Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,061 members, 7,953,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:21 PM

Measures To Curtail GNLD And Other Job Scam Agencies - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Measures To Curtail GNLD And Other Job Scam Agencies (679 Views)

JOB SEEKERS : Desperate Times Calls For Desperate Measures! / 8 Tips To Help You Avoid A Job Scam / Vacancies In 6 Federal Agencies & Parastatals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Measures To Curtail GNLD And Other Job Scam Agencies by Lastanza: 9:17pm On Mar 14, 2016
The ordeals of a Nigerian job seeker today is not just lack of jobs but the infamous activities of various recruitment agencies and organizations. The activities of these people have been overlooked to the extent that they now carry out their notorious activities in a cooperate grandstyle.

GNLD is at the forefront of this job scam with their posters almost in every street in Nigeria. They advertise for openings in Hotels, Manufacturing, Construction etc only for people to be assembled in one wretched room for one wretched seminar to be addressed by the most wretched people on earth. I believe that this is an insult to the intelligence of educated minds. My curiosity is why nobody has taken it up against them, most especially young law graduates that could practice with them and probably make a fortune from them.

Recruitment agencies are not left out in this as many of them have perfected their modus operandi to extort vulnerable applicants of their last breath. So many people complained about the one at Victoria island in Lagos that ask people to pay for training fee and no body is doing anything about it. Lets join hands and frustrate these people before they frustrate us.

I think that there are many ways to go about it like calling and texting there customer care to frustrate them or creating a scene in there office to frustrate their dubious act or reporting their nefarious activities to relevant government agencies.

It is enough pain to be unemployed let alone being hoodwinked and deceived by some inept things.

So many questions going through my mind but lets have ur opinion about this.

1 Like

Re: Measures To Curtail GNLD And Other Job Scam Agencies by tunisbaba(m): 8:22am On Mar 15, 2016
Blame the Nigerian Labour Law and the economy of the country for this unfortunate act by GNLD and scammers. It is disheartening when you travel from Port Harcout to Lagos, believing you are going for an interview with an international construction organization, only for you to reach the interview venue and see an OND holder convincing a Master holder to start hawking food suppliment in the street.
May God bless we graduate in Nigeria with our dream job soonest InshaAllahu.

(1) (Reply)

St. Flair Global Group / Should I Ask Area Of Concentration Before An Interview? ? / Sales Executives Are Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.