Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,467 members, 7,830,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

You Are Not Above The Law-judge Blast EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Are Not Above The Law-judge Blast EFCC (810 Views)

'you Are An Attack-dog', Fayose Blast EFCC After Commissioner, AG Arrest / Dudafa Youth Wing Blast EFCC, DSS For His Continual Detention / Dino Melaye Blast EFCC 4 The Arrest Of Abubakar Sidiq,Says Nigeria Is Not Banana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

You Are Not Above The Law-judge Blast EFCC by mile12crises: 3:09pm On Mar 14, 2016
An Abuja High Court has ordered for the immediate release of an aide to the former National Security Adviser, Nickolas Ashinzeh, from a military facility, warning against wrongful detention of suspects by Nigerian security agencies.
Mr. Ashinzeh had approached the court to protest his prolonged detention by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, the Nigerian Army and the Chief of Army Staff Tukur Buratai, without trial since December 23, 2015.
Mr. Ashinzeh also prayed the court to order the respondents to pay N500 million as damage, and also issue an apology for violation of his rights.
In his ruling, the trial Judge, Yusuf Halilu, ordered Mr. Ashinzeh to be released with immediate effect, adding that the agencies responsible for the detention must learn to act within the provisions of law.
“The respondents have not behaved like those living in a civilized society. They behaved like we are still in the military era.
“The EFCC’s motto is: Nobody is above the law; but they are acting as if they are above the law here,” Mr. Halilu said.
He further said the era of overzealousness on the part of security officers would no longer be tolerated.

“The EFCC Act is not superior to the 1999 Constitution as amended,” said Mr. Halilu.
Mr. Halilu noted that based on Section 35 (1) of the 1999 Constitution, the detention of the applicant since December 23, 2015, is illegal, wrongful and a “blatant” violation of his (Mr. Ashinzeh’s) fundamental rights.
He however did not grant the applicant’s prayer regarding payment of the sum of N500 million for damages as well as an apology from the respondents.

Mr. Halilu also did not grant the prayers sought by the applicant that a perpetual injunction be issued to the three respondents.
“Perpetual injunction can only be granted after trial especially when an accused person has proved his case.
“If the EFCC has a case against the applicant they should take him to court,” he added.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/200130-judge-orders-release-dasukis-aide-blasts-efcc.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: You Are Not Above The Law-judge Blast EFCC by StarOnEarth(m): 3:11pm On Mar 14, 2016
If this judges don't leave this guys I wont be surprise if I see them dragging a judge inside a van.

1 Like

Re: You Are Not Above The Law-judge Blast EFCC by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:14pm On Mar 14, 2016
StarOnEarth:
If this judges don't leave this guys I wont be surprise if I see them dragging a judge inside a van.
YOU HAVE THE SAME BRAIN AS PMB, HOW CAN YOU WIN THE WAR ON CORRUPTION WHEN YOU NOT AT PEACE WITH THE JUDICIARY. THIS IS DEMOCRACY, PMB NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND HOW THINGS WORK ELSE HES GOING TO LOSE.

1 Like

Re: You Are Not Above The Law-judge Blast EFCC by StarOnEarth(m): 3:18pm On Mar 14, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

YOU HAVE THE SAME BRAIN AS PMB, HOW CAN YOU WIN THE WAR ON CORRUPTION WHEN YOU NOT AT PEACE WITH THE JUDICIARY. THIS IS DEMOCRACY, PMB NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND HOW THINGS WORK ELSE HES GOING TO LOSE.
You have the brain of dasuki, this so judges are corrupt themselves, they are not making things easy for this law officers, even when they know the person Is guilty they will still spill rubbish with their useless mouth.
Re: You Are Not Above The Law-judge Blast EFCC by mile12crises: 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2016
This administration is showing every tendency of military dictatorship.

I think we are gradually sliding back to the stone ages.
The judge was bold enough to state it as it is.

I am so happy to read from this honourable Judge.
Shame on Mr John Tsoho(dishonorable charge and bail judge) who received bribe, promotion offer and plot of Lands to violate our 1999 Constitution.
shame on Mr John Tsoho.

My only advise to Swiss govt is,to please don't release the remaining Abacha loot in your country to this apc govt,because there is no sign of fighting corruption in them,if you do be expecting influx of Nigerian refugee in your country.
Re: You Are Not Above The Law-judge Blast EFCC by mile12crises: 3:38pm On Mar 14, 2016
StarOnEarth:

You have the brain of dasuki, this so judges are corrupt themselves, they are not making things easy for this law officers, even when they know the person Is guilty they will still spill rubbish with their useless mouth.

Honestly, i think you're an embarrassment to everything decent in any society.
The sooner you get out of your stone age mentality the better for you.
The rule of law prevails at all times even during the war.
You appear to be out of this world.

2 Likes

Re: You Are Not Above The Law-judge Blast EFCC by naijagobetter(m): 3:41pm On Mar 14, 2016
this judges are our problem in this country, why do you think there was one single conviction during the past administration? The judges corrupt thats why they issue perpetual injunctions then, sorry to say the hard way is the only way with nigerians or we are going nowhere, how i wish we are in military regime.
Re: You Are Not Above The Law-judge Blast EFCC by BiafraBushBoy(m): 3:44pm On Mar 14, 2016
Our problem is Corruption!!!

You will only Hate our Judiciary till you have a Case with a Man Richer than your Family members!! Then you will come back and thank Buhari..

These Judges are corrupt!!!
I hate the Judiciary... A rich man collects your Land, settles the police, pays the Judge.

On the day of Judgement, they will rule against your favor and even ask you to pay damages!!!

Any corrupt person should be Hanged!! Even if my personal person is involved!

God bless all those disobeying court orders!
Re: You Are Not Above The Law-judge Blast EFCC by comos: 3:48pm On Mar 14, 2016
StarOnEarth:

judiciary have their own ethics and code of conduct.

we are in democracy not military era.

better you and other APC zombies realized that.

1 Like

Re: You Are Not Above The Law-judge Blast EFCC by mile12crises: 3:49pm On Mar 14, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
Our problem is Corruption!!!

You will only Hate our Judiciary till you have a Case with a Man Richer than your Family members!! Then you will come back and thank Buhari..

These Judges are corrupt!!!
I hate the Judiciary... A rich man collects your Land, settles the police, pays the Judge.

On the day of Judgement, they will rule against your favor and even ask you to pay damages!!!

Any corrupt person should be Hanged!! Even if my personal person is involved!

God bless all those disobeying court orders!

Are you justifying Buhari's flagrant disregard for court orders

Your post left me with a congealed blood angry

1 Like

Re: You Are Not Above The Law-judge Blast EFCC by Mynd44: 3:49pm On Mar 14, 2016
Re: You Are Not Above The Law-judge Blast EFCC by ckmayoca: 3:49pm On Mar 14, 2016
StarOnEarth:

You actually have a point bro... that's how they work, throw bait at u and capitalize it with media for people to condemn u.

(1)

Exclusive: Why Amosun Boycotted Apc’s Lagos Meeting On Osoba's Return / The Panama Papers And The Significance / You Can’t Tamper With Any Line Of 2016 Budget, Owie Tells Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.