Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase (20609 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Soldiers In Agatu, Benue State / Fulani-Herdsmen Shoot At David Mark In Agatu / Police IG, Arase, Moves To Remove Lamorde As EFCC Chairman - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by dahaz(m): 10:12pm On Mar 12, 2016
The Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase has said that the number of people said to have been killed during the recent clash between the Agatu people of Benue State and their Fulani counterparts was over exaggerated.
It was reported recently that over 300 people, including children and pregnant women were killed by the Fulani herdsmen and 7,000 others were said to have been displaced.
The Fulani herdsmen claimed the battle was said to have started after 10,000 heads of cattle belonging to the Fulanis were reportedly killed.
Addressing Stakeholders during a visit to Minna, the Niger state capital, the Mr. Arase said “I was around, I travelled to Makurdi, I did not see where 300 people were buried.”
“If you kill, you don’t just bury; you must take the corpse to the Police station before you bury, we don’t have that number of people”. He however did not give the official casualty figure.
Arase said the Police High command had completed arrangements to check the incidence of cattle rustling around the country, adding that the Police would next week start what he called
‘Metro patrol’ designed to arrest cattle rustlers.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/12/i-was-in-agatu-but-did-not-see-where-300-people-were-buried-ig-arase-faults-casualty-figure/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Sunnymatey(m): 10:17pm On Mar 12, 2016
Must 300 people die first before you rise to the ocasion? Bunch of hypocrates.

130 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by ckmayoca: 10:40pm On Mar 12, 2016
Can't wait to see the end of this guy forming eye service.
You will eventually be dropped.
All corpses littering the bushes will be taken to police station.
Even if they r 3 deadbody, they r nigerians.

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by VICTORCIZA(m): 10:40pm On Mar 12, 2016
If this rubbish he said doesn't tell you that the police is in Hausa/Fulani pocket then I don't know what will

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 12, 2016
I hope he has not join the like of lai mohammad and co in propagating lies.
But something must be done to stop this menace, Benue state has becomes their place of destruction of life and properties

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by successmatters(m): 10:53pm On Mar 12, 2016
Did you even see Fulani headsmen at all or you just went there to prove Agatu ppl are liars?

And they ones you saw, how many Fulanis did you arrest for their deaths?

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Vado(m): 11:21pm On Mar 12, 2016
Wait a minute. They are planning to check cattle rusting but not the murderous herders? These people are jokers. What a foolish statement from an IG.

76 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Bekwarra(m): 11:37pm On Mar 12, 2016
Total rubbish. This IGP is a foolish man. No wonder he was waiting for orders from Sanusi before he could rescue Ese Oruru.

Meanwhile.....

I don't know why wailers are wailing but Wailers must wail sha. No matter how much you
wail, Buhari is our god, he's above mistake, he's the
best thing after jollof rice and the best president the
world has ever seen. You people have become so
blind to the new wave of progress and development
in the country. Since Buhari came into power, we
have been enjoying 92 hours of electricity everyday in my area, fuel is now 45 naira per litre, prices of
goods have crashed by 50%, Boko Haram have been
technically defeated, the Chibok girls have been
found, unemployed graduates now collect 5000 naira monthly, school children now take fried rice and chicken in school and investors are now trooping in everyday, what else do you people want?

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by wallbuilder(m): 11:44pm On Mar 12, 2016
His boss is a fulani man, thats why he is defending them.
Its really sad. this Fulanis have terrorized everywhere and leaders everywhere are scared to talk.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by leofab(f): 12:24am On Mar 13, 2016
Insane IG...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by kenny987(f): 12:38am On Mar 13, 2016
This she-goat of an IG is the actual ineffectual oaf! So he expects innocent people who have been displaced by his fellow bandits and comrades-in-arms to bring d corpses of their loved ones to the police before they can bury them? So that d same devils in uniform will kill them too abi? So that is the only way he can ascertain the number of dead people?

So did he see d 10000 carcasses of cattle claimed by his co-murderers to have been killed before embarking on his war against cattle rustlers? So he has only come to call Agatu people liars without any attempt or effort to trace those marauding fools called herdsmen and have them face the law?

That is how he sat on his fat arse and opened his big mouth to say the release of a minor that had been kidnapped and raped and left with a sick bastard growing inside her underdeveloped body, having been forcefully converted to a rotten lifestyle, was dependent on the intervention of a local chief...hmm!

Just a complete insensitive prick/jerk that doesn't understand the workings of the Police in a country.

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by IdomaLikita: 12:51am On Mar 13, 2016
Ass-Licker Arase,
My Village is more than 7 miles from Agatu, and people have reported seeing mutilated bodies (with Gunshot Wounds) floating downstream for weeks!
As for the corpses in the bush, what happened when our brethren went to bury them, they were also shot at and killed by the Fulanis, .
What happened when our Senator went there to assess the damage 2 days ago, he was shot at by the demons.
Enough of the whining, all that is left now is for Idoma men to mobilise and reclaim their land by force. Any thing contrary is cowardice! Period!

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by egalitarian78: 12:52am On Mar 13, 2016
It is a shame from d IG. You believed 10,000 cattle heads allegation without asking for dia carcasses but doubt d veracity of d number of people killed. How did we get to this point in our value system dat d life of a human being is comparable to life or death of a cattle. D lamest part is his suggestion dat human corpse must be brought to d police station first before burial but we all know all the police do is to even bury d dead in order to destroy evidence.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by vanguard90(m): 12:58am On Mar 13, 2016
This man is becoming irresponsible with his utterances and it's so annoying, that was the same way he said the release of ESE ORURU is dependent on one Emir, and now telling us people that were killed aren't up to 300.
I'm still wondering how such a senior citizen is this careless with his choice of words.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by skyman200(m): 1:00am On Mar 13, 2016
Is it that he is denying or what, im so disappointed with dis country.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by lukecent: 1:35am On Mar 13, 2016
You ve passed the message ur oga told you to pass but don't think we believe you.

You didn't see where 300 people were buried? But you believe 10,000 cows were killed.
You re doing your job wonderfully.

Before I forget, is the problem cattle rustlers or fulani herdsmen?
Leaving the substance and chasing shadow

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by gmaribel(m): 2:00am On Mar 13, 2016
This is INSULT UPON INJURY...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Ahmeduana(m): 2:06am On Mar 13, 2016
Sunnymatey:
Must 300 people died first before you rise to the ocasion? Bunch of hypocrates.
DON'T YOU KNOW THAT APC CANNOT PRODUCE ANYTHING GOOD.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by chosen04(f): 2:25am On Mar 13, 2016
Let Benue people enjoy the shit. They voted a confirmed terrorist sympathizer for President.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by BaddieKay(f): 6:36am On Mar 13, 2016
the police force should be scrapped,useless unintelligent bunch of ass.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Godjone(m): 7:02am On Mar 13, 2016
A very unprofessional statement. So you this e-dioot police chief will fold your hands and wait for fulani to attack and go then you will come to the scene to start counting who is death and who is alive

what a foool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by TheDevilIsALai: 7:22am On Mar 13, 2016
It is now officially

Any thing Fulani says is the truth and now human lives are worthless when compared to cattle.

God punish Buhari and all his cows

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by mrphysics(m): 7:30am On Mar 13, 2016
This man is really waiting for 300 dead people to do his work.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Phame: 7:45am On Mar 13, 2016
Those enemies of Nigeria peddling lies are bent on achieving something terrible using fulani name. Even when no one is killed, they would tell hundreds are killed.

3 Likes

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Phame: 7:46am On Mar 13, 2016
Godjone:
A very unprofessional statement. So you this e-dioot police chief will fold your hands and wait for fulani to attack and go then you will come to the scene to start counting who is death and who is alive

what a foool
show us the grave.

3 Likes

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Phame: 7:47am On Mar 13, 2016
BaddieKay:
the police force should be scrapped,useless unintelligent bunch of ass.
shut up and show us the grave, you enemy of Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Phame: 7:48am On Mar 13, 2016
chosen04:
Let Benue people enjoy the shit. They voted a confirmed terrorist sympathizer for President.
#show us the grave.

3 Likes

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Phame: 7:49am On Mar 13, 2016
Ahmeduana:
DON'T YOU KNOW THAT APC CANNOT PRODUCE ANYTHING GOOD.
#Show us the grave!

4 Likes

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Phame: 7:50am On Mar 13, 2016
gmaribel:
This is INSULT UPON INJURY...
#ShowUsTheGrave!

3 Likes

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Phame: 7:51am On Mar 13, 2016
lukecent:
You ve passed the message ur oga told you to pass but don't think we believe you.

You didn't see where 300 people were buried? But you believe 10,000 cows were killed.
You re doing your job wonderfully.

Before I forget, is the problem cattle rustlers or fulani herdsmen?
Leaving the substance and chasing shadow
#ShowUsTheGrave

4 Likes

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Phame: 7:52am On Mar 13, 2016
skyman200:
Is it that he is denying or what, im so disappointed with dis country.
#ShowUsTheGrave

3 Likes

Re: I Was In Agatu But Did Not See Where 300 People Were Buried – IG Arase by Phame: 7:53am On Mar 13, 2016
vanguard90:
This man is becoming irresponsible with his utterances and it's so annoying, that was the same way he said the release of ESE ORURU is dependent on one Emir, and now telling us people that were killed aren't up to 300.
I'm still wondering how such a senior citizen is this careless with his choice of words.
#ShowIGtheGrave

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Condoles With France, Christendom Over Notre Dame Fire / Oko Oloyun: Afenifere Asks Police Not To Cover-Up Yusuf’s Murder / INEC Issues Certificates Of Return to Kalu, Ubah, Melaye, 98 others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.