Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Who Farms On The Islands At The Center Of River Niger Btw Anambra & Delta States - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Who Farms On The Islands At The Center Of River Niger Btw Anambra & Delta States (1406 Views)

Edo Merges Two Colleges Of Agriculture, In Talks With Leventis Farms On Land / I Need A Genuine Partner To Supply Benue Yam To Some Niger Delta States / Anambra,delta Or Edo State Processors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Farms On The Islands At The Center Of River Niger Btw Anambra & Delta States by RareDiamond: 4:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
I noticed that people cultivate crops on the numerous islands on the river niger in between Anambra and Delta States. Recently, i also noticed that there are Igbo speaking settlements on these islands as one moves towards Anam on one side and Atani Osomari at the other hand. This made me to ponder and I know many people have been pondering also on who are those who farm or settled on these islands and which state they came from. Anybody in the know should kindly enlighten.
Re: Who Farms On The Islands At The Center Of River Niger Btw Anambra & Delta States by EasternActivist: 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
It should be ijaw people..

I hear say dem no get land.

2 Likes

Re: Who Farms On The Islands At The Center Of River Niger Btw Anambra & Delta States by donpope1(m): 4:57pm On Mar 12, 2016
I think is Anam people, when I was a kid I dreamt of buying and building a castle on one of those Island grin grin
Re: Who Farms On The Islands At The Center Of River Niger Btw Anambra & Delta States by matrixme(m): 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
That space is such a waste of prime real estate. If truly that middle portion of land we all see when we cross the River Niger to Onitsha does not flood all year round, then it should be made a five star off-grid resort with all enjoyable amenities to think of. Not a farm!
Re: Who Farms On The Islands At The Center Of River Niger Btw Anambra & Delta States by RareDiamond: 5:07pm On Mar 12, 2016
IT IS NOT IJAW !!! I know the owners are either Igbos of Anambra or Igbos of Delta State but i cannot tell which exactly.

EasternActivist:

Re: Who Farms On The Islands At The Center Of River Niger Btw Anambra & Delta States by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2016
I foresee a landgrabbing taking place soon.
Re: Who Farms On The Islands At The Center Of River Niger Btw Anambra & Delta States by JahJaa(m): 5:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
Belongs to all. No mad man can say his father left it for him. Wish i get a land like that grin na to build a palace and name my self king of the island grin

1 Like

Re: Who Farms On The Islands At The Center Of River Niger Btw Anambra & Delta States by JahJaa(m): 5:14pm On Mar 12, 2016
bloodyBLOGGER:
I foresee a landgrabbing taking place soon.
swear u dont wish to own the land grin
Re: Who Farms On The Islands At The Center Of River Niger Btw Anambra & Delta States by Mack3N: 5:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
EasternActivist:

Chai,you wicked o...so mean say dem barcanista people be like fish grin
Re: Who Farms On The Islands At The Center Of River Niger Btw Anambra & Delta States by Fmartin(m): 5:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
Na mammy water

1 Like

Re: Who Farms On The Islands At The Center Of River Niger Btw Anambra & Delta States by EasternActivist: 5:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
Mack3N:

Chai,you wicked o...so mean say dem barcanista people be like fish grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na joke o
Re: Who Farms On The Islands At The Center Of River Niger Btw Anambra & Delta States by RareDiamond: 8:52pm On Mar 12, 2016
cheesy

EasternActivist:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na joke o

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Agripreneurship Programme (L.A.P) / Buy Your Farm Land At Oshele Abeokuta / Poultry Pen For Rent/lease In Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.