Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,707 members, 7,827,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Politics Of Intellectualism - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics Of Intellectualism (489 Views)

Brunel Shortlist 2018 Controversy: The Politics Of Being Too Black / Politics Of Position, Stomach And Pocket Infrastructure : An Insight Into The ‘’ / Reuben Abati-deregulation And The Politics Of Public Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politics Of Intellectualism by KABINET: 12:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
I am very much in tune with Plato’s idea of politics. I totally align myself with his supposition of who should rule. (As a Political Science student, it is my duty to discover and advance the principles that underlie or should underlie the operation of the state). Politics should be a noble profession; according to Plato, “A life of political service is the crown of human blessedness.” Do we know the implication of political service? Steering the course of common decision making, and charting the course for conflict management and resolution – these are the focal points of political service, and they are noble tasks that should require some high degree of intellectualism. In other words, managing men and resources is something that should be done by the best of brains among men. Again, I align myself with Plato’s assertion that Aristocracy is the best form of government.
Advanced countries would keep developing because they do politics of ideology; issue-based politics. While on the contrary, and unfortunately so, we keep decimating the possibilities of advancement in this part of the world because our politics is characterized by affluence and hooliganism – money and muscle politics over and above intellectualism. The rich and the mighty who, only by money and might are least qualified, are the ones who angle and jostle for opportunities of political service, while the intellects who, by the reason of intellectualism, are most qualified would rather sit back and watch with disdain. This is very unfortunate.
A shift from politics of materialism to politics of intellectualism is panacea for the political troubles that bedevil this part of the world, Nigeria especially. We need leadership of values and ideas. We need leaders who have great ideas; we need leaders that are creative and resourceful, leaders that can think outside the box, leaders that are the best of brains. However, I am not in dissonance with affluence. In fact, one of my aspirations in life is to make myself valuable intellectually and materially. It is not wrong, in my view, for the rich to rule, inasmuch as they are also intellectually sound. To be rich and at the same time exceptionally intelligent is an extra-ordinary quality – it is a gift from God. Let me quickly add that if you are good in wealth creation, in the art of pursuing Naira and Kobo, and you still maintain intellectualism, then you are distinguished, one of a kind – a genus!
Thanks for reading this article.
Kingsley Onwuka (onwukavoice@gmail.com, 09086585050 - sms)
Re: Politics Of Intellectualism by debradixon: 12:38pm On Jan 05, 2020
I also wrote an article on a similar subject will find it at write what you think. bee swarm simulator codes
Re: Politics Of Intellectualism by debradixon: 2:20pm On Jan 05, 2020
For this web site, you will see our account, remember to go through this info. Do you need an eBay or Amazon account?
Re: Politics Of Intellectualism by debradixon: 2:36pm On Jan 05, 2020
I might suggest solely beneficial in addition to trusted facts, and so find it: Miami Beach deep sea fishing charter
Re: Politics Of Intellectualism by debradixon: 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2020
I personally use them exclusively high-quality elements : you will notice these folks during: Panama City fishing charter

(1) (Reply)

10,000 Hunters Seek Clearance To Confront Boko Haram In Sambisa Forest (PHOTOS) / Dirty Bloody Kill! Viewers Discretion Is Advised! / Excerpts From Prophetic Messages Of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu That Has Been Fulfilled:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.