Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

Anambra Central Re-run: You Can’t Take Part, Umeh Tells Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Central Re-run: You Can’t Take Part, Umeh Tells Obi (667 Views)

PDP Wins Ife Central Re-run Election / Peter Obi's Anambra-Central Senatorial Campaign Poster (picture) / Anambra Central Re-run: INEC Postpones Polls Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Central Re-run: You Can’t Take Part, Umeh Tells Obi by Shegman22(m): 7:44am On Mar 15, 2016
Awka—The candidate of All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, in Anambra Central senatorial re-run election, Chief Victor Umeh, has threatened to use legal means to stop former governor Peter Obi of the state from participating in the rerun.
The rerun, which ought to have taken place on March 5, 2016, was postponed indefinitely by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, following a court order obtained by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to include it in the re-run.
Since then, some interest groups, including former governors in the senate, have been mounting pressure on Obi to join the race and there were indications that the former governor might have succumbed to the pressures.
INEC had earlier barred the PDP from participating in the election as it stated that the December 7, 2015 Court of Appeal judgment that nullified the March28, 2015 election of the PDP’s candidate, Mrs. Uche Ekwunife also stopped the party.
Addressing reporters at the Tansian University, Umunya, Anambra State weekend where he was conferred with an honorary doctorate degree in Political Science, Umeh described the decision of the former governor to join the race as an illegality, arguing that the Supreme Court had in plethora of cases said a fresh election resulting from an annulled election was a rerun and only those who contested the annulled election would be qualified to participate in the rerun.
The former National Chairman of APGA described the Federal High Court’s judgment that ordered INEC to include PDP in the rerun as one ambush that would crash, insisting that the High Court had no powers under any law to delve into an area the Supreme Court had sufficiently covered the ground.
Umeh said: “ I didn’t come into politics to make money. I am into politics to sanitize the system. Obi and his group will not contest this election. We won’t allow this perfidy of theirs. I have been in court all through my political career and I will continue to do that, especially in this rerun.
“Obi’s campaign posters that are all over the place for this rerun are efforts in futility. He won’t contest this election. Anambra is not the only place a rerun has been ordered by a court. So, all these things are illegality and cannot stand.”
However, a former commissioner during the Peter Obi administration, Chief Joe-Martins Uzodike, a lawyer, claimed what the Court of Appeal ordered was a fresh election.
He said: “The Court of Appeal judgement was made in simple in English language and it said ‘ go and conduct a fresh election within 90 days. What this means is that everything will start all over again, and anybody who is interested can participate. That was what the Abuja Federal High Court affirmed when it ordered INEC to include PDP in the rerun, and PDP has endorsed Obi for the Anambra Central rerun.”
Re: Anambra Central Re-run: You Can’t Take Part, Umeh Tells Obi by Shegman22(m): 7:46am On Mar 15, 2016
Re: Anambra Central Re-run: You Can’t Take Part, Umeh Tells Obi by woodboi(m): 7:47am On Mar 15, 2016
See fear and tension... Thought they said Umeh can stand Obi.
Re: Anambra Central Re-run: You Can’t Take Part, Umeh Tells Obi by Pwayne2016(m): 7:47am On Mar 15, 2016
Umeh why crying?? We all know that Obi is the Man to lead Anambra Central and not a greedy foul like you
I am Die hard supporter of Obiano but that won't stop me to admit that Obi is one of the Greatest Igbo politician if not the Greatest.
Re: Anambra Central Re-run: You Can’t Take Part, Umeh Tells Obi by Siberia101: 7:54am On Mar 15, 2016
Is Ekwunife still earning her entitlement as a senator?

With the way the Anambra Central election is going I think the court cases might end in 2018 when Ekwunife must have enjoyed all her entitlement as a senator.

Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Anambra Central Re-run: You Can’t Take Part, Umeh Tells Obi by jonathanOz: 8:02am On Mar 15, 2016
But some politicians are shameless. I can vividly remember Obi saying he won't run for any political office again after leaving the Anambra govt house.
Re: Anambra Central Re-run: You Can’t Take Part, Umeh Tells Obi by Mykelpato(m): 8:03am On Mar 15, 2016
Dunno why this Victoad Umeh is very daft
Re: Anambra Central Re-run: You Can’t Take Part, Umeh Tells Obi by Tunami(m): 8:04am On Mar 15, 2016
jonathanOz:
But some politicians are shameless. I can vividly remember Obi saying he won't run for any political office again after leaving the Anambra govt house.
who no like money.
Re: Anambra Central Re-run: You Can’t Take Part, Umeh Tells Obi by winniz: 8:21am On Mar 15, 2016
Greedy fool, you think you are dealing with Uche Ekwunife. That was how you fought Uche Ekwunife who defeated you with a huge margin at the Anambra Central Senatorial election, going from one court to the other till the election were nullified and she was also disqualified cos you knew if Uche had ran under PDP again with you she would have humiliated you the second time.
Loser, you have now turned to Peter Obi because you know he will Trash you at the Polls if you are up against him.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Between Wife Of The President And First Lady / Fayose Vs Aregbesola / Army Offers N1m Reward On Abducted Colonel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.