Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,478 members, 7,819,740 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Are You Checking What Is In Your Hands - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are You Checking What Is In Your Hands (515 Views)

The Zen Of Rush Hour Traffic: 8 Ways To Optimize The Time On Your Hands. / Your Destiny Is In Your Hands / Your Destiny Is In Your Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are You Checking What Is In Your Hands by diamondchild: 4:31pm On Mar 13, 2016
Many people has neglected what is their hands, instead trade it for other materials things that will not last long or for ever. I know you might be wondering what do i really mean by checking what is in your?
very quickly, Let me give you two example in the word for a better understanding and spiritual backing

The Widow’s Olive Oil

pour-oilHere let me introduce to you a life transforming encounter with the widow who was in financial crisis but when she released what’s in her hand, there was a divine breakthrough for her and her family, not only did she paid all her debt but also have abundance after releasing what she thought can never change anything in her life.
1 The wife of a man from the company of the prophets cried out to Elisha, “Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that he revered the LORD. But now his creditor is coming to take my two boys as his slaves.”
2 Elisha replied to her, “How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have in your house?” “Your servant has nothing there at all,” she said, “except a small jar of olive oil.” 2kings 4:1-2
“One thing about us is that we usually undermine what we have in our lives. Unfortunate the potential until we discover and appreciate the seed God has put in our hands”. Sunday Ayegba

When you read further from verse 3 to 7, you will discover how the seed in her hand multiplied into greatness through God intervention.

2. The Talents

14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country , who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods .
15 And unto one he gave five talents *, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey .
16 Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with the same, and made them other five talents.
17 And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18 But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and hid his lord’s money.
19 After a long time the lord of those servants cometh , and reckoneth * with them.
20 And so he that had received five talents came and brought other five talents, saying , Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents: behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22 He also that had received two talents came and said , Lord, thou deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other talents beside them.
23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
24 Then he which had received the one talent came and said , Lord, I knew thee, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown , and gathering where thou hast not strawed :
25 And I was afraid , and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
26 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed :
27 Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
28 Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
29 For unto every one that hath shall be given , and he shall have abundance : but from him that hath not shall be taken away * even that which he hath
30 And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. . Mathew 25 vs 14-29

There is no man born without greatness inside of him, You need to check what is your hand, some might be singing, handling of tools, talkative, joke cracking etc.You might think what is your hand is foolish ,nothing, little or weak, remember the the word says

For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength. 1 corinthians 1:25 .

The word also says in proverbs 18:16
“A man’s gift maketh room for him, and bringeth him before great men”.

I was reading a book earlier this week when the author shared a story of a farmer in a book called acres of diamond by Russel Conwell and i think i should share with you so we can learn one or two things.

A farmer named Al-Haffed who was tired of miserable lot in life. He had the dream of becoming very rich and famous but concluded that he could not achieve that dream through farming. He sold his farm to another farmer and left is farm and family and journeyed to a distant lands in search of diamonds. He traveled round the world in a futile search and died a poor, frustrated and broken man without setting his eyes on any diamonds. Back home, the farmer who bought Al-Haffed ‘s farm together with one of the wise men on the east started cultivating it. One day the farmer accidentally discovered a large and unusual stone on the land while farming. After examination by experts, he was told he just discovered the world largest diamonds.

Al-Haffed’s farmland was one of the world largest diamond fields but he went on futile search for diamonds. If he had remained at home and continued on his farm he would have become one of the richest men in the world.
TAKE AWAY
“Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin”

Many people have more than enough in their hands but they are not giving a close attention to it, all they would say is i don’t think i can, i don’t think i have, i don’t think this, i think that? Check the seed in your before you use or say the word “i don’t think” in this kind of situation.

There is a gift, talents, skills, seed in your hands, you might think is little but it can bring you before great men and make way for you. The question now is
ARE YOU CHECKING WHAT IS IN YOUR HANDS?

seed in your hand

See you at the top..God bless you.
http://www.beyourbozz.com/

(1) (Reply)

Lord Denning; To Lawyers (and All Who Want To Captivate Their Audience). / Vacancy / Plan A And Plan B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.