Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

PREGNANCY: Best Sleeping Positions While Pregnant - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / PREGNANCY: Best Sleeping Positions While Pregnant (5294 Views)

Period While Pregnant / Things To Avoid Eating While Pregnant / See What Happens When You Take Too Much Of Sugar While Pregnant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PREGNANCY: Best Sleeping Positions While Pregnant by Atalia: 6:01am On Mar 13, 2016
Positioning While Sleeping

It's not easy to sleep soundly with your belly getting in the way. If you were a stomach sleeper before, now you'll have to switch sleep positions to accommodate your growing girth.

Best Sleep Positions

What's the safest sleep position during pregnancy ? After your fifth month, your back is definitely not best. Sleeping on your back puts extra pressure on your aorta and inferior vena cava, the blood vessels that run behind your abdomen and carry blood back to your heart from your legs and feet. Pressure on these vessels can slow blood circulation to your body -- and your baby.

Not back or stomach.

You might find it harder to breathe while lying on your back. And because your belly pushes down on your intestines when you lie on your back, this position can also lead to tummy troubles. How about sleeping on your stomach? That's not a great idea, either. When you lie face down, your stomach presses on your expanding uterus -- not to mention your ballooning breasts .

Left is best.

Right now, side sleeping is safest for your baby. Plus, it's more comfortable for you as your abdomen grows. Is one side of the body better than the other for sleeping? Experts recommend lying on your left side. It improves circulation, giving nutrient- packed blood an easier route from your heart to the placenta to nourish your baby. Lying on the left side also keeps your expanding body weight from pushing down too hard on your liver . While either side is okay, left is best.

Positioning Tips

Here are a few other positioning tips to help you get more comfortable and protect your baby while you sleep during pregnancy:

i. For more belly and back support: Prop a pillow under your tummy or between your knees. Buy a special extra-long pregnancy pillow, or just use one you have in the closet at home. Positioning a pillow under your body can help keep you on your side, preventing you from rolling to your stomach or back.

ii. For shortness of breath: Put a pillow under your side to raise your chest.

iii. For heartburn : Prop up the head of the bed a few inches with books or blocks. This helps keep acids down in your stomach, rather than burning their way up your esophagus.

Don't panic if you roll from side to front or back while you sleep. You're better off letting your body move where it's most comfortable than trying to wake yourself up every few minutes to stay on your side. You need as much sleep as you can get right now. You'll appreciate the extra rest once your baby starts waking you up for those midnight (and 1 a.m., and 2 a.m.) feedings.

=> Click to check your pregnancy due date calculator

=> Click here for more pregnancy info

source

http://westernage.com/best-sleeping-positions-while-pregnant/
Re: PREGNANCY: Best Sleeping Positions While Pregnant by Laitesmart(m): 6:35am On Mar 13, 2016
What about the Husband? Let me tell u... In cases of Pregnancy, The one who needs to be taught how to sleep is the husband.. Na restless 9 months of WHEN WILL THE BABY COME? How person go get Dough?
Re: PREGNANCY: Best Sleeping Positions While Pregnant by Nobody: 6:59am On Mar 13, 2016
Laitesmart:
What about the Husband? Let me tell u... In cases of Pregnancy, The one who needs to be taught how to sleep is the husband.. Na restless 9 months of WHEN WILL THE BABY COME? How person go get Dough?
When he was restlessly looking for trouble in his wife's pants nko?
Re: PREGNANCY: Best Sleeping Positions While Pregnant by Laitesmart(m): 10:26am On Mar 13, 2016
dovelike:
When he was restlessly looking for trouble in his wife's pants nko?
Buahahahaha. U deserve a medal for putting it that way.
Re: PREGNANCY: Best Sleeping Positions While Pregnant by Pregnancy(m): 3:57pm On Jan 16, 2019
As my experience the only effective way to sleep well during pregnancy is to use special maternity pillows - it's easy to use and they can save you a lot of nervous and make this period more comfortable, when I was pregnant this was my favorite item, highly recommend to all women
Re: PREGNANCY: Best Sleeping Positions While Pregnant by MaxPregily: 4:01pm On May 22, 2019
Most recently, I was in a position and faced the problem of inconvenience during sleep and rest. A friend advised me a pillow for pregnant women. There was a huge selection of different types and forms of pillows and I could not decide which one would be better suited ...

Since I like to do different beautiful things with my own hands, I decided to sew best pregnancy pillow for myself. She helped me a lot during sleep, rest and when traveling by train. I always took the pad with me and felt comfortable. The pillow also helped me after giving birth, while feeding my baby. After that, the pregnant girlfriends started asking me to sew such pads and they were just happy) I realized that all future moms face the same problems. Namely: fatigue during sleep, back pain and chronic sleep deprivation ...

And I had an idea - how can I help future moms. I started sewing pillows for pregnant women and feeding. Our pad is the most optimal shape and size, which is suitable for all. I use only high-quality domestic and foreign materials. Pillow filler is a hypoallergenic holofiber.

I make all the pads especially for you with my own hands and with Love. After all, I believe that when mommy is good, it is good for your baby. Choose the color of your pad and make your order. I will do everything at its best.
Re: PREGNANCY: Best Sleeping Positions While Pregnant by MaxPregily: 5:20pm On May 29, 2019
Also read the guide "How to choose pregnancy pillows"

(1) (Reply)

Nutritional Benefit Of ‘garri’ And ‘fufu’ / Solutions For Penis Enlargement / Why Is This Type Of Face Mask Used Only In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.