani Herdsman so where you get your ridiculous notion that I am trying to ridicule them is a reflection of your state of mind>
You made the typical vainglorious ,chest beating claim about Anambra and Nnewi and that is ,as far as I am concerned the only thing I have to discuss with you . Can you substantiate that absurd claim?
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by christopher123(m): 7:01am On Mar 15, 2016
aribisala0:
How did I ridicule Fulani? Actually I agree with everything you say about the importance of SMEs so quit the blackmail and answer the issue. THE ONLY THING I AM INTERESTED in is your claim about Nnewi and Anambra so please stop the appeal to sentiment as a way of avoiding that. As an "Msc" you must know the importance of substantiating claims. So STOP DIGRESSING and provide a SOURCE for your claim that NNEWI has the highest concentration of SMEs

Oga ..you asked for facts I gave you list of SME that have evolved and some are still evolving from nnewi axis . if you doubt it why don't you verify ....that's how academic pursuits is done .

Do you want me to do the research for you? Don't be lazy intellectually

Good morning . I am running late . we talk later

Ignore the typos take the content and don't grasp straws here
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by aribisala0(m): 7:06am On Mar 15, 2016
christopher123:

Oga ..you asked for facts I gave you list of SME that have evolved and some are still evolving from nnewi axis . if you doubt it why don't you verify ....that's how academic pursuits is done .

Do you want me to do the research for you? Don't be lazy intellectually

Good morning . I am running late . we talk later

Ignore the typos take the content and don't grasp straws here
You are not doing it for me.YOU MADE THE CLAIM.

HIGHEST CONCENTRATION OF SMES in Nigeria is in NNEWI

That is what YOU SAID

as an alleged MSC holder you must understand the aphorism

ei incumbit probatio qui dicit non qui negat

It is incumbent on he who asserts a thing to prove it not on he who disputes to disprove.

If you said there is a high concentration of SMEs in Anambra or Nnewi there would be no argument but when you say HIGHEST then you place a burden of proof on YOURSELF.

It was an empty ,meaningless and boastful assertion
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by christopher123(m): 7:09am On Mar 15, 2016
aribisala0:
You are not doing it for me.YOU MADE THE CLAIM.

HIGHEST CONCENTRATION OF SMES in Nigeria is in NNEWI

That is what YOU SAID

as an alleged MSC holder you must understand the aphorism

ei incumbit probatio qui dicit non qui negat

It is incumbent on he who asserts a thing to prove it not on he who disputes to disprove.

If you said there is a high concentration of SMEs in Anambra or Nnewi there would be no argument but when you say HIGHEST then you place a burden of proof on YOURSELF.

It was an empty ,meaningless and boastful assertion

This guy...and grammar or Latin

Ok disprove it .if that's debatable prove it with facts

Oga go and get ready for the day . I am done with you for now
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by christopher123(m): 7:10am On Mar 15, 2016
aribisala0:
I do not understand your English most of the time but anyone who follows this thread will see I have posted several times and that is because the subject is dear to my heart. Anyone would see that I have championed the importance of SMEs such as the the Fulani Herdsman so where you get your ridiculous notion that I am trying to ridicule them is a reflection of your state of mind>
You made the typical vainglorious ,chest beating claim about Anambra and Nnewi and that is ,as far as I am concerned the only thing I have to discuss with you . Can you substantiate that absurd claim?

If you don't comprehend my English ....I will recommend brighter grammar
Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by 2sexycom(m): 7:11am On Mar 15, 2016
oneolajire:

God bless you, wishing you good success in your exams. My Regards to Prof Ogbimi of SOLEP,with office @ the computer building.

Though I agree with almost what Prof Ogbimi wrote in his books, but I will[b] NEVER [/b]agree with a point(prescribed solution of acquiring skills) of his that engineers have some skills to learn from some artisans (Like the metallurgist gaining knowledge from the blacksmith). I believe if we have well equipped labs, workshops and training institutes, we will NEVER need gain technical skill from the artisans cos their level would have been too low for us to visit
Typical of over inflated ego of the average Nigerian graduate.

Who give a fork about levels where knowledge is the most important thing. You see, this is where you lots just pour over big grammar without basics. What is wrong if you learn from the artisan and then, as a graduate which you claim to be, improve on their own system and transferring it to other graduates?

The way you and I see education is quite different and your way of reasoning is why many NIGERIAN GRADUATES are roaming the streets without Nothing to show for it, despite bagging Bsc, Msc, Phd and what have you, thus the title of title of your thread.

If I ask you to start meat selling business, I know you will curse my whole generation saying things like "A whole graduate like you" ,"How can you descend so low" blah blah...

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty by aribisala0(m): 7:11am On Mar 15, 2016
christopher123:

This guy...and grammar or Latin

Ok disprove it .if that's debatable prove it with facts

Oga go and get ready for the day . I am done with you for now
I thought you said you sack people like me grin
People like you by now are rushing to resume in one of my SMEs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Stanbic's N60,250,000 Recovered From A Supermarket In Port-Harcourt / Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts / Folorunso Alakija Celebrates Her 66th Birthday, Dances With Otedola & Elumelu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.