Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty (916 Views)

Corruption And The Audacity Of Patience Goodluck - By Gbenro Olajuyigbe / This Picture Says A Lot About Buhari's Fight Against Corruption / Nigerian Troops Fighting Against Boko Haram Exposed To Unnecessary Danger? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by NaijaBeats(m): 5:31pm On Mar 13, 2016

Buhari Is Against Corruption And Increasing Poverty - HyperSmart.
Though am not into politics but am into media / publication, apart from that i and you can see how things are going on right now in the country.
Pmb is realy against corruption and embezzlement, he is trying on that as people refund looted funds day by day.
But as this money are refunded, they are holding the money and its realy affecting the country, economically and financially. hunger everywhere , scarcity , strike , devaluation in money and thats the worst part beceause its affecting us economically, even bloggers / online investors.
please we want something to be done about this because hunger is not a friend of the body, even when that the country is okay we still see people burgling houses, what of now that the country is otherwise ??
this content is written by hypesng.
http://www.HypesNG.com/buhari-is-against-corruption-and-increasing-poverty.html
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by Tunami(m): 5:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
the poverty rate no be here oo.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by tsephanyah(f): 5:35pm On Mar 13, 2016
buhari is sick from brain to toe and those who believe he knows what he is doing, like slow and steady blah blah, need physiological evaluation and medicine. pronto
Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by divinehand2003(m): 5:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
tsephanyah:
buhari is sick from brain to toe and those who believe he knows what he is doing, like slow and steady blah blah, need physiological evaluation and medicine. pronto

That's not true. It's just so unfortunate many of you believe that Buhari was the author or cause of this present abysmal performance of the federal government or the low economic indices we are facing in this country at the moment.
This problem of this country dates back to OBJ and beyond. OBJ had a chance to revamp our economy back then but he was more interested in Sharp practices e.g fuel importation rather than building new refineries, wasteful expenditure on power amounting to over $16 billion without having light in our homes etc.
Of course Oga Jonathan did not help matters because he was CLUELESS.
Buhari has taken over but at the wrong Time when crude oil has slumped to an all time low, there is no money to work with right now. I think he is just CONFUSED at the amount of trouble our economy is facing at present.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by tsephanyah(f): 6:20pm On Mar 13, 2016
divinehand2003:

That's not true. It's just so unfortunate many of you believe that Buhari was the author or cause of this present abysmal performance of the federal government or the low economic indices we are facing in this country at the moment.
This problem of this country dates back to OBJ and beyond. OBJ had a chance to revamp our economy back then but he was more interested in Sharp practices e.g fuel importation rather than building new refineries, wasteful expenditure on power amounting to over $16 billion without having light in our homes etc.
Of course Oga Jonathan did not help matters because he was CLUELESS.
Buhari has taken over but at the wrong Time when crude oil has slumped to an all time low, there is no money to work with right now. I think he is just CONFUSED at the amount of trouble our economy is facing at present.
CONFUSED; really that's how Jonathan became CLUELESS, then from CONFUSED to clueless, buhari has already passed tru confused stage and clueless he is in stage.........? can anybody help me to define buhari's condition?
Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 13, 2016
tsephanyah:

b w/o b

go figure it out
Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 13, 2016
once Budget is passed, things will improve. we will start seeing significant improvement by October.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by divinehand2003(m): 10:25pm On Mar 13, 2016
tsephanyah:
CONFUSED; really that's how Jonathan became CLUELESS, then from CONFUSED to clueless, buhari has already passed tru confused stage and clueless he is in stage.........? can anybody help me to define buhari's condition?

Lol
Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 13, 2016
Two years into the Obama Presidency, Unemployment rate keeps rising. It was not until the third year before the economy turn a corner.
It is easier and quicker to destroy than to re build.
It has to get worse before it gets better. It is the nature of economic restructuring and recovery. Nigeria shall be great again.

http://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000000

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2008 5.0 4.9 5.1 5.0 5.4 5.6 5.8 6.1 6.1 6.5 6.8 7.3
2009 7.8 8.3 8.7 9.0 9.4 9.5 9.5 9.6 9.8 10.0 9.9 9.9
2010 9.8 9.8 9.9 9.9 9.6 9.4 9.4 9.5 9.5 9.4 9.8 9.3
2011 9.1 9.0 9.0 9.1 9.0 9.1 9.0 9.0 9.0 8.8 8.6 8.5
2012 8.3 8.3 8.2 8.2 8.2 8.2 8.2 8.1 7.8 7.8 7.7 7.9
2013 8.0 7.7 7.5 7.6 7.5 7.5 7.3 7.3 7.3 7.2 6.9 6.7
2014 6.6 6.7 6.7 6.2 6.2 6.1 6.2 6.2 6.0 5.7 5.8 5.6
2015 5.7 5.5 5.5 5.4 5.5 5.3 5.3 5.1 5.1 5.0 5.0 5.0
2016 4.9 4.9
Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by dazdilijae(m): 11:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
deji15:
Two years into the Obama Presidency, Unemployment rate keeps rising. It was not until the third year before the economy turn a corner.
It is easier and quicker to destroy than to re build.
It has to get worse before it gets better. It is the nature of economic restructuring and recovery. Nigeria shall be great again.
I personally don't like it when pple use. The line of it wld get worse before it gets better
PMB n co said. They knew things were bad and told us 2 put them in charge which majority of nigerians did because they didn't want things to get worse.
Wen a car is faulty you don't destroy itt before fixing it unless you don't know what you are doing by (trial n error) at thhe expense of the people who put their fate in you?
As @ may 2015 things were not this bad @least a bag of rice was N7k now it's close to N15K let's say importation due to dollar caused what would you also say same 4 maize? A bag of maize now is N810

How worse can it get before getting better? While unemployment soured during Obama. Their social welfare schemes took care of the very poor what is in place here for you to dare compare.

Please let's all stop partisan or tribalism in our reasoning as the economy is beating on each and every1. Let criticise constructively
Unless u belong to the few who are presently eating the 6.5Tr 2015 budget yam. (for all I know nothing apart from salaries of worker has been done with that money) and by 31st March it's officially spent/shared/chopped/ we would b looking @ d new 2016 6Tr budget yam
Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by banki(m): 11:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
dazdilijae:

I personally don't like it when pple use. The line of it wld get worse before it gets better
PMB n co said. They knew things were bad and told us 2 put them in charge which majority of nigerians did because they didn't want things to get worse.
We a car is faulty you don't destroy it. Before fixing it unless you don't know what you are. Doing so you try different things till you get lucky (trial n error) at thhe expense of the people who put their fate in you?
As @ may 2015 things were not this bad @least a bag of. Rice was 7k now it's close to 15K let's say importation due to dollar caused that would you also say same 4 maize? A bag of maize now is N810
How worse can it get before getting better? While unemployment soured during Obama. Their social welfare schemes took care of the very poor what is in place here for you to dare compare.
Please let's all stop partisan or tribalism in our reasoning as the economy is beating on each and every1.
Unless u belong to the few who are presently eating the 6.5Tr 2015 budget yam. (for all I know nothing apart from salaries of worker has been done with that money) and by 31st March it's officially spent/shared/chopped/ we would b looking @ d new 2016 6Tr budget yam

Let's start this way....
Do you produce rice?
If you don't I guess you prefer imported rice?
Well mr president wants us to start producing locally and consuming locally that's the only way our economy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by dazdilijae(m): 11:48pm On Mar 13, 2016
banki:

Let's start this way....
Do you produce rice?
If you don't I guess you prefer imported rice?
Well mr president wants us to start producing locally and consuming locally that's the only way our economy

Is Mr president eating local rice? Or gucci rice from his budget plans so should his citizen suffer? You don't kill a cancer by cutting off every organ it affects rather you treat it while putting some palliative measures.

Then let's get to the other do we also import maize? Or what's the excuse 4 d increase in that? Maybe fuel scarcity the ecomomy is failing from lack of know how so let's face it and speak up b4 it get hopeless
Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by Nobody: 3:38am On Mar 14, 2016
dazdilijae:

Wen a car is faulty you don't destroy itt before fixing it unless you don't know what you are doing by (trial n error) at thhe expense of the people who put their fate in you?
As @ may 2015 things were not this bad @least a bag of rice was N7k now it's close to N15K let's say importation due to dollar caused what would you also say same 4 maize? A bag of maize now is N810

Please let's all stop partisan or tribalism in our reasoning as the economy is beating on each and every1. Let criticise constructively

The truth they say is bitter. Oil which earns Nigeria her major foreign income has lost about 70% of its value in the last few years.
Like I wrote earlier, this is the nature of economic restructuring and recovery. Nigeria shall be great again.

Diversification of the economy is not a day's job. It is something that will take time.

Average yearly crude oil prices 2010 to 2016
2010 = $ 77.38 / barrel
2011 = $107.46 / barrel
2012 = $109.45 / barrel
2013 = $ 105.87 / barrel
2014 = $ 96.29 / barrel
2015 = $ 49.51 / barrel
2016 = $ 26.5 / barrel - 2 months average

Foreign Reserve
May 2011=$65b
May 2015=$30b
Foreign debt
MAY 2011:;;$35 billion,in 2010,
MAY 2015:: $63 billion dollars in 2015..

Algeria was able to save over $160 billion dollars in the past few years from oil sales..
Shame on those who put Nigeria in this mess. They sold oil for over 100 dollars per barrel, borrowed more money with nothing to show for it

1 Like

Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by BaddieKay(f): 6:23am On Mar 14, 2016
*YAWNS*
Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by blackpanda: 6:32am On Mar 14, 2016
Lolz...they should share the money and give you or what my dear that regime is long gone. No more free money!

Some people's idea of change is that its now their turn to "chop". Well you need a mind reset. Those monies recovered are not for sharing. First of all, the cases are still in court, so without judgement the monies cant be touched. But even apart from that, the monies will be applied to the initial reason they were assigned:i.e building infrastructure. So if you are still hoping for free money, now is the time to relocate to cameroun! grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by kolaaderin: 7:07am On Mar 14, 2016
dazdilijae:

When the engine is bad beyond repair, u grand the car completely and change the engine that is the phase we are now. Previous government have been using the engine without services nor major turning, now it's time of change wait for the outcome and stop ranting

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by dazdilijae(m): 8:00am On Mar 14, 2016
kolaaderin:

When the engine is bad beyond repair, u grand the car completely and change the engine that is the phase we are now. Previous government have been using the engine without services nor major turning, now it's time of change wait for the outcome and stop ranting

Most everything be lies and propaganda? Which engine is beyond repair? As we speak the FG claims it generated over 3Tr in the TSA for just haow many months of this year? Is the country not making money? Why is the same govt nt implementing the 2015 budget?
All the lies of empty treasury has end now it's repair? Can't truly face the facts on ground? GEJ budgeted 4.5Tr for 2015 PMB added another 2Tr as supplementary making 6.5Tr yet nothing is happening all we hear is 2016 budget has nt been passed which ofcos is another 6.3Tr.
We have an adage in my place "from the smell of the fart you would know what to expect from the poo"
With nothing to show for the 6.5Tr of 2015 what is being repaired?
Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by dazdilijae(m): 8:20am On Mar 14, 2016
deji15:

The truth they say is bitter. Oil which earns Nigeria her major foreign income has lost about 60% of its value in the last few years.
Like I wrote earlier, this is the nature of economic restructuring and recovery. Nigeria shall be great again.

Diversification of the economy is not a day's job. It is something that will take time.

Average yearly crude oil prices 2010 to 2016
2010 = $ 77.38 / barrel
2011 = $107.46 / barrel
2012 = $109.45 / barrel
2013 = $ 105.87 / barrel
2014 = $ 96.29 / barrel
2015 = $ 49.51 / barrel
2016 = $ 26.5 / barrel - 2 months average

Foreign Reserve
May 2011=$65b
May 2015=$30b
Foreign debt
MAY 2011:;;$35 billion,in 2010,
MAY 2015:: $63 billion dollars in 2015..

Algeria was able to save over $160 billion dollars in the past few years from oil sales..
Shame on those who put Nigeria in this mess. They sold oil for over 100 dollars per barrel, borrowed more money with nothing to show for it

You smartly avoided my simple questions and talked of issues not important @ the moment.
What has all these got to do with the prize of maize in the market? Pls explain why maize has risen from N3500 in 2015 to N8100 in 2016 and still increasing?
How does all the analysis affect the prize of food stuffs in our local economy?
Talking of not doing anything with revenue generated pls has been done by this govt with what it inherited and generated so far? The 6.5Tr budget 4 2015 (appropriation & supplementary) please name a single project carried out or being carried out with it.
Let's shun partisan stands and say the truth as it is.
This is not the expected change. The citizen don't have to die because the past govt didn't do what they should. We the masses are not the leaders of PDP the APC govt is probing/ fighting/ victimising...
What exactly is the govt doing 2day foe you to call diversification?
Re: Buhari Is Fighting Against Corruption And Increasing The Rate Of Poverty by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 14, 2016
dazdilijae:

You smartly avoided my simple questions and talked of issues not important @ the moment.
What has all these got to do with the prize of maize in the market? Pls explain why maize has risen from N3500 in 2015 to N8100 in 2016 and still increasing?
How does all the analysis affect the prize of food stuffs in our local economy?
Talking of not doing anything with revenue generated pls has been done by this govt with what it inherited and generated so far? The 6.5Tr budget 4 2015 (appropriation & supplementary) please name a single project carried out or being carried out with it.
Let's shun partisan stands and say the truth as it is.
This is not the expected change. The citizen don't have to die because the past govt didn't do what they should. We the masses are not the leaders of PDP the APC govt is probing/ fighting/ victimising...
What exactly is the govt doing 2day foe you to call diversification?

To you the above figures are not important, or relevant. To me it explains why we find ourselves where we are today. The last administration was already borrowing to pay civil servants salary. It was that bad and that Govt was that reckless despite the huge earnings from oil.
Which 6.5trillion in 2015? Are you aware how much of the oil subsidy arrears from past Govt that this current administration has to pay before marketers will agree to supply new fuel? This dates as far back as 2014. Put your figures against mine. I don't just quote figure anyhow. They are verifiable. Diversification is mid term / long term in nature. There are cash crops that takes years to grow before they start to yield the results. Same thing with solid minerals. You have to grant the license and then look for buyers in the international market. All these will take years to achieve. Nigeria including yourself is used to importation thereby not prepared for the current situation. The Govt has banned some items to encourage local production, you will still complain. The option is yours either to wail or to wake up and smell the coffee. Complaining is not the solution. I am sure you too can farm to increase the production of maize. Like somebody tried to explain to you earlier. You were formerly earning 100 naira / month and now your income has reduced to 25 naira. How do you hope to sustain your previous lifestyle without doing some adjustment?

(1) (Reply)

Stop This Hypocrisy, Be Principled / Chibok Girls Were Raped, Used As Sex Slaves … – Ex-high Commissioner To Nigeria / Final Burial Rites For PDP In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.