Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Alarming Situation Of Oke-ogun Polytechnic,shaki:. To What Can I Ascribe This? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Alarming Situation Of Oke-ogun Polytechnic,shaki:. To What Can I Ascribe This? (589 Views)

See The Situation Of A School Classrooms In Imo State (photos) / The Oke-ogun Polytechnic, Saki (tops) 2017/18 Nd & Hnd Admission / The Oke-ogun Polytechnic (saki) 2016/2017 Admission Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alarming Situation Of Oke-ogun Polytechnic,shaki:. To What Can I Ascribe This? by JimsonJaat001(m): 8:30am On Mar 12, 2016
I was forced to write this because we can't just fold our arms and watch these men behave like gods because we came to seek knowledge in their own lands. They are just ripping off our money without showing anything
tangible achievement since they've been granted autonomy. The only thing they could do is to just violate the right of student.
Here goes the list of some of their immoral, illiterate, illegal acts.
1. Each student paid and additional fee of #1500 (Internet access) #900 (5 days health insurance) last year. That's whooping sum of #2,400,000 per 1000 student (student population is over 5x according to the school website). This amount alone is to power the internet access of New York for 3 good months. Yet we are all denied access to this after paying that amount.
2. The rector and the school management bodies, directors behaved like clot poles the way they handled defaulters of tuition fee. No sane educated man will behave as they all did with this issue. They invited armed forces of the Nigerian army to harass defaulter.
Our soldiers stooped so low to honour the invitation of this educated illiterates. I'm not surprised this lead to a riot. That serves them right because there's nowhere in any constitution that support this acts. They are scholars but they didn't
behave like one.
3. The total tuition for the department that has the lowest population of student is the MATHEMATICS AND STATISTICS department. The total tuition fee of this department is #7,000,000/ 200 students. Withall this amount the school didn't provide educational materials to them. There was even a time a whole dean of a faculty asked students in one department like that to contribute #10 each to buy markers before he could teach them. So, where's the tuition fee? What are they using it for?
I urge the Oyo state government to take a critical look at this situation before it goes outta hand because they are running this institution with the mindset that they can behave anyhow in their own land.
Lastly, I will like to report a case. The local vigilantes with loaded guns are all around the school for reasons I don't know yet. Please help us to ask our governing body what they are using these men for before they start killing students.
Written by: A concerned student.
(Reference: Mayowa Oladele)
Re: Alarming Situation Of Oke-ogun Polytechnic,shaki:. To What Can I Ascribe This? by ramdris(m): 8:31am On Mar 12, 2016
Op pics na abi u forget d drill ni?

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between CNA And FCNA In Relation To Accountancy Field / Thread For 2016/2017 YABA TECH ASPIRANT / Number Of Students FUTO May Admit This Year; 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.