Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Will You Support A Legislation For Use Of Seats Belts At The Back Seat And Why? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Will You Support A Legislation For Use Of Seats Belts At The Back Seat And Why? (908 Views)

You'll Never Forget To Use Your Seatbelt Even In The Back Seat After Seeing This / Why Don't Passengers At The Back Seat Use Seatbelts? / The Wonder Of Seat Belts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Support A Legislation For Use Of Seats Belts At The Back Seat And Why? by boldx(m): 3:28am On Mar 13, 2016
Recently, i started enforcing the use of seats belts for my children at rear seat not minding my driving speed. Will you support a legislation for use of seats belts at the back seat for all car users and why? Do you think the bill will be successful if its taken up?

I think its very necessary because there is no enforcement on driving speed limits in Nigeria.
Re: Will You Support A Legislation For Use Of Seats Belts At The Back Seat And Why? by ladyF(f): 3:31am On Mar 13, 2016
The back seat belts of some taxis are an eyesore, if you're wearing white, the tin go stain.

But I support it!

1 Like

Re: Will You Support A Legislation For Use Of Seats Belts At The Back Seat And Why? by HerexG(m): 3:42am On Mar 13, 2016
Safety first, I support seat belt everywhere even inside boot.

After all he late Footballer Olufemi might have survived the car crash he had years back if he had worn a seat belt rip to him

2 Likes

Re: Will You Support A Legislation For Use Of Seats Belts At The Back Seat And Why? by Nobody: 4:33am On Mar 13, 2016
I will support it cos Nigerian roads r so terrible dat ur life might just depend on it.
Re: Will You Support A Legislation For Use Of Seats Belts At The Back Seat And Why? by Lexusgs430: 4:57am On Mar 13, 2016
boldx:
Recently, i started enforcing the use of seats belts for my children at rear seat not minding my driving speed. Will you support a legislation for use of seats belts at the back seat for all car users and why? Do you think the bill will be successful if its taken up?

I think its very necessary because there is no enforcement on driving speed limits in Nigeria.

Before this legislation can be effective, all vehicles on Nigerian roads would have to be throughly put through a rigorous MOT original and unbiased certification.
If this is done, all vehicles on our roads would have working seatbelts, for the carriage specifications of their vehicles.
Then enact a law enforcing seat belts for all occupants in a vehicle.
Afterall, if our Minister of state was strapped down, he might still be alive.
NB: Your enforcing seatbelts for your kids in your vehicle all the time, is a good thing. But the seatbelts on ones kids might be more pain than safety. All kids within a certain height, have to use car seats extensions or booster seats, or else the seatbelts might act has a strangulation belt, than a safety belt!!!
Re: Will You Support A Legislation For Use Of Seats Belts At The Back Seat And Why? by mackhunter77: 6:39am On Mar 13, 2016
YES because children sometimes stand on back seats which is quite dangerous and who knows, it might save drunk's life someday grin
Re: Will You Support A Legislation For Use Of Seats Belts At The Back Seat And Why? by MathsChic(f): 8:06am On Mar 13, 2016
boldx:

You don't need a legislation to use seat belts, front or rear. That's why they are designed. Front seat belts are just as important as the rear ones. In fact, if the people in the rear are not using their seat belts, they consititute greater danger to those at the front than any accident they may be involved in does. Those rear seat belts are not there for make the car look more attractive. The same legislation for the front seat belts applies equally to the rear.

1 Like

Re: Will You Support A Legislation For Use Of Seats Belts At The Back Seat And Why? by apexquest(m): 8:03pm On Mar 13, 2016
seatbelt are seatbelts, whether front or rear...they should be worn ...
Re: Will You Support A Legislation For Use Of Seats Belts At The Back Seat And Why? by Originalsly: 10:29pm On Mar 13, 2016
No ...I wouldn't support such legislation but would advise back seater to make use of them especially when being driven at a fast rate. If it becomes law...then two persons only would be allowed in the rear seat of most cars....and that would be a whole set of other problems.
Re: Will You Support A Legislation For Use Of Seats Belts At The Back Seat And Why? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
I would support such a legislation if it was ever passed in Nigeria.

It doesn't matter if the car is being driven at 15 or 140mph. The use of rear seat belts should be a habit, as soon as any passengers get into the rear of the car, they should belt-up.

I personally will NOT have any rear passengers in my car IF they won't belt up, the same goes for front seat passengers.
Re: Will You Support A Legislation For Use Of Seats Belts At The Back Seat And Why? by ivoryhouse(m): 5:00pm On Mar 14, 2016
Do we need a legislation to enforce seatbelts? We dont have to wait for the government to have family and friends we give rides in our cars strap on seat belts to stay safe do we?
Re: Will You Support A Legislation For Use Of Seats Belts At The Back Seat And Why? by lonelydora: 11:51pm On Mar 14, 2016
I personally have such legislation in my car. As long as you are in my car, whether front or back seat, you must wear your seat belt. Reason I don't take more than 3 people at the back.

I won't wait for the government to tell me what's safe or not. I will support such legislation 100%.

1 Like

Re: Will You Support A Legislation For Use Of Seats Belts At The Back Seat And Why? by redcliff: 11:13pm On Mar 16, 2016
MathsChic:

You don't need a legislation to use seat belts, front or rear. That's why they are designed. Front seat belts are just as important as the rear ones. In fact, if the people in the rear are not using their seat belts, they consititute greater danger to those at the front than any accident they may be involved in does. Those rear seat belts are not there for make the car look more attractive. The same legislation for the front seat belts applies equally to the rear.

Gbam!

(1) (Reply)

Car Quiz! – Guess The Name Of The Car / Check Engine Light / 2016 BMW 7 Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.