Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,298 members, 7,822,484 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

How Did You Improve Your English? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Did You Improve Your English? (620 Views)

Test Your English Proficiency Here (picture) / Test Your English Proficiency Here / How To Improve Your English Speaking(check It Out). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Improve Your English? by smartesboys(m): 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2016
I would love you to tell us how did you improve your english, especially speaking plus writing abilities. You can also write down your favorite books, websites, and anything so we are going to go throught them. your comment is really appreciated.
Re: How Did You Improve Your English? by lordizak(m): 6:50pm On Mar 12, 2016
Read books by men of intellect in this country e.g Prof Soyinka, Prof Jerry Gana, all PMB's ministers, follow US presidential race, Watch CNN and lots of foreign movies. Only watch Nigeria movies when Jim Iyke, Pete Edochie, Ramsey Noah, Joke Silva, Choima Chukwuka, & Sam Loco Efe and Pete Eneh. This names in Nigeria movies are the notable once, and of course Rita Dominic and that former Jim Iyke's Babe. Tonto, genie, omotala and ini, only adds beauty to the screen.
Prof Jerry Gana, once said; " I am a reservoir of knowledge".
Watch smallville, originals and other selections, you will be thrilled how this guys use the language. and most of all play puzzles and take quizzes online.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Improve Your English? by osesology(m): 7:03pm On Mar 12, 2016
Read intelligent books and novels by intelligent people. Listen to news both on radio and t.v.

And also try reading aloud sometimes cos that was how I became very good at speaking in good english, right from my prim sch days.

Once again, read books, books, books...and more books!

1 Like

Re: How Did You Improve Your English? by Slimzjoe(m): 7:20pm On Mar 12, 2016
Quit Nollywood, Watch English Movies not American so you Would improve your Pronunciation and Quit that Attitude of English is a Borrowed Language so no be By Force to Speak am undecided
Re: How Did You Improve Your English? by faray: 7:30pm On Mar 12, 2016

1 Like

Re: How Did You Improve Your English? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 12, 2016
One man's honey is another man's hemlock, Here's how I improved myself but might not be effective for you.
I was and still listen to US underground hiphop not the commercial type of thrash such as lil wayne, future, drake and the rest of those wack rappers, I listen to intelligent rappers from the underground, rappers such as Logic, Hopsin, Dizzy Wright, Talib kweli, Immortal Technique, Kxng crooked, Canibus etc these set off rappers share knowledge using poetry and how to articulate words in its perfect context using your cerebrum cortex.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: White Students Are Students Of Yoruba Language At University Of Wisconsin / . / Shocking! Delta School Where Principal, 2 Other Teachers Teach JSS 1 To SSS 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.