Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Did You Know Today Is Ha -pi- Day? World Wide Celebration Of Π - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Did You Know Today Is Ha -pi- Day? World Wide Celebration Of Π (1101 Views)

10 Things In Tech You Need To Know Today / What Aspiring African Startup Founders Must Know Today / The Number Π (pi) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know Today Is Ha -pi- Day? World Wide Celebration Of Π by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 14, 2016
Thank God today is π day!

You know there's a day for everything. There is Women's day grin ,Saint Valentine (another Women's day grin), mothers' day lipsrsealed, even holy Mary's day grin. Well, the international community did not forget also to create a day for the constant π.

π is that constant that usually gives you headache, because it is irrational. There is no pattern in its decimals, and no predictability whatsoever. It reminds me of some women grin

According to Teempakguy:
Teempakguy:
you can't understand women because they are very irrational human beings. it's like telling me you want to find the pattern in pi. angry

But it is meant in a positive way:
Teempakguy:
I meant that in a good way. mathematically, pi is a very beautiful number. but that's also because it's irrational. by multiplying with pi, we go from a square to a circle, a rectangle to an ellipse, a cube to a sphere, and you can rotate integral functions. wink

In the very same way, a woman can change your life from the worst to the best, if you just know how to show her love, faithfulness and dedication. And If you bear some of her flaws, because none is perfect, including you and I.

Indeed without the number Pi, most of our beautiful architectural masterpieces would not be possible like the Pyramid of Kheops, the geodesic domes of Buckminster Fuller, and so much more. Yes, and without our great women, there would be no beauty, no salt, no light, no brightness in life. cheesy

But back to topic. So every year on the 14th of March, lovers of the number pi gather in various countries. You know, those countries where people know the value of Science, not some of our countries, where more importance is given to religion, corruption, ethnic division undecided.
So they gather, eat some nice "pi" (pie) cake and sing:

Oh Ha pi Day!

Disclaimer: This thread is not an attempt to bash our women. They are the ones who brought us to life. Just trying to get some of our folks to be interested in Science. The only way forward for Africa in this new techno-scientific world, is Science and Ethics.

Greetings to all.

cc. Johnydon22, Sonoflucifer, Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Teempakguy, Sukkot, Coolusername, Hahn, ...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Know Today Is Ha -pi- Day? World Wide Celebration Of Π by sukkot: 4:04pm On Mar 14, 2016
LoJ:
Thank God today is π day!

You know there's a day for everything. There is Women's day grin ,Saint Valentine (another Women's day grin), mothers' day lipsrsealed, even holy Mary's day grin. Well, the international community did not forget also to create a day for the constant π.

π is that constant that usually gives you headache, because it is irrational. There is no pattern in its decimals, and no predictability whatsoever. It reminds me of some women grin

According to Teempakguy:

But it is meant in a positive way:

In the very same way, a woman can change your life from the worst to the best, if you just know how to show her love, faithfulness and dedication. And If you bear some of her flaws, because none is perfect, including you and I.

Indeed without the number Pi, most of our beautiful architectural masterpieces would not be possible like the Pyramid of Kheops, the geodesic domes of Buckminster Fuller, and so much more. Yes, and without our great women, there would be no beauty, no salt, no light, no brightness in life. cheesy

But back to topic. So every year on the 14th of March, lovers of the number pi gather in various countries. You know, those countries where people know the value of Science, not some of our countries, where more importance is given to religion, corruption, ethnic division undecided.
So they gather, eat some nice "pi" (pie) cake and sing:

Oh Ha pi Day!

Disclaimer: This thread is not an attempt to bash our women. They are the ones who brought us to life. Just trying to get some of our folks to be interested in Science. The only way forward for Africa in this new techno-scientific world, is Science and Ethics.

Greetings to all.

cc. Johnydon22, Sonoflucifer, Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Teempakguy, Sukkot, Coolusername, Hahn, ...

hmmmm interesting. a pi celebration. association of geeks. teempakguy should feel at home amongst these lot grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Today Is Ha -pi- Day? World Wide Celebration Of Π by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
hehehehe . . . .

grin grin grin

I remember when I first learned about pi, I think I was in primary five then, and my Uncle told us how some guy called Archimedes found the value of pi. There was no Internet in our house then, But I kept the guy's name in my mind. in fact, I think Archimedes was the first Scientist I ever googled.

I even thought he was a black guy. embarassed embarassed

Anyway, Happy Pi day, geeks! Let's marvin gay and get it on. cool cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Today Is Ha -pi- Day? World Wide Celebration Of Π by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 14, 2016
Teempakguy:
hehehehe . . . .

grin grin grin

I remember when I first learned about pi, I think I was in primary five then, and my Uncle told us how some guy called Archimedes found the value of pi. There was no Internet in our house then, But I kept the guy's name in my mind. in fact, I think Archimedes was the first Scientist I ever googled.

I even thought he was a black guy. embarassed embarassed
grin grin grin

How did your uncle come about discussing pi with a primary school child? What happened?

Well I learned about Archimedes in primary school too. But I was reading a book on water cheesy
Re: Did You Know Today Is Ha -pi- Day? World Wide Celebration Of Π by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 14, 2016
LoJ:

grin grin grin

How did your uncle come about discussing pi with a primary school child? What happened?

Well I learned about Archimedes in primary school too. But I was reading a book on water cheesy
Oh . . . I just murdered english, man. grin grin

I actually meant my teacher. We used to call him Uncle then. And it kind of just stuck.

I think his real name is timothy or something.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Today Is Ha -pi- Day? World Wide Celebration Of Π by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 14, 2016
Lalasticlala Mynd44 Seun come and see President Obama celebrate Pi day. Only in Africa, we don't know the value of science!!!

I like pie. That’s not a state secret. I like comeback stories, too. So in celebration of Pi Day, I wanted to share a great letter about both.
Several years ago, a Virginia man named Brian Noyes chased a dream to start his own rural bakery. Just as that dream was getting off the ground, the Great Recession nearly robbed him of everything. He wrote that it would have been easier to close down and walk away, but too many people depended on him for that. His workers. His suppliers. Local farmers. His community.
In his letter, Brian wrote, “…They were part of our extended family also going through a bad time and I couldn’t let them down.”
So he stuck with it, even when others walked away. And with hard work, eighteen-hour days, and an economy on the rebound, business bounced back. Brian grew his staff ten times over. He opened a new headquarters. And, most importantly: I can confirm that Red Truck Bakery makes some darn good pie.
Brian is exactly the kind of American I was talking about at the end of my State of the Union Address. Hard-working. Optimistic. Someone who doesn’t seek attention, because he’s busy doing the work this country needs doing – all with a stubborn and quintessentially American refusal to let others down. Way to go, Brian. And thanks for the pie!

https://www.facebook.com/potus/posts/464044987118680

Re: Did You Know Today Is Ha -pi- Day? World Wide Celebration Of Π by johnydon22(m): 8:40pm On Mar 14, 2016
Chai...Pi day.. Loj where is my own pie?
I hope say i no come late grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Today Is Ha -pi- Day? World Wide Celebration Of Π by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
johnydon22:
Chai...Pi day.. Loj where is my own pie?

I hope say i no come late grin
grin grin grin

Just trying to get some of our people to be interested in Science. But they definitely do no want undecided
Re: Did You Know Today Is Ha -pi- Day? World Wide Celebration Of Π by johnydon22(m): 8:50pm On Mar 14, 2016
LoJ:

grin grin grin

Just trying to get some of our people to be interested in Science. But they definitely do no want undecided

Its a slow process bro...
Re: Did You Know Today Is Ha -pi- Day? World Wide Celebration Of Π by CoolUsername: 9:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
LoJ:

grin grin grin

I know right? Some people just need some π in their lives.
Re: Did You Know Today Is Ha -pi- Day? World Wide Celebration Of Π by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 14, 2016
CoolUsername:

I know right? Some people just need some π in their lives.
grin grin grin

To translate their lives, from a cube to a sphere cheesy
Re: Did You Know Today Is Ha -pi- Day? World Wide Celebration Of Π by Nobody: 3:06am On Mar 15, 2016
LoJ:

grin grin grin

To translate their lives, from a cube to a sphere cheesy
nice one . . . cheesy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

List Of All Tecno ROM For Free Download / Meet Lagos Born Abari Damilola Who Uses Bamboo To Make Eco-friendly Sunglasses / Facebook Owner-mark Zuckerberg Visit To Nigeria- Host A Q&A Session Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.