Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

My Dream Is To Win An Oscar, D’banj reveals - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / My Dream Is To Win An Oscar, D’banj reveals (605 Views)

Patapaa Angrily Leaves VGMA After Failing To Win An Award / Davido Fires Back At Fan Who Said He Can Never Win An International Award / ‘how My Brother’s Death Led Me To Music’ – D’banj Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dream Is To Win An Oscar, D’banj reveals by doughziay: 7:03pm On Mar 12, 2016
Dbanj recently spoke to CNN about his life and times at the top of African music. He revealed that his major dream right now is to win an Oscar.

D’banj was born into a military family in Kaduna State, northwest Nigeria. Seldom in one place, he moved around from one barrack to the next, idolizing the soldier’s life he saw around him.

A singer, harmonica-player, businessman and philanthropist, the 35-year-old is best known for his infectious 2012 hit “Oliver Twist” — the award-winning video for the which featured cameos from Kanye West and Big Sean and has been viewed 37 million times on YouTube.

“I grew up living in every part of Nigeria,” he explains, “loving the military… I wanted to be a superhero, I’m telling you, the first black superhero.

“Now I’m still doing the same thing. Instead of carrying the gun to save the world, I carry a microphone.”

Dbanj originally wanted to follow in the footsteps of his father and enroll in military school, but the tragic loss of his elder brother “changed my perspective,” he says.

“He was going to be a pilot,” D’banj recalls, the irony not lost on him that it was a plane crash that killed his brother.

“I’m going for [an] Oscar!” he explains. The speech is already in place, and — he hopes — coming to a TV screen near you one day.

“I love you all, I love you all… I want to thank my mother, I want to thank my father, and my granny… I want to tell my mother, I want to tell my father, I want to tell you, all of Africa… I want to thank you for having my back! Thank you all!”

http://crystalgbedu.com/2016/03/12/my-dream-is-to-win-an-oscar-dbanj-reveals-2/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Re: My Dream Is To Win An Oscar, D’banj reveals by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 12, 2016
Egbon Dbanj wake up its 7:04 pm already

1 Like

Re: My Dream Is To Win An Oscar, D’banj reveals by missKiffy(f): 7:05pm On Mar 12, 2016
Oscar bawo embarassed is he an actor
Re: My Dream Is To Win An Oscar, D’banj reveals by fulfillbill(m): 7:11pm On Mar 12, 2016
Him dreams wear dark eye glass, someone tell him to take it off.
Re: My Dream Is To Win An Oscar, D’banj reveals by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
Dey dia dey deceive urself
Re: My Dream Is To Win An Oscar, D’banj reveals by nedu2000(m): 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2016
He must've mixed up the grammys with the oscars,many make the same mistake
Re: My Dream Is To Win An Oscar, D’banj reveals by opeyemiieblog(m): 7:31pm On Mar 12, 2016
Oscar ke.... bangalee stop dreaming
Re: My Dream Is To Win An Oscar, D’banj reveals by talktonase(m): 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2016
him think say Oscar nah by shouting kokolet mamlet,bangalee onset abi nah the SK wey him smoke?
Re: My Dream Is To Win An Oscar, D’banj reveals by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 12, 2016
Of course its every black man's dream to be honoured by the white man grintongue

Lalasticlala come and help Dbanj actualise his dream.

1 Like

Re: My Dream Is To Win An Oscar, D’banj reveals by AyamConfidence(m): 7:37pm On Mar 12, 2016
No oo its Willian you will win or maybe Fabregas...Oscar ko...goes in search of D'banj's weed supplier...i must obtain that specie today
Re: My Dream Is To Win An Oscar, D’banj reveals by nepapole(m): 7:45pm On Mar 12, 2016
Oscar kor....Hazard niiii....
Re: My Dream Is To Win An Oscar, D’banj reveals by LesbianBoy(m): 7:51pm On Mar 12, 2016
Oscar ko! Diego Costa ni lipsrsealed
Re: My Dream Is To Win An Oscar, D’banj reveals by pretydiva(f): 8:36pm On Mar 12, 2016
With dis ur type of music undecided...keep wishing n dreaming
Re: My Dream Is To Win An Oscar, D’banj reveals by UnknownT: 8:54pm On Mar 12, 2016
We still dey wait for the Grammy 9ice promise us say he go win

(1) (Reply)

Paul Of P-square Weeps / Yemi Alade Releases Official Video Of "Kissing Remix" Ft Jeff / Rate Me And My Celebrity Crush.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.