Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,880 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Opinion On Using Stabilizer On LED TV And Home Theater - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Opinion On Using Stabilizer On LED TV And Home Theater (6112 Views)

Used lg home theater for sale. / Samsung Home Theater (model NO-HT-TQ22) - Tokunbo / Sony Home Theater Sound System 22k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion On Using Stabilizer On LED TV And Home Theater by Benwems(m): 5:08pm On Mar 13, 2016
Hi everyone, my location usually have low voltage which fluctuates a lot. I want to know if its good or advisable if i use small stabilizer (1000-2000va) on my LED tv and blu ray home theater. I already have tv guide.
Re: Opinion On Using Stabilizer On LED TV And Home Theater by Lovetinz(m): 5:19pm On Mar 13, 2016
Forget stabilizers, they don't stabilize extreme fluctuations,
Get yourself a small UPS.
Re: Opinion On Using Stabilizer On LED TV And Home Theater by Nobody: 5:29am On Mar 14, 2016
Do what the first to comment poster typed. In addition to a stabilizer and UPS get a surge protector.
My LCD TV blows the same capacitor every end of the year for three years now. With the end of my warrantee I now've to start paying for repairs hence have taken the matter into my hands to get both a stabilizer and surge protector as constant stable electricity is a Nigerian pipe dream.

1 Like

Re: Opinion On Using Stabilizer On LED TV And Home Theater by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 14, 2016
You can use stabilizer if you do experience low voltage. UPS will give you power backup for few minutes in the event of power loss from the Utility coy. Good UPS also has inbuilt surge suppressor, so you don't need to buy another power surge suppressor.
Based on your case, if the TV Guide is original (surge suppressing capability), just buy Original stabilizer to connect to the Tv guard.
Periodically check the output of the stabilizer to know when the stabilizer is faulty. Sometimes, faulty stabilizers can give out output excess to the rated voltage of 220v without the user being aware of it. This can damage electronics devices.

3 Likes

Re: Opinion On Using Stabilizer On LED TV And Home Theater by admindim: 2:19pm On Mar 14, 2016
we deal in sales of ups 650ups will cost u 7,000naira we also 1200,15000watts other service are repair of ups,rechargeablefa,inverter n and sales all our product comes with warranty inquiry 08166117634 or visit repairelectronics.com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Huawei Mate 20 Pro (SOLD) / Promo! Promo!! Promo!!! Swift 4G Wifi Internet Modem / How To Unlock Your 3g Modem & Browse Universal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.