Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Kelly Rowland Is Looking For The Next Destiny's Child - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kelly Rowland Is Looking For The Next Destiny's Child (445 Views)

The Chef Chi, Chioma, Davido's Girlfriend: 7 Facts You Didn’t Know Avril Rowland / Throwback Photos Of Chioma Avril Rowland, Davido's Girlfriend / Davido & His Girlfriend, Chioma Avril Rowland At Owerri Club (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kelly Rowland Is Looking For The Next Destiny's Child by onyiijoy(f): 10:24pm On Mar 14, 2016
Kelly Rowland is on the hunt for the next big girl group. The Destiny’s Child graduate is teaming up with BET to launch ‘Chasing Destiny’, a televised search to find the next superstar female group. Kelly will be joined by award-winning choreographer Frank Gatson Jr on the one-hour weekly show. Gatson is no doubt
the best voice of influence on the show. The man has a long working history with Rowland and Beyoncé and has also worked with Michael Jackson, Usher and Jennifer Lopez. “We’re seeing rough cuts of diamonds right now. That’s how I like to picture it,” says Rowland about the process. “You can’t expect somebody to come in polished. And that’s the most exciting part: being able to be part of that moulding process.” Talking about how the idea came about, Ms Kelly told Billboard it was Frank’s idea. “We were going to do this whether TV cameras were with us or not. We were going to have our own cameras. But after talking to Stephen Hill(BET president of programming), he said he’d like to be a part of the show. I was just happy that he saw how necessary a girl group is just as much as we do. Because there’s only one out there now, Fifth Harmony.” But is there still a need for girl groups or was that just a 90s fad? “One of the things I loved about being in Destiny’s Child was little girls seeing us travel together, sing together, talk together, hang out together. It shows camaraderie, friendship and to me that’s missing. This is such a selfie-absorbed society.”

Source: www.naijreport..com

(1) (Reply)

Davido's Babymama Sophie Momodu Set To Release Her First Fashion Line / Paul Okoye Celebrates Son As He Turns A Year Older (see Photos) drop your wishes / Video:Hollywood Star And Oscar-winning Lupita Nyongo Dances 2 Lil Kesh’s Efejoku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.