Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. (46844 Views)

10 Best Phones Under 50000 Naira In Nigeria (latest Price In January 2018) / Checkout Best Phones Under 40,000 Naira In August 2017 / 11 Best Phones For Hardcore Gaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by Intendy: 6:53am On Mar 14, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

You still don't know the band and frequency Ntel will be using.

e.g Smile uses 800/20 for their 4G LTE
Spectrnet and Swift also have dedicated bands and frequency.

Those bands and frequency will determine the types of devices that will work on their network.

band 3
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by theEYe21(f): 7:00am On Mar 14, 2016
Na awoof be dis oh! Make I go get my Intel now before its starts getting overcrowded or before e go change.
benigneOne:
After several years of complaining and suffering rip-off, a service provider that will be a saviour to Nigerians is here.

Ntel not only promises to offer internet services with the speed of light, they are also offering it at almost no cost (The best part).

Ntel (formally known as nitel), sim cards are available, we can finally compile a list of phones that will best suit the 4G feature Ntel is offering .

Below are 10 phones & (their prices) I think would be totally amazing;

-TECNO Phantom 5

-Samsung Galaxy A5

-HTC one m9

-TECNO camon c5

-Huawei Honour 7i

-Sony Xperia Z1

-Lenovo A8

-ZTE nubia Z9 mini

-HTC One M8

-Infinix zero 2

Please feel free to add yours and comment on the ones above, also which would you prefer ?

I’ll gladly pick the Camon C5 as I don’t really like big phones.

Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by gentlesoul196: 8:47am On Mar 14, 2016
Blackberry z30
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 14, 2016
diegwu01:

ll the phones listed there re below 25k
You wouldnt see the likes of Samsung Galaxy S6 edge Multi Core Plus or Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Trios in that grade
Is HTC one m8 below 25k..and is Z1 below that too?
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 14, 2016
swagifted:
its not just a wireless connection , ntel has plans for wired broadband connections...broadband cut costs and increases reliability , costs and reliability has bin nigeria's internet problems. In advanced countries , they still use cables to surf, naija wey never reach anything just dumped all d cables as obasanjo crashed NITEL, I hope dis ntel fix dis, na online gaming get me like dis.

Of course I kniow wired broadband is cheaper, faster and more reliable than wireless. The only disadvantage is u can only use it at home or office, u still need wireless for when u are on the go. We really need wired internet in this country, some companies are already doing it like arcelor, just their service is not fast enough, hoping Ntel fix that.

In advanced countries people don't rely only on wireless connections like we expect in Nigeria. Wireless connections are expensive and capped, there is a need for every home to have a fixed wired internet for the heavy downloads and streaming while the mobile is for when u need internet on the go.

1 Like

Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by Fantastic2m(m): 10:41am On Mar 14, 2016
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by SUCCESSCHINEX(m): 12:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
If you think it's funny, just check Samsung R220.
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by jairusben(m): 1:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
benigneOne:
After several years of complaining and suffering rip-off, a service provider that will be a saviour to Nigerians is here.

Ntel not only promises to offer internet services with the speed of light, they are also offering it at almost no cost (The best part).

Ntel (formally known as nitel), sim cards are available, we can finally compile a list of phones that will best suit the 4G feature Ntel is offering .

-TECNO Phantom 5

-Samsung Galaxy A5

-HTC one m9

-TECNO camon c5

-Huawei Honour 7i

-Sony Xperia Z1

-Lenovo A8

-ZTE nubia Z9 mini

-HTC One M8

-Infinix zero 2

Please feel free to add yours and comment on the ones above, also which would you prefer ?

bbz10 q10 z30 dey all support LTE
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by BenKafor(m): 5:12pm On Mar 14, 2016
Sony Xperia was my first love mehn. But I gotta stick with phantom 5 coz it's more affordable
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by BenKafor(m): 6:23pm On Mar 14, 2016
Rilwayne001:

How about tecno c8

I was about to ask the same
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by BenKafor(m): 6:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
benigneOne:

-TECNO Phantom 5

-Samsung Galaxy A5

-HTC one m9

-TECNO camon c5

-Huawei Honour 7i

-Sony Xperia Z1

-Lenovo A8

-ZTE nubia Z9 mini

-HTC One M8

-Infinix zero 2

I love big phones, the bigger the better so the C8 is awesome
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by Orator2383: 9:15pm On Mar 14, 2016
I like it simple . I will pick the camon c5
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by adewasco2k(m): 11:34pm On Mar 16, 2016
I just hope they start and stand out.

we need not just a cheap fast internet but also a reliable one

How To Reserve Your Number On The New NTEL Network
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by PaulWillbliz(m): 6:39am On Mar 18, 2016
deolu2000:

say the truth, to back up with your studies or to download games, surf the net and snap pics? Be sincere to yourself, thats my advise.
all together
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by PaulWillbliz(m): 6:46am On Mar 18, 2016
benigneOne:

TECNO camon c5, that's what i use
but, i observed the camon 5 is some kinda girlish mobile, i actually use infinix, but the phone just developed one problem like that,so i just need a new mobile phone asap at cheaper rate (not more than 20k), you grab.
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by ddjay: 7:48am On Mar 18, 2016
benigneOne:

-TECNO Phantom 5

-Samsung Galaxy A5

-HTC one m9

-TECNO camon c5

-Huawei Honour 7i

-Sony Xperia Z1

-Lenovo A8

-ZTE nubia Z9 mini

-HTC One M8

-Infinix zero 2

And on behalf of the ELITE/FEW, BIG POCKETS,BENJAMINS and finally THE HIGH END MOBILE USERS OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, i include the SONY FLAGSHIP; SONY XPERIA Z5 PREMIUM,my colleagues in Iphone,Samsung, Htc....please add the flagships lets outshine the "no get money group (tecno infinix etc)
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by deolu2000(m): 8:50am On Mar 18, 2016
PaulWillbliz:
all together
ok... All the best but studies first and make other things secondary.
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by benigneOne(f): 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2016
ddjay:

And on behalf of the ELITE/FEW, BIG POCKETS,BENJAMINS and finally THE HIGH END MOBILE USERS OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, i include the SONY FLAGSHIP; SONY XPERIA Z5 PREMIUM,my colleagues in Iphone,Samsung, Htc....please add the flagships lets outshine the "no get money group (tecno infinix etc)

WHER4E IS THE SENSE IN THIS POST ? PLEASE FELLOW NLANDERS HELP M,E SEARCH
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by Maximum83: 11:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
benigneOne:

WHER4E IS THE SENSE IN THIS POST ? PLEASE FELLOW NLANDERS HELP M,E SEARCH
I wonder oo
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by OCTAVO: 11:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
greenhulk:

First of all, tecno Camon c5 and infinix zero 2 do not support 4g LTE so the highest speed u can get is HSDPA.

Secondly, I think we ar over hyping this NTEL. This is not the first time a company will promise something and fail woefully. Even spectranet claim they have 4g LTE but their network is not better than 3g. 4g LTE is not child's play, don't get me wrong, I sure want it but we should wait and see what they have. MTN claim they have 4g, I even get 4g on my phone with mtn sim but the speed is not better than my etisalat with HSDPA. LTE on the other hand is way faster than 3.5g or the fake 4g they serve us with here. One thing is certain, if NTEL are going to serve us with true 4g LTE, then don't expect it to be as cheap as u think. We are talking wireless network here. The only thing that can make it really cheap is if the government subsidies it. Again we all know whatever the government subsidies don't go well, them never even fit give us petrol and electric na internet dem want give us. It is good to let people know so we all won't start screaming RIP OFF when they start operation. Or they serve us with some shitty network at cheap price.

Even t mobile charge $35 a month for 6gb on their 4g LTE. That is N10,500 at N300 exchange rate. Even if NTEL decide to mellow, I don't think they will go lower than 8k for 6gb with the fact that they will have to run on generator 24/7. It is either that or they give us the same shitty internet we are already used to.
I like your sensible analysis.
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by ibibiofirstlady(f): 12:07am On Mar 19, 2016
Lovely Analysis hun
greenhulk:

First of all, tecno Camon c5 and infinix zero 2 do not support 4g LTE so the highest speed u can get is HSDPA.

Secondly, I think we ar over hyping this NTEL. This is not the first time a company will promise something and fail woefully. Even spectranet claim they have 4g LTE but their network is not better than 3g. 4g LTE is not child's play, don't get me wrong, I sure want it but we should wait and see what they have. MTN claim they have 4g, I even get 4g on my phone with mtn sim but the speed is not better than my etisalat with HSDPA. LTE on the other hand is way faster than 3.5g or the fake 4g they serve us with here. One thing is certain, if NTEL are going to serve us with true 4g LTE, then don't expect it to be as cheap as u think. We are talking wireless network here. The only thing that can make it really cheap is if the government subsidies it. Again we all know whatever the government subsidies don't go well, them never even fit give us petrol and electric na internet dem want give us. It is good to let people know so we all won't start screaming RIP OFF when they start operation. Or they serve us with some shitty network at cheap price.

Even t mobile charge $35 a month for 6gb on their 4g LTE. That is N10,500 at N300 exchange rate. Even if NTEL decide to mellow, I don't think they will go lower than 8k for 6gb with the fact that they will have to run on generator 24/7. It is either that or they give us the same shitty internet we are already used to.
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:09am On Mar 19, 2016
these guys... Why is no one talking of the old time BB?
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by Adesiji77: 6:26am On Mar 19, 2016
@MissTechy

What do you have to say on the topic? It's been a while smiley
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by PaulWillbliz(m): 8:30am On Mar 19, 2016
deolu2000:

ok... All the best but studies first and make other things secondary.
i get bro, but i haven't seen any suggestions yet.. ...
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by deolu2000(m): 12:52pm On Mar 19, 2016
PaulWillbliz:
i get bro, but i haven't seen any suggestions yet.. ...
unfurtunately am not an adroid fan, why not check out jumia and konga web pages. My suggestions anyway.

1 Like

Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by showlaw: 2:04am On Mar 24, 2016
Yeah, real cool.
Mutuwa:
HTC m8 and 9 cool..
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by showlaw: 2:04am On Mar 24, 2016
why K?
funnynation:
k
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by showlaw: 2:06am On Mar 24, 2016
Hmm Xiaomi... Can you tell me why you chose that brand?
Kondomatic:
Xiaomi Redmi 2.

Xiaomi Note 3

Xiaomi Mi 5
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by showlaw: 2:07am On Mar 24, 2016
Good choices, I'll really love to own those too
Orator2383:
But is infinix zero 2 4G enabled. I like the HTC m9 and the phantom 5
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by showlaw: 2:08am On Mar 24, 2016
You're right bro. wink
Oluwaseunsodiq:
Gionee m3mini should be added to the list. Basically any phone that supports Band3 1800mhz 4g spectrum is good to go.
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by showlaw: 2:08am On Mar 24, 2016
Gionee.... hmmm
barackodam:
Gionee m3mini.

Supports 4g too
Re: Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. by showlaw: 2:09am On Mar 24, 2016
Real good choices... I love me a Phantom 5
daphid25:
I'd pick Galaxy A5 nd Phantom 5 undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

More Discomfort For Nigerians As NIMC Issues Fresh Directive / Best Blackberry Data Plan In Nigeria: Which Network? / How To Correctly Unlock Your Spectranet Mifi Device (huawei E5573s-606)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.