Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,612 members, 7,851,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:11 PM

Fayose mulls dumping PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose mulls dumping PDP (474 Views)

Ministers Panic As Osinbajo Mulls Cabinet Shake-up / Boko Haram Dumping Pits Discovered By Army During Clearance Operation - Graphic / Jim Nwobodo Marries Patricia After Dumping PDP For APC Today(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fayose mulls dumping PDP by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 11, 2016
The Ekiti State governor, Ayodele Fayose, has indicated that he might use another political platform to pursue his succession battle in the 2018 governorship poll in the state.
The governor, who gave the indication in Ikere Ekiti while meeting with members of the Suppliers’ Association of Nigeria, Ikere chapter, however said he was yet to settle for any of the registered political parties.
He said: “I don’t know the platform I will use for the 2018 election yet and at the appropriate time, I will tell you.
“We are still studying the situation. We have to play the game left, right and centre and whoever we are going to use and the platform, you will all be part of the process because party politics is about the people,” he said.
Fayose, who condemned the alleged monetisation of the just concluded governorship election in Ondo State, warned the ruling APC not to dream of capturing Ekiti in the 2018 governorship election like what transpired in Ondo.
“You all saw how people sold their votes in Ondo State, I am confident that will not happen in Ekiti. I am close to the people, you are the source of my strength. Even if it requires just 48 hours to any election, if I tell you where to go, you will surely follow me there,” he said.
Fayose also said the emergence of Mr. Rotimi Akeredolu, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Ondo, did not in any way threaten the supremacy of the PDP in Ekiti.
“APC will be fooling itself if it thinks it will conquer Ekiti like it did in Ondo. Ekiti is a peculiar place and I am the man on ground here,” he said.
“Today, I am the only one among the APC governors in the South-west. I am now like the nation of Israel surrounded by enemies, but I shall defeat and triumph over them.
“APC has never defeated me in any battle, either political or legal. Whether they like it or not, I will win in Ekiti no matter the animosity, because I have the people behind me,” he said..

source.. http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/fayose-mulls-dumping-pdp/174017.html
Re: Fayose mulls dumping PDP by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 01, 2016
biafrans will be pleased.

(1) (Reply)

Space Is Amazing. / Fg’s N3.1 Trillion Revenue Loss Traced To An Individual / Malawian President to TB Joshua --i Will Not Die, your Prophecies Are Fake.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.