Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,560 members, 7,837,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted (1426 Views)

Nigerian Citizenship Eligibility With Regard To Elected Offices / Asari Dokubo Adopts Benin Republic, Dumps Nigerian Citizenship. / No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted by AloyEmeka9: 8:42am On Jul 20, 2009
Amidst the lean and struggling economy are a multitude of foreign nationals struggling to get Nigerian pali. Thousands were denied but a few were chosen. So, thank your God you were born Nigerian and guard your citizenship with everything you have. Below are the number of the lucky ones by nationalities:

[size=14pt]EGYPT-9

ITALY-8

INDIA-8

RUSSIA-7

LEBANON-71

U.S.A-14

UK-12

SYRIA-12

GERMANY-5

SIERRA LEONE-5

CHINA-4

JAMAICA-4

PAKISTAN-4

GHANA, UKRAINE, ROMANIA, BELARUS,CANADA,POLAND AND ISRAEL-3

HUNGARY,JAPAN, CAMEROON,SENEGAL,NIGER,GREECE,MOLDOVA AND PHILIPPINES-2

BULGARIA,IRAN,MEXICO,KENYA, SWITZERLAND, SWEDEN, GUATEMALA, TAIWAN,CONGO,AUSTRALIA,TOGO, FRANCE, GABON, BRAZIL, HOLLAND, CZECH,TANZANIA,SOUTH AFRICA,GUINEA,TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO, CROATIA AND COTE D'IVOIRE-1
[/size]
Re: The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted by samparian(m): 8:50am On Jul 20, 2009
So??
If you were to personally identify those who were granted Nigerians citizenship, you'd know that they have ties in Government, Importation and industries in Nigeria.
talk about more Vaswani brothers and Lebanese Mafia.
i hope i'm safe smiley
Re: The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted by AloyEmeka9: 8:54am On Jul 20, 2009
All I know is that they struggled for Nigerian passport. Some has been trying for over 20 years now yet no way. You can't buy pali in Nigeria make I tell you now.
Re: The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted by samparian(m): 9:16am On Jul 20, 2009
you obviously have been seeing the wrong people. grin

You can get birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate,fake bank statements, 10 passports with the same face but different names on the same day in Nigeria. where have you been??
Re: The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted by back2back(f): 9:34am On Jul 20, 2009
You can get birth certificate, marriage certificate, death certificate,fake bank statements, 10 passports with the same face but different names on the same day in Nigeria. where have you been??

and that makes it official?
Re: The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted by samparian(m): 9:44am On Jul 20, 2009
No it doesnt but it buttresses my point that many of the recipients are tied into oil, importation, and government contracts. Being Nigerian gives them all the edge they need to continue making money here.
Re: The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted by AloyEmeka9: 10:36am On Jul 20, 2009
samparian:

No it doesnt but it buttresses my point that many of the recipients are tied into oil, importation, and government contracts. Being Nigerian gives them all the edge they need to continue making money here.
All I know is that getting Nigerian papers is not easy like you think, forget Oluwale no dey do ePassport.
Re: The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted by samparian(m): 10:40am On Jul 20, 2009
who said anything about oluwale?
But i'm glad you agree those things are obtainable
Re: The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted by AloyEmeka9: 10:56am On Jul 20, 2009
Not anymore, bro. Our database here is 21st century.
Re: The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted by immadosumn: 11:07am On Jul 20, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Not anymore, bro. Our database here is 21st century.

These type of talk makes it ever harder for us to get rid of the elephant in our living room - D/base or not, the entire system reeks with rot and streaming with sewer. Sorry, but it's just the way it has been.
Re: The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted by Epiphany(m): 11:46am On Jul 20, 2009
@Samparian

I totally agree with you man. It is for no other reason that to continually milk this country - for God's sake, why would an American or UK citizen want a Nigerian passport? I believe that many of them (from the US and UK) are doing it for reasons such as marriage (maybe they are married to Nigerian men. Like the late Tai Solarin's wife who was continually denied the citizenship).

Secondly, it is easy, very easy to get the nigerian passport. I have a friend over here in the UK who has just got his own. Yes, his father was Nigerian - but died over 10 years ago. His mother is white British and funny, the guy looks more white than black. The guy is 36, has never been to Nigeria and has never had a Nigerian passport. The names he answers are not Nigerian cos he is answering his mothers maiden name (although his middle name is Babatunde) So how did he do it? He got in touch with an 'uncle' in Nigeria who he has never talked to or contacted before and this uncle was very very happy to 'welcome' this long lost family member who they had thought they had lost forever. One thing led to another, the uncle who is a bigshot in one of our parastatals somehow arranged it with the Immigrations people and the embassy here in the UK, and believe it or not, the guy went into the Nigerian embassy in London and came out with a Nigerian passport a few days later.

And there i was struggling to get beyond the stupid tallies in the Nigerian embassy in London, when my friend (a close friend) just bypassed all protocol. Well, he eventually introduced me to his contact and the man accelerated my own process.

The way i looked at it is that if that bigshot or influential man did the same thing for someone who is not a Nigerian at all at all, will any flags be raised?
Re: The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted by AloyEmeka9: 8:31am On Jul 21, 2009
Are there no independent business men that emigrated to Nigeria on their own?. Everything is not about our oil please.
Re: The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted by Epiphany(m): 2:31pm On Jul 21, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

Are there no independent business men that emigrated to Nigeria on their own?. Everything is not about our oil please.

Haba, dem plenty o. There are more businessmen outside the oil industry than in the oil industry. To be precise, most of our manufacturing and trading businesses are run by foreigners - Lebanese and Indian to be precise. Park and Shop, Chagoury and Chagoury, Safieddine, 7UP, Churchgage group, Kewalrams, Chanrai, Viju Milk, Sword Sweets, Indomie, Chivita, Jaggal, Energy foods, Mouka Foam, Zard Farms etc etc. There are many other smaller ones that manage to stay off the radar.

Some of these comapanies have been accused of all kinds of things from tax evasion to poor work ethics. The funny thing about this though is that what many of these guys are doing in Nigeria, can not be reciprocated by Nigerians in their countries. Have you heard of any Nigerians really making it in India or Lebanon? Yet they come into Nigeria and flex their muscles - citizens or not.
Re: The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted by generalzango(m): 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2009
They want the Oil.
Re: The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2009
Epiphany:

@Samparian

I totally agree with you man. It is for no other reason that to continually milk this country - for God's sake, why would an American or UK citizen want a Nigerian passport? I believe that many of them (from the US and UK) are doing it for reasons such as marriage (maybe they are married to Nigerian men. Like the late Tai Solarin's wife who was continually denied the citizenship).

Secondly, it is easy, very easy to get the nigerian passport. I have a friend over here in the UK who has just got his own. Yes, his father was Nigerian - but died over 10 years ago. His mother is white British and funny, the guy looks more white than black. The guy is 36, has never been to Nigeria and has never had a Nigerian passport. The names he answers are not Nigerian cos he is answering his mothers maiden name (although his middle name is Babatunde) So how did he do it? He got in touch with an 'uncle' in Nigeria who he has never talked to or contacted before and this uncle was very very happy to 'welcome' this long lost family member who they had thought they had lost forever. One thing led to another, the uncle who is a bigshot in one of our parastatals somehow arranged it with the Immigrations people and the embassy here in the UK, and believe it or not, the guy went into the Nigerian embassy in London and came out with a Nigerian passport a few days later.

And there i was struggling to get beyond the stupid tallies in the Nigerian embassy in London, when my friend (a close friend) just bypassed all protocol. Well, he eventually introduced me to his contact and the man accelerated my own process.

The way i looked at it is that if that bigshot or influential man did the same thing for someone who is not a Nigerian at all at all, will any flags be raised?

@ bolded

normally, if his dad's name and place of birth is on his birth certificate I dont think there should be a problem.
Re: The Nigerian Citizenship You Take For Granted by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 21, 2009
@ topic

most of them are probably married to Nigerians.

(1) (Reply)

Presidency Denies Plan To Sack Some Ministers / Former Ceo Of Intercontinental Bank Akingbola Returns , Reports To Efcc Today / Allegation: Government In Secret Talks To Extradite James Ibory Back To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.