Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

How To Save Money Working On The Island - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Save Money Working On The Island (633 Views)

Women Make Their Money Working At A Building Site (Photos) / Man Electrocuted In Akure While Working On A Pole (Disturbing Photos) / Electrician Dies While Working On An Electric Pole (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Save Money Working On The Island by TheInkheart(f): 2:03am On Mar 14, 2016
Need tips on how to save money while working, especially shuttling from the mainland to the island, this post is for you…

Going to work on the island from the mainland can actually be draining. I mean, you wake up as early as 4 in the morning just so you can go out early enough to skip the horrible third mainland bridge traffic and when you leave the house late, you can be stuck on the road for over 2 hours cramped in a position (if you take a bus to work) trying to ward off your sleeping neighbor from using your tired shoulders as a pillow. The cycle continues at night when you close from work and by the time you reach your doorstep, your body is literally sleeping soundly on the bed already. And working on the island doesn’t just consume your energy, it practically take up all your free time and KILLS your wallet!!!

It is expensive going to the Island everyday, especially when your office is as far as Lekki, Ajah and environs. All the 9-5 I had ever done has always been on the island and I spend close to 1000 naira everyday trying to get to the island every working day. I know you may think this is small but if you calculate it in a month, I was spending nothing less than 20,000 naira every month. There was even one I had to go six days a week which equals 24,000 naira on transportation alone. I was so frustrated when at the end of the month I was spending more on transport and food than I was earn that I started looking for means to save more money. You know what they say about desperate times calling for desperate measures, I had to sharply look for smarter ways to get myself to work everyday and save more than I used to do in the past. It really worked and to help another sister or brother suffering from the “spending too much ailment”, I’ve put together the tips that helped me get through the trying times. I hope you learn something and save even better with these tricks and tips:

click here to read more: http://www.coloursandgrey.com/save-money-working-island-mainland/
Re: How To Save Money Working On The Island by Heshei: 4:53am On Mar 14, 2016
What an interesting experience and solutions to prepare my heart for my next job.

Baba God, Nothing is impossible for you to do, I believe you will soon bless me with an attractive ADMIN/CUSTOMER CARE Job offer in Lekki... and please when you do, add to the package a Nice car that will be comfortable enough to carry 3 more person who are going my way and I can be a blessing to by droping them closer to their work place and also to their home...#ItIsDone ..Amen

1 Like

Re: How To Save Money Working On The Island by TheInkheart(f): 9:12am On Mar 14, 2016
Heshei:
What an interesting experience and solutions to prepare my heart for my next job.

Baba God, Nothing is impossible for you to do, I believe you will soon bless me with an attractive ADMIN/CUSTOMER CARE Job offer in Lekki... and please when you do, add to the package a Nice car that will be comfortable enough to carry 3 more person who are going my way and I can be a blessing to by droping them closer to their work place and also to their home...#ItIsDone ..Amen

AMEN darling, AMEN!!!

(1) (Reply)

Need Home Lesson Teacher In Abuja? / Business Intelligence Training In Lagos & Abuja / Are There Still Job Opportunities In Construction Companies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.