Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:47 AM

Ibe Kachikwu & Osinbajo Pictured At African Petroleum Producers Conference(Pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibe Kachikwu & Osinbajo Pictured At African Petroleum Producers Conference(Pics (945 Views)

Kiki Osinbajo Pictured With Trey Songz / Wike And His Wife Kissing At 56th NBA Annual Conference (Pics) / Dolapo Osinbajo Speaks At Shea Conference (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibe Kachikwu & Osinbajo Pictured At African Petroleum Producers Conference(Pics by chimere66: 10:01pm On Mar 14, 2016
Welcome Statement by Dr. Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu,
Honorable Minister of State, Petroleum Resources and Group Managing Director, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), and President APPA
At The 33rd Ordinary Session of the African Petroleum Producers Association (APPA) Council of Ministers And 6th African Petroleum Congress And Exhibition (CAPE VI)
At The Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria on Monday 14th March, 2016

Opening Protocols
I am particularly delighted to welcome Prof. Yemi Osinbajo (SAN, GCON), The Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Nigeria is particularly glad to host this conference for the second time and it is coming at a very critical time.

At a time when price volatility has become a major concern for everybody, I am told every time I have the podium that I should just keep talking and price will keep going up. It has worked sometime but the problem is that after a while you run out of things to say and price starts jumping down and they hold you responsible for that. At a time when there are universal concerns on whether oil really should be the right medium of energy resource and people are moving very dramatically into clean energy sources. At a time when there is a huge social dislocation of economies because of the suddenness of the price volatility issues. At a time when investments in the sector are both confusing, confused and uncertain where to go given the uncertainties of this market.
At a time when a block relationship is essential and the need for us to come cohesively together as a block to provide a common front becomes very essential because that becomes very essential as you move into groups like OPEC.

At this time, APPA is essential and this meeting could not have been better timed. I am sure that given all the work that has been done by the council of experts in the last one week we should expect that the conference that is starting today will be very successful and will have a lot of very common agenda that will be insightful to deliberate upon, so I am glad to have you here. But just before I hand over the podium to His Excellency to give his keynote address, I was asked by an ephemeral subject being whose name is oil to say a few words on its behalf.; and it says that:

My name is oil,
The very kind people who are nice to me call me black gold
The ones who hate me call me crude
I worry for my future
Everyone now talks down on me
Even farmers who trembled at the sight of my name are now strategizing against me
And all my beneficiaries, me have they abandoned
All because the producers have lost their tracks but I will rise again and when I do,
I will take no prisoners
I will new technologies control
I will my supremacy confirm
I will my respect regain
And my pricing?
Not too low, not too high
But I will not allow prices to humiliate me
All of you in OPEC, APPA, GECF and all such bodies who have shown me no respect recently
Soon you’ll eat your words

It is my pleasure to invite the Vice President to the podium.

Enjoy some of the vent photos above

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/03/capevi-dr-emmanuel-ibe-kachikwus-speech.html

Re: Ibe Kachikwu & Osinbajo Pictured At African Petroleum Producers Conference(Pics by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:03pm On Mar 14, 2016
FOOLISHNESS IS WHEN YOU SHOUT CHANGE AND SAI BABA, BUT THEY END UP FIXING THEIR CHILDREN IN CBN. I LOOKED FOR MODATH ABI NA MODAFT HER NAME NO THEY THERE
Re: Ibe Kachikwu & Osinbajo Pictured At African Petroleum Producers Conference(Pics by mynd1(f): 10:07pm On Mar 14, 2016
Good grin
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Ibe Kachikwu & Osinbajo Pictured At African Petroleum Producers Conference(Pics by rottennaija(m): 10:30pm On Mar 14, 2016
I like this man. He is brain
Re: Ibe Kachikwu & Osinbajo Pictured At African Petroleum Producers Conference(Pics by BenBruce4Presdt(f): 10:51pm On Mar 14, 2016
author=OZAOEKPE post=43775452] cheesy

At a time when price volatility has become a major concern for everybody, I am told every time I have the podium that I should just keep talking and price will keep going up.
It has worked sometime but the problem is that after a while you run out of things to say and price starts jumping down and they hold you responsible for that. At a time when there are universal concerns on whether oil really should be the right medium of energy resource and people are moving very dramatically into clean energy sources. At a time when there is a huge social dislocation of economies because of the suddenness of the price volatility issues. At a time when investments in the sector are both confusing, confused and uncertain where to go given the uncertainties of this market.

I smell admittance to cluelessness...

Kachikwu is intelligent, but we all know the saying, "show me your friend and I will tell you who you are"

Cluelessness can be infectious sometimes, you know?
Re: Ibe Kachikwu & Osinbajo Pictured At African Petroleum Producers Conference(Pics by chimere66: 5:41am On Mar 15, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:

I smell admittance to cluelessness...

Kachikwu is intelligent, but we all know the saying, "show me your friend and I will tell you who you are"

Cluelessness can be infectious sometimes, you know?
U have killed me with laughter here
Re: Ibe Kachikwu & Osinbajo Pictured At African Petroleum Producers Conference(Pics by omowolewa: 5:56am On Mar 15, 2016
Love the poem, just on point.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Ortom Says Foreign Herdsmen Responsible For Attacks / PMB Faints In USA / Ghost Workers: 2 Pregnant Women Collapse, Die In Bauchi During Verification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.