Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

10 Bible Verses On Tithing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing (431 Views)

TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing / 10 Bible Verses Every Christian Should Know By Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Bible Verses On Tithing by ipreach: 9:23am On Mar 13, 2016
Many people have argued much on this subject on and off social media especially on Nairaland.com, that's why i decided to bring to here

1. Because God commands it:

"A tithe of all you produce is the Lord's and it is Holy." (Leviticus 27:30)

2. Because Jesus commands it:
"Yes, you should tithe, and you shouldn't leave the more important things undone either." (Matthew 23:23) Tithing was the only thing Jesus commended the Pharisees for doing right!

3. Because tithing shows that God has first place in your life:

"The purpose of tithing is to teach you to put God first place in your life". (Deuteronomy 14:23 (LB) If God does not have first priority in your finances, He isn't really first in your life and your witness for Christ is false!

4. Because it reminds you that everything you have was given to you by God:

"Always remember that it is the Lord your God who gives you the ability to produce wealth." (Deuteronomy 8:18) Rather than feeling "I'm giving God 10% of my money," realize God is letting you keep 90% of HIS money. Without God's help, you would have nothing.

5. Because tithing expresses your gratitude to God for helping you earn income:
"How can I repay the Lord for all His goodness to me?" (Ps. 116:12) Here's the answer: "Each of you should bring a gift in proportion to the way the Lord your God has blessed you." (Deuteronomy 16:17)

6. Because refusing to tithe is stealing from God:

If you don't tithe, God says you are using money that rightfully belongs to Him. "God says: "Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing me!' But you ask, 'How do we rob you?' God says: 'In tithes and offerings. Bring your whole tithe to My house.'" (Malachi 3:8-19) (God has a right to whatever He asks for from you.)

7. Because tithing gives God a chance to prove to you that He exists and wants to bless you:

"Bring me your tithe. Test me in this," says the Lord, "and see if I won't throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it, I will prevent pests from devouring your crops and the vines in your fields will be protected from plagues."

This is one of the most amazing promises in the Bible. God actually offers you a challenge. He says "I dare you!" Start tithing and watch what happens!" He not only promises to bless you with more, but He also promises to protect what you already have! In the Bible, tithing is the only way given that you can prove God exists. Start tithing and get ready for God's amazing blessings!

8. Because it is essential to spiritual growth:
"Just as you grow in everything in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in earnestness and love...see that you also grow in the grace of giving." Many Christians remain spiritual babies because they disobey God by not tithing.

9. Because tithing shows you really love God!
"Where your treasure is, your heart will be also." (Matthew 6:21) Wherever you put your money is where your affection is going to be. Every time you give back to God you are drawn closer to Him. You may say you love God, but 2 Corinthians 8:8 says that you’re giving tests the sincerity of your love. You can give without loving but you cannot love without giving.
Jesus said, "If you really love me, do what I command." (John 14:15)

10. Because tithing is an investment for eternity:
Jesus told us to "Store up treasures in heaven." (Matthew 6:19-20) How do you do that? By investing your money in helping people get to heaven! Most of the things you spend your money on will not even last for ten years, much less last for eternity.

Via: http://godsinspired..de/2016/03/10-bible-verses-on-tithing.html
Re: 10 Bible Verses On Tithing by Annunaki(m): 9:39am On Mar 13, 2016
Scriptural manipulation at it's worst, christians are not meant to tithe.

1 Like

Re: 10 Bible Verses On Tithing by popesam1(m): 9:39am On Mar 13, 2016
Its good to pay tithe.
But you see some people that pay their tithe in church, but common help they can't help some other people because they don't want other people to get wealthy than them. So what's the meaning of the tithe when you can't help someone or give alms to poor people.
Re: 10 Bible Verses On Tithing by divinehand2003(m): 11:19am On Mar 13, 2016
Tithe is scriptural. If you belief in it, pls do it judiciously. But if you think it's old testament teaching and so doesn't apply to this present age, then forget it until you know better. It shouldn't raise any dust at all amongst the brethren.

(1) (Reply)

Join A New Christian Fellowship And Support Group In Town / TITHE - Bible Truth The "Church" Would Not Like Members To Know / My Life At The Valley Of Discouragement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.