Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,509 members, 7,826,935 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Why Indomie Is The Best Thing Since Agege Bread - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Why Indomie Is The Best Thing Since Agege Bread (1356 Views)

Opinion: Strong Reason Why I Indomie Is Unsafe For Consumption / Twitter User Has Quit Buying Indomie Because Of Omojuwa / Photos: Nigerians Ask For Bellefull, Indomie Responds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Indomie Is The Best Thing Since Agege Bread by stanodi: 6:34pm On Mar 12, 2016
From bachelors, students in tertiary institutions to children, Nigerians have been luxuriating on Indomie for close to two decades now. Many will call it a junk food with no nutritional benefit because it’s high in carbohydrates and fat, but low other essential nutrients departments. Yet it has been a staple in many Nigerian homes.

So why can’t Nigerians get enough of Indomie

1. Children just seem to love indomie. Kids of nowadays kai! They have got no chill, no fear even if the noodles look like worms.
2. It’s fast and easy to prepare; you hardly need a Ph.D. in cookery to prepare a bowl of indomie. For a bachelor living and working in Lagos, Indomie is a life saver especially when you consider the stress of cooking when you get home from work. Call me lazy.
3. It’s probably the only food prepared by Abokis that people are comfortable eating on the road side. Remember my service year, how we used to swoon to the Mai Shai joint to take tea with a bowl of indomie.
4. When supported with egg and other enrichments, indomie isn’t so bad.
5. Wide distribution network. Indomie is sold everywhere in Nigeria, from large retail outlets like ShopRite to your neighbourhood kiosks.

So wetin concern me? Learning for life and business

1. Start appealing to the Indomie generation. We want it quick, now, and not later. So make it easy for us to get your products and services and we will reward you with repeat purchases because well, we are lazy!

2. Keep making regularly updates and tell us when you do. When you give us a hungry man’s size, we are sure to get hungrier, so prepare to give us a hungrier man’s size. Even big phone companies like iPhone and Samsung are constantly releasing newer models of their flagship phones albeit slight improvements on legacy versions. And one thing is certain; we will buy!

3. Tell us different ways to use your products or services even though you know we are sure to invent ours. After all, we have found other uses for Cough syrups apart from the uses called out by the manufacturers. Indomie have ran various campaigns in the past on different ways to make indomie. So you do yours, use social media, we are waiting for you.

4. “Bam bam la la” or “mama do good2”? You choose, but know your target market segment and aggressive create campaigns to appeal to them.

So I hope that with these few points of mine, I have been able to convince and maybe confuse you on why indomie is the best thing since Agege bread.

A word of caution though, when I use the term indomie I refer to all the myriad of noodles sold and consumed in Nigeria, in the same vein Nigerians call any powder detergent ‘Omo’.

Honourable mention, Jumoke of Agege bread fame. Madam you somehow inspired this post. Please don’t ask me the correlation.

Adios.

http://lightednation.com/2016/03/indomie-best-thing-since-agege-bread/
Re: Why Indomie Is The Best Thing Since Agege Bread by Tkini(f): 3:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
indomie is always a life saver............but I prefer spaghetti to indomie,I get fed up or indomie but I can never get fed up of spaghetti.

(1) (Reply)

The History Of Warri's Famous Starch & Owo Soup / 9 Foods You Should Keep Out Of The Refrigerator / Please I Need Help On How To Prepare Zobo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.