Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

What Is Nature Exactly? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Nature Exactly? (29465 Views)

Where Exactly Is Garden Of Eden??? / How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. / What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by PastorAIO: 3:55pm On Apr 25, 2016
DeepSight:

Sorry I have no clue what this senseless ramble is about.
In the day that you define your perspectives, instead of chasing your tail, we might have a conversation.

That's okay, I'm in a patient mood today. I break it down for you slowly.

Words in language all have definitions. Agreed?

The word 'design' has a definition and a meaning. do you understand this?

If one says the world is designed, then it's okay (at first) to presume that they mean something distinctive?

It should not be difficult therefore to contrast it with something undesigned whether or not such a thing exists or not? Could this make sense to you?

I will not go into 'nature' etc as before because I don't want to confuse you. Please try and digest the above first. Please don't start ruminating on what you Know I'm trying to say, but just focus on what I've actually said. Okay?
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by DeepSight(m): 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
U may remember the thread "Pastor AIO come teach us the truth". . . I cant shout. I have tried enough to ask you to be clear. Even a wrong view is better than no view. What you evince, is no view. That is the summary of you. Enjoy it.
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by DeepSight(m): 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2016
PastorAIO:

It should not be difficult therefore to contrast it with something undesigned whether or not such a thing exists or not?

There is no such thing as a thing that does not exist.
Get it now? ? ?
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by PastorAIO: 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2016
DeepSight:

There is no such thing as a thing that does not exist.
Get it now? ? ?

A unicorn doesn't exist. I could go on at length about the Unicorn.

Most Gods do not exist, this can be agreed upon by atheists and most religious people. Yet volumes have been written about these non existent beings.

Being nonexistent does not exempt you from having characteristics.

If you tell me that there is a god up in the sky that is very jealous and if one should vex him he will strike the person down with a lightning bolt, you have just described a character. We can't say anything about whether he exists or not, but we know what his characteristics are.

We can now test whether he exists by doing a lot of things that we know vex him. Perhaps we might sacrifice a pig to him on his alter because we've heard that he hates pigs.
If there is no lightning bolt after the sacrifice we can say that he doesn't exist.

If there is a lightning bolt then we can say that there is a good chance he exists.

Undesigned things don't have to exist before we can define what we mean by Undesigned!!

Geddit now?
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by DeepSight(m): 4:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
^^^ Someone else must have hacked into your account.
For the man who says we can not know anything, authoritativey asserts that unicorns do not exist.

Well, at least your omniscience is obvious.

Good day.
Re: What Is Nature Exactly? by PastorAIO: 5:03pm On Apr 25, 2016
DeepSight:

^^^ Someone else must have hacked into your account.
For the man who says we can not know anything, authoritativey asserts that unicorns do not exist.

Well, at least your omniscience is obvious.

Good day.

A ha! A change of approach, going off topic to try and attack with material from another thread.

Actually, yet again, as can be expected, you have told me what I was trying to say rather than what I actually said.

I'll restate what I actually said:

My consciousness is the only thing that I can say I Know with absolute certainly.

I never said that 'we cannot know anything'. That was just what you know that I was 'trying' to say.

All other knowledge we know with varying degrees of certainty but not with absolute certainty.

Perhaps you'd like to entertain us by casting doubts on the nonexistence of unicorns.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Did TB Joshua Prophesy Bristow Crash Last Sunday? / Which Gospel Song Takes You Into The Spiritual Realm? / Masquerade Pictured At Reverend Father's Ordination In Imo As Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.