Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,279 members, 7,826,082 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

President Buhari's Seeks To Become "Contemporary Father Of Secession Nations". - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's Seeks To Become "Contemporary Father Of Secession Nations". (382 Views)

Response To: What Will Happen To Igbo Properties In A Case Of Secession? / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Seeks Emergency Powers To Tackle Economy / Buhari Seeks Senate Approval To Borrow N2.10 Trn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari's Seeks To Become "Contemporary Father Of Secession Nations". by luciomoggi(m): 8:01am On Mar 12, 2016
Nigerians were thrown into confusion when reports reached them of the Presidents support for the secession of Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic , SADR otherwise called Western Sahara from Morocco.

SADR is not get a fully internationally recognised state hence their fight for self-determination. It controls a thin strip of area in the Western Sahara region and claims sovereignty over the entire Western Sahara territory (former Spanish Colony).

This is not the second time the president is publicly backing secession aspiring nations as he has already done the same to Palestine a month ago. One only wonders what basis the president is hinging his backing for the minor territories for self-determination. Why is he the only vocal supporter of secession hungry nations in Sub Saharan Africa as other leaders appear too busy to be seen making such unguarded statement. Is the president now more interested in international relations while his own country boils? Why is he still detaining a leader of a secession minority in Nigeria while he's seen aligning with that of other nations ?

It is ironical that the president has shown to be a man of double standards with such opinions and statements. Why has he suddenly stood against the secession of the minority Eastern Nigerians who have not felt like citizens of this very country since independence ? Is what is good for the goose no longer good for the gander? This is like the Spanish President supporting the secession of Biafra while at the same time frustrating the secession plans of Catalonia. It would be better for the president to be advised to to keep shut and avoid joining issues with separatist regions and concentrate on improving the fortunes of his citizens while not fanning the flames of violence which has currently engulfed the Biafra region in recent times .

Nigeria has a multiple problems and challenges which do not look likely to be solved any time soon, hence making that temptation of making unguarded statements like he does less . The president should understand that as a leader , he should not always be making public his personal opinions as this particular one contradicts him . It is suspected that the president is promoting an international Islamic agenda at the expense of a multi-religious country like Nigeria . This is because the two countries he has backed so far will be islamic states if their requests are granted. Kosovo , Catalonia to mention but a few also want secession and it is surprising the president has kept mute on matters concerning them.

President Muhammadu Buhari still hasn't realised he is no longer in the opposition as his policies and programmes are still based on propaganda of which Alhaji Lai Mohammed is pivotal and the arrowhead. From denying his 82 campaign promises, to practically living outside the country , to the use of the Department of State Secret Service (DSS) to witch hunt and intimidate political foes ( Fayose and Ekiti Lawmakers), to his budget padding and inflation , it clearly shows that of a man that wasn't prepared to handle the pressure that comes with the number one political position in the most populous African nation .

President Buhari should rather look at important national issues like the near collapse of the Naira has it exchanges for 320-380 naira to one U.S Dollar which has led to a high inflation rate. Also unemployment is on a record high as massive retrenchment is the norm in the country while citizens of the country do not enjoy power supply more than five hours in 24 hours (one day) as power generation and distribution is on a record law.

President Buhari should rather concentrate on being the "Father of Nigerians" rather than his new found role of playing the role of " Contemporary Father of Secession Aspiring Nations".

Source

http://mailtelegraph..com.ng/?m=1
Re: President Buhari's Seeks To Become "Contemporary Father Of Secession Nations". by DaBullIT(m): 8:08am On Mar 12, 2016
wailer alert
Re: President Buhari's Seeks To Become "Contemporary Father Of Secession Nations". by luciomoggi(m): 8:14am On Mar 12, 2016
Never will I be a wailer. I support policies and programmes that will benefit mankind and Nigerians not supporting individuals . I have always criticised Jonathan and his corruption baggages even in my yesterday post.

I engage in constructive criticism. I don't have to follow a leader blindly simply because I like that individual.

Did I make a valid point or a baseless one. Your type is the reason we might never move forward in Africa, because you attach emotions and sentiments to national issues .

I refuse to be discouraged by people like you .

Have a splendid day though

(1) (Reply)

Why Does Nyesom Wike Like Instigating Violence Where Peace Can Reign? / Ex-gov Peter Obi To Reconcile P-square / Are Those Calling For Emefiele's Sack Palm Wine Drinkers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.