Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) (34240 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Visits Ogiame Ikenwoli, The Olu Of Warri / Olu Of Warri, Ikenwole, Ayiri Emami Cross Over To Ancestral Palace Across River / Olori Wuraola Pulls A Beyoncé On Ooni Of Ife (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by onuwaje(m): 7:46am On Mar 13, 2016
The olu of warri Ogiame Ikenwoli I in company of some palace chiefs paid a thank you visit the ooni of ife at his palace at ile-ife. the visit also coincided with the arrival of the new bride to the ooni of ife
the ooni of ife in his first official outing graced the coronation of the Olu of warri Ogiame Ikenwoli I which took place december 12 2015

the ooni of ife took the olu of warri round the palace as part of a tour and fed him with a little history

the olu of warri is scheduled to pay more scheduled visits to lagos where he is expected to show appreciation to other dignitories. in his bid to foster peace and unity, since his coronation the olu of warri has paid "thank you visits" along with palace chiefs to urhobo and ijaw monarchs who graced the occassion. some of the monarchs include
1. the ovie of olomu kingdom
2, ovie of uvwie kingdom
3. ovie of ughelli kingdom
4. pere of akugbene kingdom
he has also paid a courtsey visit to the delta state governor ifeanyi okowa

LONG LIVE OLU OF WARRI
LONG LIVE OONI OF IFE

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Nobody: 7:58am On Mar 13, 2016
I'm hungry!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by tpiar: 10:39am On Mar 13, 2016
Land is a finite resource.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by YourNemesis: 10:53am On Mar 13, 2016
This is nice!
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Tunami(m): 4:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
united we stand.

4 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by scholes0(m): 6:07pm On Mar 13, 2016

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Barbarthundey(m): 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
Olu of warrior visits "iku baba yeye" alase ikeji Orisa

Kabiyesi ooo

8 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by koolkamzzy(m): 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2016
And who is that guy kneeling down?

8 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Osirimononaye(m): 8:55pm On Mar 13, 2016
God's Work
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by bettercreature(m): 8:56pm On Mar 13, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 13, 2016
In as much as the Ooni is a clown - I like this.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Saladin25(m): 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
Nice one
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by carbony4red(m): 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
grin grin grin grin
koolkamzzy:

Thats the one n only Abobaku of Ile Ife....

20 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Cutezt(m): 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
Meeting Of Kings

That guy dey serve punishment ni abi wetin?

3 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by bolt000(m): 8:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by MzMercie: 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
Cool cool
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Saladin25(m): 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
koolkamzzy:
me self dey wonder ooo... may be he is on punishment.

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by naijacentric(m): 8:59pm On Mar 13, 2016
Who cares about all dis yeye monarchs who dont contribute to the society

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Chiccly(f): 9:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
The guy kneeling down besides the Ooni, is he reading an sms or sending one?

Or maybe he is updating the folks at home the latest.

3 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by cenaboy(m): 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2016
Good for them,
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by bedspread: 9:02pm On Mar 13, 2016
I KEY INTO A CONNECTION to THESE 2 kings from THE KING of kings

4 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by NobleAngell(f): 9:05pm On Mar 13, 2016
I was gonna complain that d ooni is also an ajala in his own way but then I read it again I realized that he was visited.
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by duduade: 9:09pm On Mar 13, 2016
Everyone just touring....
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by JAHseal: 9:11pm On Mar 13, 2016
carbony4red:
grin grin grin grin

Thats the one n only Abobaku of Ile Ife....

Abeg una don find d last one dat refused 2 follow d late Ooni back 2 his ancestors?
Pls if una see am, tell am say d soul of d deceased king is still hanging; until he (abobaku) appears, d ancestors have refused 2 accept him (d king). grin

2 Likes

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by otokx(m): 9:12pm On Mar 13, 2016
Interesting cultures
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Truthisit: 9:15pm On Mar 13, 2016
Ooni of Ife is not Iku baba yeye, only Alaafin bears that title in Yorubaland. Read history or ask knowledgeable elders

Barbarthundey:
Olu of warrior visits "iku baba yeye" alase ikeji Orisa

Kabiyesi ooo

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 13, 2016
Well, Yorubas and itshekiris are Siamese twins. They are even closer to Yorubas than the Benins. When you start hearing the name like Sola, Timilehin, Femi, Eyimofe, etc. Don't be too quick to say the bearer of these names are Yoruba, he/she might just be itshekiri.

moreover, itshekiris are cool headed people cool

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by 4nobody4every1: 9:18pm On Mar 13, 2016
cool
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by potbelly(m): 9:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
he's updating his bbm status... kneeling things... grin
Chiccly:
The guy kneeling down besides the Ooni, is he reading an sms or sending one?

Or maybe he is updating the folks at home the latest.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by JuanDeDios: 9:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
koolkamzzy:
Same thing I'm wondering. When will these people modify these yeye practices?
Re: Olu Of Warri Visits The Ooni Of Ife (photos) by hardisha81(m): 9:30pm On Mar 13, 2016
JuanDeDios:

Same thing I'm wondering. When will these people modify these yeye practices?
...u are a Nigeria, who has one or other traditional and cultural trait backed with an historical background , why feigning nd abuse d custom?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Funny Things Only Nigerians Do / Are Cushitic People The Standards Of Beauty? / Kegites Club?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.