Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

10 Strange Facts The Bible Preaches About Smoking - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Strange Facts The Bible Preaches About Smoking (642 Views)

Helpful Tips About Smoking And Health / Interesting Facts About Smoking / The Unspoken Truths About Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Strange Facts The Bible Preaches About Smoking by UTILITYMAY(m): 6:42pm On Mar 14, 2016
10 STRANGE things the BIBLE preaches about SMOKING

Health experts have mentioned time and time again that smoking is bad for your physical health, but what about your spiritual health?

The bible does not forbid smoking cigarettes or smoking pot directly. Most generally, the case is made that we should be good stewards of our bodies.

#1:. On keeping your body pure:

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honour God with your body. (1 Cor 6:19-20)

#2:. On dealing with addiction:

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. (1 Cor 10:13).

#3:. Your body is a temple:

If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him. For God’s temple is holy, and you are that temple. (1 Cor 3:17)

#4:. Reward for bad choices:

Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. (Gal 6: 7-cool

#5:. Do not let it take over you:

“All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be enslaved by anything.” (1 Cor: 6:12)

#6:. Glorify God with your body:

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Cor 10:31)

#7:. Avoid doing it to fit in:

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. (Romans 12:2)

#8:. Do things God has approved of:

And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. (Col 3:17)

#9:. The only way to live long: Hear, my son, and accept my words, that the years of your life may be many. (Proverbs 4:10)

#10:. Rely on God to make the right decisions: The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen. (Rev 22:21)
Re: 10 Strange Facts The Bible Preaches About Smoking by chocolateme(f): 6:46pm On Mar 14, 2016
My brother, bible is not a stinking weed ganja promoter
Re: 10 Strange Facts The Bible Preaches About Smoking by UTILITYMAY(m): 7:01pm On Mar 14, 2016
chocolateme:
My brother, bible is not a stinking weed ganja promoter

Read through the piece, i did not say Bible promotes (weed ganja) smoking...
Re: 10 Strange Facts The Bible Preaches About Smoking by chocolateme(f): 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2016
UTILITYMAY:

Read through the piece, i did not say Bible promotes (weed ganja) smoking...
sorry wasn't saying you did. Just quoting my opinion for those that will misunderstand it

1 Like

Re: 10 Strange Facts The Bible Preaches About Smoking by UTILITYMAY(m): 7:43pm On Mar 14, 2016
chocolateme:
sorry wasn't saying you did. Just quoting my opinion for those that will misunderstand it

Ok, that's cool... They need to understand truely

(1) (Reply)

Latest On Hiv /aids / Diabetes (causes, Prevention, And Treatment) / Photos: 5 Hospitalized As Police Use Live Bullets On Protesting JUTH Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.