Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. (1957 Views)

15 Things Buhari Is Doing To Cut Down Cost Of Governance By Lauretta Onochie / Omojuwa: The Difference Between Lagos And Ekiti In Terms Of Governance / ‘stop Making Mockery Of Governance’ PDP Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by EastanPower(m): 7:22pm On Mar 13, 2016
Fashola has increased electricity tarrif and informed us that this was the only solution to Nigeria's power problems.

The same Fashola has requested for toll gates to be returned on our roads so that government can generate revenue.

In Nigeria today we know that many people have lost their jobs because of harsh economic circumstances. Companies continue to lay off staff. Some organisations have slashed staff salaries and even some state goverments no longer pay full salaries, they pay like 70% while others owe salaries for months. The bottom line is that the average Nigerian is earning less than before especially considering the value of the naira at this time.

How can a government be so heartless as to be collecting more money from Nigerians that now earn less? I just saw my power bill and it was crazy. This government is telling us that the only way out is to collect more money from Nigerians who now earn less? There has to be a better way of resolving this.

Fashola should be considerate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by eyeview: 7:33pm On Mar 13, 2016
Op,you forgot to add that N50 is taken by this administration for every deposit that goes into your account. So you now see that this govt was programmed to take from the people and not to give.
Fashola from inception has been known to make elitist policies,policies that will further impoverish the people while he and his cronies in power smile to the bank with people's money. His antics is to tell you that its for improved service,many will blindly buy the idea,but later you will realize that the service is not any different from what it was(that is,if it doesn't get worse).
But then again,you can't critisize this govt,if you do,they'll call you ipob. And ironically,the suffering knows no tribe.
Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by stevecantrell: 7:35pm On Mar 13, 2016
Old habits die hard. PMB goofed on this one.
Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by Tunami(m): 7:37pm On Mar 13, 2016
and when he was appointed as a minister many taught that the message has come. Messiah my foot.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by SleekMallam: 7:39pm On Mar 13, 2016
EastanPower:
Fashola has increased electricity tarrif and informed us that this was the only solution to Nigeria's power problems.

The same Fashola has requested for toll gates to be returned on our roads so that government can generate revenue.

In Nigeria today we know that many people have lost their jobs because of harsh economic circumstances. Companies continue to lay off staff. Some organisations have slashed staff salaries and even some state goverments no longer pay full salaries, they pay like 70% while others owe salaries for months. The bottom line is that the average Nigerian is earning less than before especially considering the value of the naira at this time.

How can a government be so heartless as to be collecting more money from Nigerians that now earn less? I just saw my power bill and it was crazy. This government is telling us that the only way out is to collect more money from Nigerians who now earn less? There has to be a better way of resolving this.

Fashola should be considerate.
I watched Fashola making argument for tariff increase to an Al Jazeera correspondent,he Fashola looked a shadow of himself and struggled incoherently. shame leave am con catch me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by EastanPower(m): 7:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
stevecantrell:
Old habits die hard.
PMB goofed on this one.

How can the strategy of this government be to collect more from already impoverished Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by chrixus(m): 7:40pm On Mar 13, 2016
Fashola is a man that can use this country as a collateral in a bank just to borrow money to build a 5km road, yet he will still defend his stand and you all will applaud him on the basis of a 'brillant man'... I was scared when Fashola was made the minister of three powerful ministries.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by crownwealth: 7:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
SleekMallam:

I watched Fashola making argument for tariff increase to an Al Jazeera correspondent,he Fashola looked a shadow of himself and struggled incoherently. shame leave am con catch me.

Believe me sincerely speaking, Fashola and his co-liars are regretting their past lies and propaganda against the last administration.

May they die of self-guilt.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by Kondomatic(m): 7:41pm On Mar 13, 2016
When nepa came for their February bill, I paid and told them disconnect my line because there's no need paying when you don't see light.
Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by EastanPower(m): 7:42pm On Mar 13, 2016
SleekMallam:

Fashola has been demystified. His strategy is to collect more from the poor and nothing more.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by Nobody: 7:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
grin
arresa say chumchin
Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by EastanPower(m): 7:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
Kondomatic:
When nepa came for their February bill, I paid and told them disconnect my line because there's no need paying when you don't see light.

When I saw my Feb bill I was speechless.
Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by crownwealth: 7:43pm On Mar 13, 2016
chrixus:
Fashola is a man that can use this country as a collateral in a bank just to borrow money to build a 5km road, yet he will still defend his stand and you all will applaud him on the basis of a 'brillant man'... I was scared when Fashola was made the minister of three powerful ministries.

Fashola is a complete fraudster.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by EastanPower(m): 7:44pm On Mar 13, 2016
Lalasticlala & Dominique.
Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by stevecantrell: 7:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
EastanPower:

How can the strategy of this government be to collect more from already impoverished Nigerian?

It has never been PMB's strategy...95% of his ministers were wrongly selected. That is the problem.

PMB ministers will bring down his govt.

I mean have you listened to his information minister, lately ?

5 Likes

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 13, 2016
increasing tariff for electricity wasn't the way to go. there are millions of electricity users who don't have meters and don't pay a dime for the electricity they consume. one would have thought minister fashola would have started from there.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by seunmsg(m): 7:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
EastanPower:
Fashola has increased electricity tarrif and informed us that this was the only solution to Nigeria's power problems..

You can still make your point without lying. Provide a link where Fashola said increasing tariff is the ONLY solution to Nigeria's power problems.
Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by crownwealth: 7:46pm On Mar 13, 2016
angels09:
grin
arresa say chumchin

Wait and see... his only response is "IPOD and Village touts.." grin
Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by crownwealth: 7:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
seunmsg:

You can still make your point without lying. Provide a link where Fashola said increasing tariff is the ONLY solution to Nigeria's power problems.

Are you not a Nigerian ?

Google is your friend.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by EastanPower(m): 7:47pm On Mar 13, 2016
crownwealth:

Fashola is a complete fraudster.

People say he worked in Lagos when he was the Governor but the truth is that if you put together monthly allocation from the FG+huge Lagos monthly IGR+huge foregin & local loans collected by Lagos state under Fashola then you discover that he ought to have done much better.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by EastanPower(m): 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
seunmsg:

Stop being silly, it's all semantics. There are many ways to say the same thing.

If he didn't consider it the only way why did he adopt it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by crownwealth: 7:51pm On Mar 13, 2016
EastanPower:

People say he worked in Lagos when he was the Governor but the truth is that if you put together monthly allocation from the FG+huge Lagos monthly IGR+huge foregin & local loans collected by Lagos state under Fashola then you discover that he ought to have done much better.

Nothing good is in Fashola than being a stooge to the capitalist in depriving the poor masses to satisfy his masters.

Shame on MBuhari and APC govt. (Everything now scatter-scatter) embarassed
Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by stevecantrell: 7:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
EastanPower:

Fashola has been demystified. His strategy is to collect more from the poor and nothing more.

I hope more of these over-hyped, insincere politicians will be demystified as time goes on. There are many more of them. Nigeria will be better off for it on the long run.
Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by SleekMallam: 7:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
EastanPower:

Fashola is just like the normal Nigerian politician. just that the Lagos/ibadan expressway press did a great job to mask him up. Nothing new, nothing special, same ol thinking pattern. Fashola has always been a piper politician.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by Igwe9(m): 7:53pm On Mar 13, 2016
What else did you expect from the man that used okada people to campaign and banned their operation afterwards, built road with tax payers' money and turned to tax them on the same road. All his policies in Lagos States then were anti people and now has carried it to the national level, in as much we know that all lawyers are going to struggle to make heaven, it seems fashola own is irredemable as the number of poor people cursing him has increased from the deportees to the jobless okada men, shop owners, energy consumers that pay much for less and so on, soon, the road accident victim will join in 4 yrs time if he remains the minister.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by crownwealth: 7:57pm On Mar 13, 2016
Igwe9:
What else did you expect from the man that used okada people to campaign and banned their operation afterwards, built road with tax payers' money and turedn to tax them on the same raid. All his policies in Lagos States then were anti people and now has carried it to the national level, in as much we know that all lawyers are going to struggle to make heaven, it seems fashola own is irredemable as the number of poor people cursing him has increased from the deportees to the jobless okada men, shop owners, energy consumers that pay much for less and so on, soon, the road accident victim will join in 4 yes time of he remains the minister.

I presumed, he might die of curse including those sharing from the cursed wealth. embarassed
Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by stevecantrell: 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
SleekMallam:

Your eyes simply cleared. That's all.
Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by SleekMallam: 7:58pm On Mar 13, 2016
crownwealth:

Believe me sincerely speaking, Fashola and his co-liars are regretting their past lies and propaganda against the last administration.

Role reversals is one of the universal laws I cherish to behold it's unfolding.

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by Zeek21(m): 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
What works in may not necessarily work for Nigeria. The difference is one is a state and the other is a country.
Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by Ahmeduana(m): 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
crownwealth:

AMEEENNNNN!

1 Like

Re: Fashola's Flawed Idea Of Governance. by SleekMallam: 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2016
stevecantrell:

Your eyes simply cleared. That's all.
Allahu Arkbar.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: Pdp's Local Gov Chieftain Begging Army For Forgiveness(video) / ** / Buhari Can’t Deliver 10,000 Mw –NLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.