Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Even Logic Invalidates Atheism - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Even Logic Invalidates Atheism (1248 Views)

Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by asalimpo(m): 12:27am On Mar 14, 2016
Atheist claim that there's no God or gods.
They say "prove him" i.e provide physical evidence of His existence.

So, assuming there's no God.
Then, It would follow that Life is all physical.
Then, the bible would be a myth.
It would be a man made book full of lies.

Any evidence, invalidating the theory that life is only physical would
shatter atheism foundation.

Because, if it proves that life is not only physical, all kind of possibilities open up.

Then cracks in atheism's foundation appear that could turn atheistic logic on its head.

Elevating the speculation that "there's no God or gods" to the height of a fact ,
requires nothing other than the fact that all life phenomena are irrefutably physical in nature and
can be explained physically.
But this is not the case.

Here's are irrefutable laws:
gravity - gravity is a force acting on all objects on earth.
This is a law. A physical law. It is irrefutable.
It is consistent and universal.
Because it is consistent and universal , plans can
be made on it. Trusting it to always work.
And so far it has.

men can't get pregnant - this is a law.
It is universal, and consistent.
Plans can be made on it.
The counter example ,to disprove it dont exist.
They are no frequent counter examples to this law.

if they were counter cases to the two above laws, then they wouldnt be absolute.
they wouldnt be universal.
if for example men could get pregnant, then no one would be able to claim,
that only men could concieve. Every one would have to admit that when it comes to conception,
men and women do concieve.

if gravity had areas or objects on earth it wasnt operating upon,
then absolute statements about gravity would be false.

In the same vein, if they are counter statements disproving that life is all physical,
then atheisms main claim would be false.

They are many reported /documented occurences that defy physical explanation, hence
life cannot be physical only. therefore, there's more to life than the physical hence atheism is false.
And just a notion.

3 Likes

Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by bigt2(m): 12:37am On Mar 14, 2016
God's not dead.

1 Like

Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by asalimpo(m): 12:52am On Mar 14, 2016
some examples that do raise questions about the physical view being the absolute view of life.

1) guts/instinct.
------------------
pre science etc. Call it what you may. Instinct, the ability to sense a future event,
and in some cases predict them defies all physical laws. Why?
Because, to be explained physically, the person would have to be living ahead of time.
Go into the future, experience the event then return (assuming its non fatal ).
Nostradamus made many predictions that were spot on. How can that be explained from a physical
viewpoint, without stretching things.

2) physically impossible feats
-----------------------------------
A monk who drills his head with a powerful electric drill and is unhurt.
A man who starts a fire by simply concentrating his hands on an object.

Physically, these are impossible but they've been demonstrated.
From a physical viewpoint, the toughness of the skin would crack up under a drill.
If one wants to throw in the "power of the mind stuff", note that the mind is just a physical
organ with chemicals firing off in the brain. It is nothing but a chemical process.
Thoughts and will are chemical reactions in the brain.
So what chemical reaction, when fired up, could make the skin,bone so dense and powerful,
it becomes tougher than steel ?
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:45am On Mar 14, 2016
Why do religious people have tiny brains?
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by HCpaul(m): 11:01am On Mar 14, 2016
AlfaSeltzer:
Why do religious people have tiny brains?
Why do unreligious people have big but deluded mentality.

God does'nt exist--- PROVE IT.

Until you are able to define existence, you are giving up to a reprobate mind.
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:58am On Mar 14, 2016
HCpaul:

Why do unreligious people have big but deluded mentality.

God does'nt exist--- PROVE IT.

Until you are able to define existence, you are giving up to a reprobate mind.

FSM doesn't exist--- PROVE IT.
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by Weah96: 1:11pm On Mar 14, 2016
You don't understand the argument against your position. Could have saved you some time.

The universe has a beginning. If you don't like the word beginning, and prefer to use god, that's your business.

Now, can you prove to me that the beginning of the universe, abi, god, speaks to you? Can you prove to me that the beginning of the universe commissioned a book?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by lepasharon(f): 1:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
If life is not only physical. How does that prove god?
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by tonie123: 4:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
Weah96:
You don't understand the argument against your position. Could have saved you some time.

The universe has a beginning. If you don't like the word beginning, and prefer to use god, that's your business.

Now, can you prove to me that the beginning of the universe, abi, god, speaks to you? Can you prove to me that the beginning of the universe commissioned a book?

Yes sir, the prove are written in the book, if you read with your eyes and mind open, you will see.

I hear from God directly!!!
We've heard of prophet of God,

You can say we hear from evil spirit, that ok!!

Anything that has a "bad version" must also have a "good version" somewhere.

"Bad"wouldn't exist if there is no "Good"

If there are "evil spirits" then there are "good spirits" somewhere, and we call them angels....

If there is a leader of the "evil spirit" there is a leader of the good ones and we call him Jehovah or God (depending on your understanding of him)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by Weah96: 4:35pm On Mar 14, 2016
tonie123:

Yes sir, the prove are written in the book, if you read with your eyes and mind open, you will see.

I hear from God directly!!!
We've heard of prophet of God,

You can say we hear from evil spirit, that ok!!

Anything that has a "bad version" must also have a "good version" somewhere.

"Bad"wouldn't exist if there is no "Good"

If there are "evil spirits" then there are "good spirits" somewhere, and we call them angels....

If there is a leader of the "evil spirit" there is a leader of the good ones and we call him Jehovah or God (depending on your understanding of him)

Good. I've been waiting for you. Can you send a message to your deity for me?

BTW, when was your last direct conversation with the thing that started the universe?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by tonie123: 4:40pm On Mar 14, 2016
Weah96:

Good. I've been waiting for you. Can you send a message to your deity for me?

BTW, when was your last direct conversation with the thing that started the universe?

Waiting for me? Do you know me before now?

Last conversation, was this morning..... when I woke up.

If you have a message for him, he too has a message for you..... if a thing of personal experience now, build a personal relationship with him and you can exchange messages for free, no airtime needed...

Lol
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by Weah96: 4:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
tonie123:

Waiting for me? Do you know me before now?

Last conversation, was this morning..... when I woke up.

If you have a message for him, he too has a message for you..... if a thing of personal experience now, build a personal relationship with him and you can exchange messages for free, no airtime needed...

Lol

Tell the thing to call me. Can you do that or is it too much to ask?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by CoolUsername: 5:01pm On Mar 14, 2016
asalimpo:
Then, the bible would be a myth.
It would be a man made book full of lies.

Actually, whether God exists or not, the Bible is most likely a man-made book full of lies

asalimpo:

Any evidence, invalidating the theory that life is only physical would
shatter atheism foundation.

Not necessarily, there are 'spiritual atheists' who believe in the supernatural. But yes, it would make me thoroughly rethink my stance. May I venture to ask what would make you rethink yours?

asalimpo:

They are many reported /documented occurences that defy physical explanation, hence
life cannot be physical only. therefore, there's more to life than the physical hence atheism is false.
And just a notion.

Thank you for the wording here. You said 'reported' and 'documented' occurences. Now can predictions be made with these anecdotes? Are there expected values to be gleaned from the supernatural. Science (ideally) presents clear evidence and 100% honesty in it's findings, while the supernatural is always shrouded on mysticism (no one wants to tell you their 'secret technique'), and you know who else does that?

A magician.

Criss-angels has walked on water, sawed a woman in half without killing her, while the severed legs walked about, and slit his throat. We can't always explain his secrets due to limited evidence but he doesn't claim that they're supernatural. In fact, he writes books to reveal them much later.

So, if people can perform supernatural feats and are 100% sure that these feats are actually supernatural, then they should document their process to the bare bones so that the layman can understand it.

PS: Emphasis on my question: if anything, what can make you rethink your views?
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by tonie123: 5:15pm On Mar 14, 2016
Weah96:

Tell the thing to call me. Can you do that or is it too much to ask?

What's "tell the thing to call me"? I don't get
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by Weah96: 5:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
tonie123:

What's "tell the thing to call me"? I don't get

The thing you talk to, tell it to call me on my head phone. Hahaha. I meant the phone in my head.
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by tonie123: 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2016
Weah96:

The thing you talk to, tell it to call me on my head phone. Hahaha. I meant the phone in my head.

You are deaf and blind spiritually..... no be curse, lol

Even if they call, you no go hear the ring tone....lol
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by Weah96: 5:32pm On Mar 14, 2016
tonie123:

You are deaf and blind spiritually..... no be curse, lol

Even if they call, you no go hear the ring tone....lol

Here we go again. I've read the Bible stories. Humans were hearing the thing with normal ears and eyes. In Nigeria, humans need spirit ears and eyes. Na wa oh? I tire.
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by CoolUsername: 5:35pm On Mar 14, 2016
asalimpo:
some examples that do raise questions about the physical view being the absolute view of life.

1) guts/instinct.
------------------
pre science etc. Call it what you may. Instinct, the ability to sense a future event,
and in some cases predict them defies all physical laws. Why?
Because, to be explained physically, the person would have to be living ahead of time.

But instinct is nothing more than a function of the brain. Or can you say that instinct is never wrong? Is it 100% accurate?

asalimpo:
Go into the future, experience the event then return (assuming its non fatal ).
Nostradamus made many predictions that were spot on. How can that be explained from a physical
viewpoint, without stretching things.

Nostradamus made predictions that were 'fulfilled' 100s of years late
r. Right now I can make a vaguely worded 'prediction' and if given enough time, then something can be rationalized to be the fulfillment of that 'prophecy'. Here goes:

"Deep in the recesses of the concrete jungle, rivers of fire will consume life, darkening the skies and consuming the sun for a time. Man, woman, child, and beast would perish" -CoolUsername

Now that is just fancy talk for a volcanic eruption or probably a forest fire.

asalimpo:

2) physically impossible feats
-----------------------------------
A monk who drills his head with a powerful electric drill and is unhurt.
A man who starts a fire by simply concentrating his hands on an object.

I've talked about magicians who make you see only what they want you see. Since these men are the performers in a sense, the audience only gets a limited amount of information from each act. If all facts are given to us, there would most likely be an explanation.

As the old saying (which I totally made up) goes:
"Absence make the heart grow fonder.
Mystique makes the mind go yonder and wander."

asalimpo:
Physically, these are impossible but they've been demonstrated.
From a physical viewpoint, the toughness of the skin would crack up under a drill.
If one wants to throw in the "power of the mind stuff", note that the mind is just a physical
organ with chemicals firing off in the brain. It is nothing but a chemical process.
Thoughts and will are chemical reactions in the brain.
So what chemical reaction, when fired up, could make the skin,bone so dense and powerful,
it becomes tougher than steel ?

Now let's employ a bit of logic, if these men are indeed using supernatural powers to perform these feats, then that raises a few questions, how can supernatural energy, fill a physical space or interact with physical energy or matter? For example concentrating to ignite an object would require 'super' energy to create an exothermic reaction.

From chemistry, exothermic reactions give off heat to the surroundings, heat is a form of physical energy, so would it be safe to say that fire is a medium for converting supernatural energy to physical energy? If so, then why do all combustion obey the law of conservation of energy? An undetectable energy source should theoretically cause an imbalance in the enthalpy, right? But we just don't see that.

EDIT: Grammar x Formatting
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by tonie123: 6:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
Weah96:

Here we go again. I've read the Bible stories. Humans were hearing the thing with normal ears and eyes. In Nigeria, humans need spirit ears and eyes. Na wa oh? I tire.

Where in the bible was it written? Lol

If you are not tuned in the frequency, you wouldn't hear the message from the other end.

As simple as that.... if you honesty strive to build a relationship with him, you will naturally be tuned in as easy as that.
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by asalimpo(m): 11:30pm On Mar 14, 2016
lepasharon:
If life is not only physical. How does that prove god?
It disproves atheism.
And provides very compelling grounds for proving God.
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by lepasharon(f): 11:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
asalimpo:

It disproves atheism.
And provides very compelling grounds for proving God.

How?
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by asalimpo(m): 11:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
CoolUsername:

But instinct is nothing more than a function of the brain. Or can you say that instinct is never wrong? Is it 100% accurate?

Nostradamus made predictions that were 'fulfilled' 100s of years late
r. Right now I can make a vaguely worded 'prediction' and if given enough time, then something can be rationalized to be the fulfillment of that 'prophecy'. Here goes:

"Deep in the recesses of the concrete jungle, rivers of fire will consume life, darkening the skies and consuming the sun for a time. Man, woman, child, and beast would perish" -CoolUsername

Now that is just fancy talk for a volcanic eruption or probably a forest fire.

I've talked about magicians who make you see only what they want you see. Since these men are the performers in a sense, the audience only gets a limited amount of information from each act. If all facts are given to us, there would most likely be an explanation.

As the old saying (which I totally made up) goes:
"Absence make the heart grow fonder.
Mystique makes the mind go yonder and wander."

Now let's employ a bit of logic, if these men are indeed using supernatural powers to perform these feats, then that raises a few questions, how can supernatural energy, fill a physical space or interact with physical energy or matter? For example concentrating to ignite an object would require 'super' energy to create an exothermic reaction.

From chemistry, exothermic reactions give off heat to the surroundings, heat is a form of physical energy, so would it be safe to say that fire is a medium for converting supernatural energy to physical energy? If so, then why do all combustion obey the law of conservation of energy? An undetectable energy source should theoretically cause an imbalance in the enthalpy, right? But we just don't see that.

EDIT: Grammar x Formatting

if instincts are only brain functions, then no premonitions or fore knowing would occur.
Anything that hints to the future from the present ,accurately , would never and can never be explained
by creatures living in real time only.
And by hint, i dont mean, conjectures made from analysing past data/records.
While they're fake and false instances. They are real documented instances that defy science/logic.

If nostradamus predictions were all vague ,they wouldnt spark so much interests and controversy as they have. Some of his predictions were uncannily accurate.

When you say magicians, you are putting a twist on things.
You are asserting and classifying all para-normal occurences as frauds.
You are also dismissing the credibility and insulting the intelligence of reporters of those phenomena-
sorry, even this technique is biased and wrong.

To your last question,
look at it in this light. The supernatural/spiritual simply is a higher level than the physical.
Trying to 'reason' logically about occurences from that realm with human logic can fail sometimes.
Because, there arena's where logic fail.

How can an axe head float?
How can a man walk on water?
How can a tree die after being spoken to?
How can a man ascend upwards , defying gravity?
How can certified dead people come back to life?

millenia after these events, science can't still answer these questions.
Writing all these off as hogwash, is actually unscientific. And therefore illogical.
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by asalimpo(m): 12:00am On Mar 15, 2016
lepasharon:

How?
Atheism, the kind that uses reason and intellect to defend itself, is built on the premise that
the physical world is all there is?
and the only way to ascertain truth is by verifying a claim by the senses or logic (e.g in the case of mathematics).
Based on these, take away, the foundation of atheism or crack it and it crumbles.
So many corollaries crop up.

If life isnt physical only?
then, a) there may be another dimension
b) they maybe beings and entities that cannot be verified or contacted physically?
c) which is the higher dimension?
d) how can beings from that dimension be contacted?
e) is death the end? or do we just slip into the other dimension (the unseen realm)
f) if death isnt the end, then when we slip into the other dimension, we are slipping into the
super dimension,since the super set contains the subset and not the other way round.
etc
All these questions arise if physical life isnt all the life there is?
And of course these questions lead to deeper questions on God.

Not to mention, that a lot of things that dont make sense, when viewed from a physical perpective only,
begin to make sense when viewed from a spiritual perspective. The chips begin to fall into place.
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by CoolUsername: 12:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
asalimpo:

if instincts are only brain functions, then no premonitions or fore knowing would occur.
Anything that hints to the future from the present ,accurately , would never and can never be explained
by creatures living in real time only.
And by hint, i dont mean, conjectures made from analysing past data/records.
While they're fake and false instances. They are real documented instances that defy science/logic.

You'll need to cite some sources of clearly worded predictions with a reasonable time frame that were fulfilled.

asalimpo:
If nostradamus predictions were all vague ,they wouldnt spark so much interests and controversy as they have. Some of his predictions were uncannily accurate.

They are vague because he speaks in generic 'metaphors' without giving accurate time frames of when the predicted events would occur. They have only sparked so much interest among people who chose to believe.

asalimpo:

When you say magicians, you are putting a twist on things.
You are asserting and classifying all para-normal occurences as frauds.
You are also dismissing the credibility and insulting the intelligence of reporters of those phenomena-
sorry, even this technique is biased and wrong.

I am not calling all of them frauds, I'm calling them mysterious. I'm calling them mysterious in the sense that not all the information is made available to the public. Therefore people fill up these gaps with the supernatural explanations.

Now, THAT is biased and wrong because the scientific method has expected properties, can be used to make predictions and lastly, has been successful with it. On the other hand, the supernatural is yet to affect the world in any meaningful manner.

asalimpo:

To your last question,
look at it in this light. The supernatural/spiritual simply is a higher level than the physical.
Trying to 'reason' logically about occurences from that realm with human logic can fail sometimes.
Because, there arena's where logic fail.

How can an axe head float?
How can a man walk on water?
How can a tree die after being spoken to?
How can a man ascend upwards , defying gravity?
How can certified dead people come back to life?

millenia after these events, science can't still answer these questions.
Writing all these off as hogwash, is actually unscientific. And therefore illogical.

Once again, these stories you cited are contained within the pages of a Bronze Age book of mythology that has had several of its conjectures disproved by science (eg: Noah's Flood is quite laughable).

To use that as a source of information is biased. To pick that particular book's mythology over all the other mythology that exists is also biased.
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by asalimpo(m): 12:08am On Mar 16, 2016
CoolUsername:

You'll need to cite some sources of clearly worded predictions with a reasonable time frame that were fulfilled.

They're too many uncanny accounts of incidents of this nature.
too many. extra qualification, doesnt disprove them.

They are vague because he speaks in generic 'metaphors' without giving accurate time frames of when the predicted events would occur. They have only sparked so much interest among people who chose to believe.

Maybe , you dont know who nostradamus is. For the whole world to be enamoured with his predictions,
means they were startling enough to arrest many people's attention. Not giving accurate time frame
is just extra qualification imposed by you to water down his accounts.
The extra time frame is'nt the issue. It is that his prophecies had enough detail in them, amidst
the absence of full details on other issues, to resemble events that happend later such that
when those events occured the striking similarity with his prophecies sparked interest in his works.
I don't need to give examples, just do your research. Fraud or not, the central theme remains,
this fraud isnt possible if man is solely a physical and complex machine.

I am not calling all of them frauds, I'm calling them mysterious. I'm calling them mysterious in the sense that not all the information is made available to the public. Therefore people fill up these gaps with the supernatural explanations.

They'll never be enough qualifying information to satisfy all sceptics.
Two, accounts of these nature have been reported by many many people.
To be false, all these people have to be liars or deluded- that's stretching it.

Now, THAT is biased and wrong because the scientific method has expected properties, can be used to make predictions and lastly, has been successful with it. On the other hand, the supernatural is yet to affect the world in any meaningful manner.

Scientific methods can only verify physical phenomena. or phenomena subject to physical observation.
The supernatural doesnt need to affect the world. their merits or demerits is not the issue.
One genuine true account of supernatural encounter dismantles the assumption of science/atheism.
that's all that's needed.
The other alternative is for atheism/science to debunk all such claims as forgeries and lies.

Once again, these stories you cited are contained within the pages of a Bronze Age book of mythology that has had several of its conjectures disproved by science (eg: Noah's Flood is quite laughable).

To use that as a source of information is biased. To pick that particular book's mythology over all the other mythology that exists is also biased.

There's no biase there. The bible is well known. And its supernatural stories are well known.
The point i was making was that they're occurences that defy logic/science.
Science can only comment on the physical, when something is above the physical science becomes inadequate.
So those things disproved by science may just be science squinting at the supernatural and denying it.
Bronze age book - think again.

Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by CoolUsername: 11:20am On Mar 16, 2016
asalimpo:
They're too many uncanny accounts of
incidents of this nature.
too many. extra qualification, doesnt
disprove them.

Once again, you're making a claim without backing it up. How can I take your points seriously?

asalimpo:

Maybe , you dont know who nostradamus
is. For the whole world to be enamoured
with his predictions, means they were startling enough to arrest many people's attention. Not giving accurate time frame is just extra qualification imposed by you to water down his accounts.
The extra time frame is'nt the issue. It is
that his prophecies had enough detail in
them, amidst
the absence of full details on other issues,
to resemble events that happend later
such that
when those events occured the striking
similarity with his prophecies sparked
interest in his works.
I don't need to give examples, just do your
research. Fraud or not, the central theme
remains,
this fraud isnt possible if man is solely a
physical and complex machine.

Once again, if I say, "asalimpo, you'll hurt yourself", there's a good chance that you'll indeed hurt yourself one way or the other in your lifetime. A good prediction should be something like "asalimpo, you'll stub your small toe on your right foot before the end of the day". Now that's a prediction with that has less of a chance of being a guess if it does indeed happen.

Nostradamus has centuries at his disposal, his predictions read like poetry with enough verbal gymnastics to compensate for a wide range of events within no set time frame. That is cheating.

PS: Not giving examples makes your arguments seem like more like biased opinions.

asalimpo:

They'll never be enough qualifying
information to satisfy all sceptics.
Two, accounts of these nature have been
reported by many many people.
To be false, all these people have to be
liars or deluded- that's stretching it.

For example, you're a Christian. Don't you believe that other religions are on the 'wrong' path, but Islam alone has over half a billion followers, not to mention Jews, Hindus, or Bhuddists.

So why do you think all these people are wrong?

Furthermore, about 5 centuries ago. Everyone (or at least, a vast majority) believed that the planet was flat, weren't they all wrong?

This is a moot point.

asalimpo:

Scientific methods can only verify physical
phenomena. or phenomena subject to
physical observation.
The supernatural doesnt need to affect the
world. their merits or demerits is not the
issue.
One genuine true account of supernatural
encounter dismantles the assumption of
science/atheism.
that's all that's needed.
The other alternative is for atheism/
science to debunk all such claims as
forgeries and lies.

When a scientist makes a discovery, records of his experiments, methods are made available to his/her peers and the public for intense scrutiny. When peer-review corroborates with the scientist's findings then a general theory can be formulated. All other experiments on that theory are supposed to either prove or disprove the theory. The Lenski experiment; for example, has shown us a large number of events that further prove the theory of evolution.

If supernatural people want to be taken seriously then they should do the same. Provide all necessary information, perform supernatural feats in front of experts, break fundamental physical laws in front of physicists, then maybe they might be taken seriously. Until then, nobody is going to care.

asalimpo:

There's no biase there. The bible is well
known. And its supernatural stories are
well known.
The point i was making was that they're
occurences that defy logic/science.
Science can only comment on the physical,
when something is above the physical
science becomes inadequate.
So those things disproved by science may
just be science squinting at the
supernatural and denying it.
Bronze age book - think again.

Then prove it! Prove how the flood happened. Prove how Kangaroos got from the Middle East to Australia. Prove how two representatives of each of the 6 million land animal species managed to fit into a 45,000m3 boat. If you can't then no sane and honest scientist would ever take that as fact.

To be honest, you're just arguing in circles here.
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by asalimpo(m): 11:12pm On Mar 16, 2016
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by vooks: 11:14pm On Mar 16, 2016
I would sooner reason with atheists if they can explain the origin of the universe
Re: Even Logic Invalidates Atheism by asalimpo(m): 11:31pm On Mar 16, 2016
^^^
funny you saying i should prove the flood happened.
In other words - bring physical evidence.
How do you prove that something that happened millenia before you were born happened?
Prove to me that a man called Hammurabi existed?
or Prove that Isaac Newton existed?
Every single proof you give can be discounted as a fabrication. And you cannot provide definite
incontrovertible physical evidence that an event not witnessed by the person you are trying to persuade
did happen!
So we are back to square one.

Other religions are wrong because,
None definitively deals with statements daring the adherents to test God for themselves and see if he is real.
Like, I've said before, satan, the author of false religions, leaves a justifiable clause in each of his works
that fail to address the core problem all religions must address.
Sin, life after death, solution to sin, and how to establish a relationship with God.
Only the Bible address all issues definitively and conclusively.

Also they're other facts like:

It's impossible for people working in different generations, to write things about the future that agreed
together without meeting each other.
Isaiah predicted the crucifixion of christ, the virgin birth centuries before it happened.
That couldnt be man.
So did King David.

The Bible says, definitively,
that Jesus, is the lamb that takes away man's sins.
And that Jesus is the way through which man can reconnect back to God.
What does Islam say, what does hinduism say!

Not only does islam not speak conclusively, but It doesnt speak authoritively.
No other religion does.
Lastly, the bible's accuracy on issues of science is spot on.

There's no scientific error in the bible.

Scientist only discovered in 2005 , or so , that pure gold is clear like glass-
The author of the book of revelations, says the gold in heaven ,on the streets, is clear like glass!!
How could man have known that!!.

The theory of evolution is still that - a theory - not a conclusive incontrovertible fact.
Scientists are still debating and learning.
The fact that they are still exploring it means, in the limited understanding and inperfect knowledge,
they are not qualified to dismiss the statement of the bible.
Why? They dont have enough knowledge or qualification to disqualify it?

For christians performing supernatural events at will, that's not how God operates.
If christians could, good. Maybe science would be convinced.
But the manifestation of the supernatural is often as God wills.
They're some exceptions to this though.
Two performing a supernatural feat, providing physical evidence wouldnt make people believe,
they will still doubt.
When satan tempted Jesus' daring him to prove Himself to be Son of God, did Jesus do so? No.
When Jesus was on the cross and the soldiers taunted Him to prove Himself, did He do so? No.
God doesnt prove Himself to scoffers and sceptics.

On the ark thing.
The context of the bible and the context you desire are different.
First, the bible says, that God is a spirit, man is a spirit and there's a spiritual dimension.
And the spirit world created the physical world.
You and sceptics say, if it isn't proven (i.e reduced to physical terms) you won't believe!
Reminds me of Thomas in the bible, "If i dont see the nail prints and put my hand in it . I wont believe".
Who cares if science believes.
The truth is the truth whether science or any sceptic believes or not. It doesnt change the truth.
The ark containing 6 million species of animal was never going to be an issue.
Y? Because, God has His way no matter what physical conditions dictate.
God isnt bound or limited by time,space or resources like man is and the bible demonstrates this.
When sarah needed a child, she was past menopause- 90 yrs+.
To science, her case is hopeless. But to God, no.
When the children of isreal needed water in a desert, science would be thinking of boreholes and drills.
A hopeless scenario in a desert. God, simply made rock produce water.
When, Jesus wanted to feed thousands of peole, he had only 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish.
To man, an impossible situation, to God, nothing. The minuscle resources couldnt stand in His way.
etc
The ark and its size would never have obstructed God's will.

To be honest, science without God is a delusion. Really.
It has things all wrong and screwed up.
The bible says categorically, that we are in a spirit world and the spirit world interferes with the physical a lot. Start from that premise to clear your mind.
It says, you are a spirit. God is a spirit. The devil is a spirit.
From that perspective, many things begin to clear up.
A spirit isnt a physical thing. But is real!!

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know The Acronym For JULY? / Catholic Church, When Did All This Nonsense Start? – Lucia Edafioka / Religion Is The Main Cause Of Recession In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.