Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom (11166 Views)

Thugs Rob NLC Officials In Ogun In Police Presence, Nigerians React(pics / Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos / Thugs Fight In Front Of PDP Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by olillywales(m): 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
The Resident Electoral Commissioner in Akwa Ibom, Mr Gabriel Ada, has alleged that suspected thugs snatched result sheet from an electoral officer in Saturday’s state assembly poll in the state.

Ada told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ibesikpo while monitoring the election that the incident took place in one of the polling units in Obot Akara.

According to him, suspected thugs in Obot Akara beat up an electoral officer and took away the result sheet for the polling unit.

“We are still having pockets of violence in one or two places in Obot Akara but I think the security presence is good enough.

“In one of my polling units in Obot Akara, a staff was beaten and the result sheet was collected,’’ Ada said.

He disclosed that security personnel were adequately deployed for the re-run election and that their presence had accounted for relative peace during the exercise.

“Before this time, we had a lot of interactive meetings with political stakeholders, where they all resolved that the election will be peaceful,’’ he said.

Ada restated the commission’s commitment to free, fair and credible re-run, adding that most polling centres received voting materials quite early.

He said that he had not received any report of malfunctioning of the card reader, adding that he was impressed with the turnout of voters for the exercise.

“The card reader is function well and the verification of the PVCs, which it is doing, is very important to us.

“Once a voter is verified, we also cross check to ensure that your name is in the voters’ register and after that, you are given your ballot papers to cast your vote,’’ he said.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/thugs-beat-poll-official-snatch-result.html

Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by Amplitron: 4:42pm On Mar 12, 2016
Considering where we are coming from it is not so bad if it is just one or two units as said.
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
Vote and not violence.

2 Likes

Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by Bsc(m): 4:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
This is the only time politicians see the need for Bad Boys... Use them , win and dump them...#wish the youths can understand Nigerian politics!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by ruphytelecom(m): 4:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
Another do or die affair

1 Like

Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by Dongreat(m): 4:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
Two ways i will can carry out Nigeria politician assignment is
1) The sons and daugthers of the politician follow me to complete the assignment, and
2) 99.9% of the politician wealth is transferred and willed to me.

Mumu Hungry Thugs

1 Like

Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by Carter29: 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
Wow....so sad
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by petemancini: 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
Evil men
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by tahir01(m): 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
Okay. o
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by favistar(m): 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.... undecided
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by MadCow1: 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
Chai
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by ugosonics: 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
Ok
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by greatiyk4u(m): 4:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
I blame supreme court for this action. At the end the highest rigger wins

3 Likes

Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by 0955eb027(m): 4:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
only in nigeria
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by famo19: 4:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
no common sense ... nija sha God help us
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by perfectcato(m): 4:46pm On Mar 12, 2016
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by kushma(m): 4:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
APC at work as usual.

3 Likes

Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by funnynation(m): 4:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
This is d main reason y i rejected the post of Senate president last time.. I hate politics..

Nairaland official comedian
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by phemybof(m): 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2016
Do or die election since 1999
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by petesklinz: 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2016
Politics... Mhmm... A risky venture
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2016
Change has come... Indeed
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by amtaken(f): 4:56pm On Mar 12, 2016
APC stop!

You can never win any election in AKS.

1 Like

Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by goshen26: 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
That remind me of Idu village of orhionmwon LGA or edo state, in the 2015 general election. Then as a corps member, I was threatened on both elections, I did not submit result on both elections..... My report on that day is still coming soon....some politicians are something else in the zeal to attain power.
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by caphone: 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
I don't know why these things happen everyday when there's election. What are the security agents doing there?
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by banme1(m): 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
Non of my business
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by dominique(f): 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2016
petemancini:
Evil men

How about you that is duping people with numerous handles, are you not evil yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 12, 2016
when will nigeria move forward ? when are we going to be civilized ?

1 Like

Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by ironMind: 4:59pm On Mar 12, 2016
who is to blame now for this. thug gather brush person to steal results for their oga. later all the thug, she complain that the price of fuel is go high
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by saintsylve(m): 5:05pm On Mar 12, 2016
May God help us in this country. Until the youth understands that they also have the capacity to govern or be appointed to an office things like this will continue because they feel that is the only way they can get direct benefit from politicians.
We all have the head, can think. If you have such energy to fight and cause mayhem, then channel it to developing yourself so you can be a good candidate on the long run premise.

May God help every youth of this nation to reason beyond conflict, war, stealing moral decadence and embrace peace and self discipline.
Re: Thugs Beat Poll Official In Akwa-Ibom by thefakestan: 5:05pm On Mar 12, 2016
Royal Ramble!

ThefakeStan

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayose Condemns Call For The Postponement Of Edo Governorship Election / Blackouts, Violence And Now Recession: Nigeria’s Troubles Mount - Bloomberg / Polls: Katsina’ll Deliver 2.8m Votes To Buhari, Masari – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.