Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures (4469 Views)

Effects Of Brexit Results On The African Largest Economies / Dokpesi's Son At Aso Rock, Presents Card To Buhari (see Photo) / Nigeria Removed From From The List Of Fastest Growing Economies (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by stephenduru: 12:19pm On Mar 14, 2016
Under the administration of Presidenti Muhammadu Buhari, which is less than a year old, Nigeria has fallen off the list of fastest growing economies in the world.

The list, which is compiled by Cable News Network, CNN, an independent observer, under their money show, CNNMoney, saw Nigeria leaving the list of top 5 fastest growing economies for 2016.

India, Qatar, China, Philippines and Bangladesh made the list which was released over the weekend. India had a growth rate of 7.5%, while Qatar and China had growth rates of 7.1% and 6.8% respectively. Phillipines and Bangladesh followed with 6.7% and 6.3%.

Last year,Nigeria made the list with a growth rate of 7.0%,behind China's 7.3% and Qatar's 7.1%.

Nigeria is not the only country who fell off the list as Iraq which was 4th on the list with 6.7% growth rate in 2015 was also not on the list in 2016.

Under the immediate past administration, Nigeria was also adjudged as having the largest economy in Africa.

Many have chalked the decline of the Nigerian economy to the falling oil prices which hit record low at some point, the fall of the Naira as well as the country’s dwindling foreign reserves.

Others have blamed the President for his lackadaisical attitude towards the economy, as almost a year later, he has yet to appoint an economic adviser.

Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, has called out Buhari several times on his handling of the nation’s economy, while Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has continued to claim that the economic situation was under the President’s control.

NB:The first pic is that of this year while the second is that of last year

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/nigeria-falls-off-list-of-fastest.html

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by OZAOEKPE(f): 12:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
grin THESE KIND OF NEWS THEY SWEET MY BELLE, EVERYDAY GOD IN HIS WISDOM PUTS APC AND THEIR SUPPOERTERS TO SHAME cheesy

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by ammyluv2002(f): 12:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
Seriously, i miss GEJ so much sad sad sad

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by dmostcheerful(f): 12:33pm On Mar 14, 2016
What a nice change.
I love my country, even if u like remove us from world country list, I still love Nigeria.
Sai baba

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by hurricaneChris: 12:40pm On Mar 14, 2016
Take it or leave it, econmically, Buhari is brain-dead.

I actually hated Jonathan for taking so many things for granted, but then i realized in democracy, one doesn't act like Idi Amin

20 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by xender(m): 12:46pm On Mar 14, 2016
this politrickcians dem....here's a joke for them cry
A man died and went to for judgement. As he stood in front of the Pearly Gates, he saw a huge wall of clocks behind him. He asked, ''Why all the clocks?'' St. Peter answered, ''Those are Lie-Clocks. Everyone who has ever been on earth has a Lie-Clock. Every time you lie, the hands on your clock move.'' ''Oh'', said the man. ''Whose clock is that?'' ''That's Mother Teresa's.'' replied St. Peter. ''The hands have never moved, indicating that she never told a lie.'' ''Incredible!'', said the man. ''And whose clock is that one?'' St. Peter responded, ''That's Abraham Lincoln's clock. The hands have moved Twice, telling us that Abraham told only two lies in his entire life.'' ''Where are the clocks of the Nigerian public office holders AND the Nigerian PRESIDENT?'' asked the man. St Peter replied, "They are in the office. We're using them as ceiling fans."

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by baby124: 12:46pm On Mar 14, 2016
True reality of things. If Nigeria was truly developing before, it will not fall off just like that. The shock absorbers would have been in place before Buhari took office, and will cushion any crisis. So, all the wuruwuru statistics are beginning to show their true color.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by dtruth3(m): 12:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
CHANGE everywhere you GO! kisskisskiss

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by igwe123: 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
this oil price slump has exposed a lot about this country

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by banki(m): 1:06pm On Mar 14, 2016
You go fear...analysis
You go fear opposition
Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by omohayek: 1:10pm On Mar 14, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
grin THESE KIND OF NEWS THEY SWEET MY BELLE, EVERYDAY GOD IN HIS WISDOM PUTS APC AND THEIR SUPPOERTERS TO SHAME cheesy

Isn't it your country too? Do you think an economic slowdown won't affect you, your relations, and your friends as well? I don't understand the sort of partisanship that can lead a man to cheer when his own house is on fire.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by obailala(m): 1:14pm On Mar 14, 2016
Silly title and silly report meant to put butterflies in the tummy of ignoramuses. I can already see OZAO-EKPA gleefully leading the celebration of this ignorance on behalf of the jonathanian pack grin

Nigeria's GDP growth rate fell to 2.3% in 2Q 2015. Please remind me who was ruling Nigeria then?

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/gdp-growth-annual

@stephenduru,
Even a primary school pupil with basic understanding of figures and dates can see from the chart above how the GDP growth began to plunge uncontrollably from over 6% in 3Q 2014 (when oil crash started), to 2.35% in 2Q 2015 (when oil was even still selling above $60). Yet some ekpas are here celebrating that Buhari is responsible.
undecided

cc: ammyluv2002, OZAOEKPE, hurricaneChris, dtruth3,
You guys should fall in here and cure your ignorance. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by peacengine(m): 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2016
grin grin
Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2016
omohayek:

Isn't it your country too? Do you think an economic slowdown won't affect you, your relations, and your friends as well? I don't understand the sort of partisanship that can lead a man to cheer when his own house is on fire.
not affecting me and my family, so I don't give a shit

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by dealslip(f): 1:29pm On Mar 14, 2016
Dont be selfish. Pray for the prosperity of Nigeria. I detest APC as agroup but Nigerians suffer most.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by OZAOEKPE(f): 1:32pm On Mar 14, 2016
obailala:
Silly title and silly report meant to put butterflies in the tummy of ignoramuses. I can already see OZAO-EKPA gleefully leading the celebration of this ignorance on behalf of the jonathanian pack grin

Nigeria's GDP growth rate fell to 2.3% in 2Q 2015. Please remind me who was ruling Nigeria then?

@stephenduru,
Even a primary school pupil with basic understanding of figures and dates can see from the chart above how the GDP growth began to plunge uncontrollably from over 6% in 3Q 2014 (when oil crash started), to 2.35% in 2Q 2015 (when oil was even still selling above $60). Yet some ekpas are here celebrating that Buhari is responsible.
undecided

NONSENSE

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by obailala(m): 1:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

NONSENSE
grin grin grin I wasn't expecting you to say anything else. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by dtruth3(m): 1:37pm On Mar 14, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

NONSENSE
real NONSENSE

9 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by betterABIAstate: 1:40pm On Mar 14, 2016
obailala:

@stephenduru,
undecided

crap from the pit of hell

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by dtruth3(m): 1:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
obailala:

@stephenduru,
undecided

Pls can you give us a more credible source in the ranks of CNN?

Only then I would engage your logic!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by junketer(m): 1:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
Chai baba bubu.......u have turned the little good gej left behind to the worst in less than one year. Chai baba.
Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by mars123(m): 1:51pm On Mar 14, 2016
obailala:

@stephenduru,
undecided

the wailing is mostly political but Buhari is the current president so he will have to bear the insults. no one is really interested in facts and figures but food and shelter. though I personally have faith in Buhari to turn things around but until then he should continue to face his job and disregard the insults.
Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by HenryOdeh2016(m): 1:56pm On Mar 14, 2016
Dear Nairalanders, please let's help a Brother who is in dire need of his final year varsity fee as registration closes this moment. He is orphaned and lost his sponsor too and cannot afford 45k for his final year. pls let's rally round him and show love By offering any amount we can and bring happiness back to his Life again.
Contact him now on 07060962071.
God bless you
Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by obailala(m): 1:59pm On Mar 14, 2016
dtruth3:

Pls can you give us a more credible source in the ranks of CNN?

Only then I would engage your logic!
www.tradingeconomics.com is a renown site which provides up to date world economic data. There is a reason why it is the first site which pops up on a google search for economic indices of different countries. But since the info supplied is to your disappointment and you have chosen to discount a credible source, kindly go to the National Bureau for Statistics' webpage below and download the exact same information:
http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/nbslibrary/economic-statistics/gross-domestic-product

betterABIAstate:
crap from the pit of hell
dtruth3:
real NONSENSE
I wasn't expecting you to be impressed or excited with the raw facts.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by lilprinze: 2:10pm On Mar 14, 2016
Change
Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by ammyluv2002(f): 2:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
obailala:

@stephenduru,
undecided

Akuko!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by OZAOEKPE(f): 2:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
obailala:

@stephenduru,
undecided

LET ME EDUCATE YOU A LITTLE SON, THIS CHAT IS DAMN TOO 'UNTRUE'. THE REASON WHY I SPIT ON YOUR COMMENT IS THAT THE SOURCE IS SO SO FAKE. GET A RELIABLE SOURCE, THEN WE CAN START FROM THERE. I GOOGLED YOUR SOURCE, AND IT FAILED TO POP UP lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by dtruth3(m): 2:45pm On Mar 14, 2016
obailala:

www.tradingeconomics.com is a renown site which provides up to date world economic data. There is a reason why it is the first site which pops up on a google search for economic indices of different countries. But since the info supplied is to your disappointment and you have chosen to discount a credible source, kindly go to the National Bureau for Statistics' webpage below and download the exact same information:
http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/nbslibrary/economic-statistics/gross-domestic-product

I wasn't expecting you to be impressed or excited with the raw facts.

You're such a funny character dude, just imagine your smartness! But guess what? You're not too smart. While I won't waste my MB on that your faked sit,

Now let me give you small ORGASM

Using your own screwed logic, the fact is; as at 2015 when Gej was still in power, Nigeria's GDP rose to 7% as seen in that chat.

Then came the General Election and all the baggage that goes along with it. Including but not limited to Economic tension, lack of confidence on the part of investors.
The fear was that the incoming administration would not continue with the already well established Policy direction.

Indigenous and Private investors were not let out, skepticism was felt in almost all the sector of the economy, particularly because nobody knows what the direction of the new administration would be.

So everyone was waiting, and what did Buhari do? He came and hit the ground siting as evident in the time it took him to constitute ordinary cabinet, instead of hitting the ground 'Running' as promised during the campaign.

He introduced 'body language economics' in our political and economic lexicon, he refused to act. He refused to reassure investors, all these and many other ineptitudes' culminated to where we found ourselves today.
And you dare wanna put it on Gej?

Obviously you need cognitive reconstruction!
Okay, assuming without conceding that Gej was responsible, is it safe to say that Bubu came and still lacks the capacity to Up-the-Ante?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by Habakus: 3:00pm On Mar 14, 2016
I remember vividly some few months back before Buhari took over,how the Nigeria was globally acclaimed as one of the fastest growing Economies and the largest in Africa. We saw a lot positive economic activities going on in the country; the agric sector was booming; foreign investors were trooping into the country; businesses were opening up and expanding; countries were practically tripping over themselves to partner with Nigeria; and Nigeria hosted world economic forum. All these were achieved not by serial senseless foreign trips,but by a team who understood the complexities of the country,and were core technocrats ready to sacrifice and work. But alas! Nigerians allowed themselves to be deceived by the same cabal who have kept the country in shackles for ages. Now what are we seeing? All those gains have completely been eroded. This is a sad case of falling from grace to grass. Pity.

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by obailala(m): 3:22pm On Mar 14, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Akuko!
Akuko ifo! grin

Come up with a counter argument please.
Re: Nigeria Falls Off List Of Fastest Growing Economies Under Buhari(See CNN Figures by obailala(m): 3:27pm On Mar 14, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

LET ME EDUCATE YOU A LITTLE SON, THIS CHAT IS DAMN TOO 'UNTRUE'. THE REASON WHY I SPIT ON YOUR COMMENT IS THAT THE SOURCE IS SO SO FAKE. GET A RELIABLE SOURCE, THEN WE CAN START FROM THERE. I GOOGLED YOUR SOURCE, AND IT FAILED TO POP UP lipsrsealed
The only reason why you spit on the comment is because you've got absolutely nothing to say. You claim you googled my source?.... Bro, you dont even need to do that; I pasted the direct link. But if you claim you didnt see it, here it is again

Also if you feel this 'sauce' isnt sweet enough, here is the direct link to the GDP growth info page on the website of the NBS which conveys exactly the same info. grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Don't Support Biafra By Mrvitalis / PHOTONEWS: 35-year Old Nigerian Man Executed In Indonesia Buried Amidst TearS. / Latest Politics News In Nigeria Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.