Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,659 members, 7,809,494 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

See What GTB Does To My Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See What GTB Does To My Account (3552 Views)

GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What GTB Does To My Account by pragmatistm(m): 8:32am On Mar 12, 2016
People, I need your insight and advice. I always receive these alerts as shown in the screenshot below on my GTB account. They tagged one "withholding tax" and the other "different customers". I dont understand these at all. Is this legal? Is it not a fraudulent way of taking customer's moner? What can be done to stop this?

I need more advice. They still continue to defuct this money. Mod lalasticlala help me oo.

Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by gabman700: 8:45am On Mar 12, 2016
Do you have a time deposit that is being rolled over. If yes that explains it otherwise, visit the bank.
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by pragmatistm(m): 9:17am On Mar 12, 2016
gabman700:
Do you have a time deposit that is being rolled over. If yes that explains it otherwise, visit the bank.
I don't have such. Nothing of such at all.
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by yomalex(m): 9:59am On Mar 12, 2016
Witholding Tax? Do you run contracts for GTB ? That charge for Transfers between customers can be classified as illegal cos you have already paid for the service+vat but I guess no one has challenged them on that. See CBN complaints guidelines http://tipsdome.com/how-to-report-your-bank-to-central-bank-of-nigeria/
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:32am On Mar 12, 2016
show the balance jor. grin
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by mayor2013: 2:36pm On Mar 12, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
show the balance jor. grin

Report back to your section wink
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
mayor2013:

Report back to your section wink

Yes sir sad

Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by futurenix(m): 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
The second is the sms charge (all the alerts you received with ur phone) from 6th Feb. to 7th March. It's called "GenS charge"That's one month. Each sms is about 4 naira or less so probably u received a total of 8 or more.
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by pragmatistm(m): 5:47pm On Mar 12, 2016
futurenix:
The second is the sms charge (all the alerts you received with ur phone) from 6th Feb. to 7th March. It's called "GenS charge"That's one month. Each sms is about 4 naira or less so probably u received a total of 8 or more.

No. All SMS received is not up to 8. I think there is a fraud taking place.
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by HazzanTazzan(m): 11:20pm On Mar 12, 2016
See this bros... just 40naira bah...?
They remove 200 to 300 naira from my account monthly without sending me alert when it is being removed or for what they removed it. I just notice that 200-300 naira has disappeared when I do my next transaction... The biggest scam goes on in gtb on all our accounts
GTB, e no go better for u ooo
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by Emmyk(m): 12:56am On Mar 13, 2016
HazzanTazzan:
They remove 200 to 300 naira from my account monthly without sending me alert when it is being removed or for what they removed it. I just notice that 200-300 naira has disappeared when I do my next transaction... The biggest scam goes on in gtb on all our accounts
Maybe you typed a wrong no while filling your form, means someone else gets the alert, how you make it 200-300 usually is still astounding. #Just saying cheesy
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by pragmatistm(m): 6:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
HazzanTazzan:
My own concern is to know if it's legal to deduct the monies. If it's not, they have to stop and refund all that has been deducted from my account over the years. I will take it up with them.
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by futurenix(m): 7:54am On Mar 14, 2016
pragmatistm:
No. All SMS received is not up to 8. I think there is a fraud taking place.

If your statement of account is usually sent to your mail box, please try and confirm the number of sms transacted.
Every sms that relates to your account be it debit, credits or balance notification alerts whether your the one that initiated or the bank ( probably end of month statement) counts.
Then confirm their charge per sms.
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by pragmatistm(m): 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2016
futurenix:

If your statement of account is usually sent to your mail box, please try and confirm the number of sms transacted.
Every sms that relates to your account be it debit, credits or balance notification alerts whether your the one that initiated or the bank ( probably end of month statement) counts.
Then confirm their charge per sms.
I will do and revert to let you people know the outcome.
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by pragmatistm(m): 7:01am On Apr 06, 2016
Unfortunately, I can't find my username and password to their website again and the bank if far from where I live. I will wait till I have time to travel and meet them.

lalasticlala I need further advice from front page.
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by tfcinvests: 3:59pm On Apr 06, 2016
I thought i was the only one,for the past 3years GTB has been deducting per money paid into my account,the minimum of 50naira almost per deposit.I have been withdrawing immediately funds comes in and move it into another place but i've decided to part ways with them,They deducted 5,000naira a single time i deposited some money like that...it happens over and over...wake up to the resurrected banking fraud.
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by pragmatistm(m): 2:35am On Apr 07, 2016
tfcinvests:
I thought i was the only one,for the past 3years GTB has been deducting per money paid into my account,the minimum of 50naira almost per deposit.I have been withdrawing immediately funds comes in and move it into another place but i've decided to part ways with them, They deducted 5,000naira a single time i deposited some money like that... it happens over and over...wake up to the resurrected banking fraud.
Are you serious about the bolded part?
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by pragmatistm(m): 6:35am On May 07, 2016
People, I visited a nearby GTB bank to complain about the charges and was told that the withholding tax was the 10% tax on the interest produced. Now my question is this: is it legal to charge that tax on the interest produced? Does the CBN approve of that charge? I need your insight before I know what to do. Thanks.
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by pragmatistm(m): 6:34am On May 17, 2016
pragmatistm:
People, I visited a nearby GTB bank to complain about the charges and was told that the withholding tax was the 10% tax on the interest produced. Now my question is this: is it legal to charge that tax on the interest produced? Does the CBN approve of that charge? I need your insight before I know what to do. Thanks.
Let someone who knows enlighten me on this question.
Re: See What GTB Does To My Account by pragmatistm(m): 7:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
I sent a complaint email to GTB on the issues today. My email was later acknowledged by a reply. Waiting for the main reply.

(1) (Reply)

Small Business Accountant / Hallmark Bank Is Back As Ecobank / What Is Wrong With Starting Big?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.