Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). (2153 Views)

Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone / Which App(s) Is/are Your Top Battery Drainer(s)? / Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by darlingnuel(m): 10:47pm On Mar 14, 2016
It's no longer news that the Windows store has limited number of apps compared with the superfluity of excellent apps that adorn the almighty Android playstore. However, there are very good apps among the few existing in the Windows Store. But you may never discover them by yourself except someone else testifies to it or you run into any of them by sheer luck.

I've discovered a few mind-blowing WP apps which I'd love to share with you and in turn get to know one or two from you. Here they are:

1. 3D Brain - great for medics, excellent for studying the brain

2. Global TV - excellent for TV streaming

3. myVideos 3D+ - great for video playback & editing

4. OneShot - for photo editing

5. Perfect Dictionary - tens of different kinds of dictionary/books downloadable within this singular app

6. Perfect workout - excellent for working out

7. Perfect music - dope interface, for music playback

Now, it's your turn! What's that awesome app you have discovered on Windows store? Share with other users, so we'd all maximize the potentials of our various devices. What is worth doing, is worth doing well with a worthy app!

cc lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by Youngpo413: 11:26pm On Mar 14, 2016
Only two reasonable apps which are Cortana and Here (offline map) the rest are useless... Anyway I have Lumia 1520 here to dash out, I've updated this sh!t to the latest 8.1 with this useless Lumia denim, this madam Cortana won't let me hear word, I need to change my location and restart...

1 Like

Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by Cvesta(m): 12:57am On Mar 15, 2016
Youngpo413:
Only two reasonable apps which are Cortana and Here (offline map) the rest are useless... Anyway I have Lumia 1520 here to dash out, I've updated this sh!t to the latest 8.1 with this useless Lumia denim, this madam Cortana won't let me hear word, I need to change my location and restart...
Lols..pass me that Windows angel bro

1 Like

Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by darlingnuel(m): 8:11am On Mar 15, 2016
cc Youngpo413

That's exactly the reason for this thread so you'd discover valuable apps to enable you enjoy Ur device.

Lumia phones arent as horrible as most people paint it. Im enjoying mine like crazy.
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by Elxandre(m): 10:56am On Mar 15, 2016
Youngpo413:
You had a bad experience with the 640, yet you got another WP, 1520?

Lol..
I doubt this 1520 tale!

2 Likes

Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by Elxandre(m): 11:01am On Mar 15, 2016
For the normal Nigerian user, WP has mostly two issues!

*Lack of apps (which might be extinguished with W10 as many apps unavailable for Wp8.1 are already joining the W10 campaign)

*Inability to lock to 3g only, which is a real bottleneck!

1 Like

Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by Ekpees: 11:10am On Mar 15, 2016
Please which app can I use in streaming wwe wrestling for window phone thanks
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by khattab008: 12:45pm On Mar 15, 2016
CC Player: Best video player on WP.

Advanced English Dictionary.

Xodo Docs: PDF Reader.

Pocket Extractor: Extracting and creating zip files.

#World TV: For streaming.

Here Maps.

Perfect Music.

UC Browser and Maxthon Browser.

Movie Free: For streaming movies and series.

PicsArt: Photo editor.

Camscanner.

1 Like

Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by darlingnuel(m): 2:14pm On Mar 15, 2016
Ekpees:
Please which app can I use in streaming wwe wrestling for window phone thanks
Try either of World TV and Global TV. Thank me later.
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by darlingnuel(m): 2:17pm On Mar 15, 2016
khattab008:
CC Player: Best video player on WP.
Advanced English Dictionary.
Xodo Docs: PDF Reader.
Pocket Extractor: Extracting and creating zip files.
#World TV: For streaming.
Here Maps.
Perfect Music.
UC Browser and Maxthon Browser.
Movie Free: For streaming movies and series.
PicsArt: Photo editor.
Camscanner.
Awesome. Thanks for this!
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by darlingnuel(m): 2:26pm On Mar 15, 2016
Elxandre:
For the normal Nigerian user, WP has mostly two issues!

*Lack of apps (which might be extinguished with W10 as many apps unavailable for Wp8.1 are already joining the W10 campaign)

*Inability to lock to 3g only, which is a real bottleneck!

Please, would you be kind enough to explain what you meant by "inability to lock to 3G only"? Thank you
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by khattab008: 2:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
darlingnuel:

Awesome. Thanks for this!

You are welcome.

Just realized that pdf files received thru bluetooth can be saved using xodo docs, no need to rename to .jpg before sending to ur windows phone.
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by Elxandre(m): 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2016
darlingnuel:

Please, would you be kind enough to explain what you meant by "inability to lock to 3G only"? Thank you
You can't set it to 'only 3g' mode.
It's always fluctuating between 2g and 3g!
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by Youngpo413: 5:12pm On Mar 15, 2016
Elxandre:
You had a bad experience with the 640, yet you got another WP, 1520?
Lol.. I doubt this 1520 tale!
OK

1 Like

Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by Elxandre(m): 5:26pm On Mar 15, 2016
Youngpo413:
OK
typical!
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by Youngpo413: 5:48pm On Mar 15, 2016
Elxandre:
typical!
typical of WHAT? YOU need pictures?
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by Elxandre(m): 5:50pm On Mar 15, 2016
Youngpo413:
typical of WHAT? YOU need pictures?
I meant typically rude reply from you!
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by Youngpo413: 5:53pm On Mar 15, 2016
Elxandre:

I meant typically rude reply from you!
it not rude especially with guys.
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by Elxandre(m): 5:57pm On Mar 15, 2016
Youngpo413:
it not rude especially with guys.
Well, you got the 1520 as a gift?
Cos I dont think you liked it enough to buy it. smiley
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by daphid25(m): 11:48pm On Mar 15, 2016
I'd rather be phoneless than to use a window phone.. Enjoying my c8 AF

4 Likes

Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by darlingnuel(m): 11:53am On Mar 16, 2016
daphid25:

You are really missing something, Bro
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by Xhaka(m): 12:13pm On Mar 16, 2016
daphid25:
You're on point, keep enjoying your device.
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by nadalion: 1:01pm On Mar 16, 2016
One of the many things i enjoy on my Nokia 730 is the fact that the phone has a way-way cool camera and yes i don't have so many apps(which is funny considering my Platform is developing more open apps than exclusive apps), i still like my Nokia730...
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by 1House(m): 4:03pm On Mar 16, 2016
Youngpo413:
bro am available
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by daphid25(m): 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2016
darlingnuel:

You are really missing something, Bro
Aint missing anything, i'm even saving for something bigger.
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by tapingil(m): 3:08pm On Mar 18, 2016
Daily mail online....for news and sport
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by nadalion: 3:22pm On Mar 19, 2016
Guys, WINDOWS 10 IS OFFICIALLY OUT OHH! hope yhunaaa down see Una upgrade?
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by khattab008: 3:29pm On Mar 19, 2016
nadalion:

Is the update available for your phone already?

Mine is not yet available.
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by nadalion: 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
khattab008:

Is the update available for your phone already?

Mine is not yet available.
yes, i saw the update yesterday but I've not done mine cause by current location doesn't have good download coverage.
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by darlingnuel(m): 11:31am On Mar 21, 2016
nadalion:
Screenshots of the 'Available update' window or Adonbelieveit
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by khattab008: 11:57am On Mar 21, 2016
nadalion:
yes, i saw the update yesterday but I've not done mine cause by current location doesn't have good download coverage.

Am yet to receive the update but hopefully it will come since my phone is eligible.
Re: Windows Phone Users: Tell Us About Your Most Valued App(s). by khattab008: 12:03pm On Mar 21, 2016
darlingnuel:

Screenshots of the 'Available update' window or Adonbelieveit

The update is now available for eligible devices.

Download the upgrade advisory app from the store to check if your device is eligible and if the update is available.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel Launch Their 4G LTE Service, See Speed And Details / Nigerians To Pay More For Calls And Data Sub Soon- 250MB N1000 Calls Char N1/sec / The Xioami Thread 3k Prediction Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.