Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba (29243 Views)

Breaking: DSS Raids Asaba Vendors, Confiscates Biafra Newspapers / EFCC To Confiscate Patience Jonathan’s Property Nationwide / ICPC To Confiscate $700million Stolen By Momoh, Former PPMC Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by Nobody: 5:43pm On Mar 15, 2016
irunooboo:
I thinks it's time for the national assembly to ammend the constitution and declare seccession an act of treason punishable by firing squad angry Any one supporting biafra should be sentenced to death or fed to lions. This will gradually kill the evil ideology called Biafra. We hate biafra and it shall never come. The buratai military should invade the east and do the needful undecided
I will only support this move when national Assembly includes the killing of who ever supports Palestine and Morocco succession

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by prophetfire: 6:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
Ooni:
Violation of rights everywhere
when buhari himself said on live national television dt he dsnt obey court orders.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by prophetfire: 6:29pm On Mar 15, 2016
irunooboo:
I thinks it's time for the national assembly to ammend the constitution and declare seccession an act of treason punishable by firing squad angry Any one supporting biafra should be sentenced to death or fed to lions. This will gradually kill the evil ideology called Biafra. We hate biafra and it shall never come. The buratai military should invade the east and do the needful undecided
ur comment is too callous to be coming from a mentaly sound woman. Mind you buhari is supporting secession of palestine and western sahara. Probably bcs they re muslims. HYPOCRITES ALL OF YOU. I am not among those clamouring for biafra.I dnt even see it as de best for the igboman presently but u peeps and buhari trying to murder them are DUMBASS HYPOCRITES.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 15, 2016
prophetfire:
ur comment is too callous to be coming from a mentaly sound woman. Mind you buhari is supporting secession of palestine and western sahara. Probably bcs they re muslims. HYPOCRITES ALL OF YOU. I am not among those clamouring for biafra.I dnt even see it as de best for the igboman presently but u peeps and buhari trying to murder them are DUMBASS HYPOCRITES.

He would have achieved more by ignoring them.
With these acts he is buying more sympathy leading up to something more embarrassing. But then the army and its products are not known for using their brains

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by prophetfire: 6:41pm On Mar 15, 2016
BUTCHCASSIDY:

He would have achieved more by ignoring them.
With these acts he is buying more sympathy leading up to something more embarrassing. But then the army and its products are not known for using their brains
true talk.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by sexybrooke: 6:52pm On Mar 15, 2016
irunooboo:
so you want to kill people's fathers because they are armies abi y not enrol and do the needful ozu moreover this waaar that's looming will get to the west hope you have renewed your paSsport
Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by PedroJP(m): 7:07pm On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

Nonsense !
Why did you suspend the Yeye ideology during Jonathan govt and took on the chop-sand ideology
You only remember you have an ideology call Biafra when Jonathan lost
You are only deceiving yourselves

Who suspended what ? Massob has been there b4 Jonathan. Igbos voted Obj, Yaradua(buhari's brother) and Gej. Ur question should be, why its escalation with Buhari's govt. Answer is, Buhari said they won't get much from his administration in other words they are not full citizens of Nigeria. Do u expect us to remain in Nigeria and not seek where we will be 100 percent citizens ? Don't tell me u wud humbly accept a slave position when one makes it clear that he is against u being free in any way. A sane person wud have proclaimed dat he wud run an all inclusive govt, but no, he told us plain not to xpect favour from him. Is he a god ?

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by PentiumPro(f): 7:11pm On Mar 15, 2016
PedroJP:

Who suspended what ? Massob has been there b4 Jonathan. Igbos voted Obj, Yaradua(buhari's brother) and Gej. Ur question should be, why its escalation with Buhari's govt. Answer is, Buhari said they won't get much from his administration in other words they are not full citizens of Nigeria. Do u expect us to remain in Nigeria and not seek where we will be 100 percent citizens ? Don't tell me u wud humbly accept a slave position when one makes it clear that he is against u being free in any way. A sane person wud have proclaimed dat he wud run an all inclusive govt, but no, he told us plain not to xpect favour from him. Is he a god ?

We are saying the same thing, you are saying essentially that your agitation is for relevance in Buhari government.
Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by sexybrooke: 7:12pm On Mar 15, 2016
najib632:
What brought ese and Yunusa into this matter. In fact this shows dat u don't know wat really happened. Are u even trying to say dat igbo girls are more beautiful than hausa girls? I hope not cus I have seen igbo men marrying hausa women but I have never seen or heard of a hausa man marrying an igbo girl.
travel and see no way and stay in your brown roof zinc to say u have never seen any hausa man married to an igbo woman

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by marlockj: 7:38pm On Mar 15, 2016
zik4ever:
Newspaper vendors in Aba, Abia State, are counting their losses following the confiscation of their wares by soldiers yesterday.

The Nation gathered that the confiscated papers were both unsold and new editions of New Republic, Vesym, Freedom Journal and Authority.

Sources said the soldiers, believed to have come from 144 Battalion, which is under Ohafia 14 Brigade, stormed St. Michael’s Road at about 7am, in two Hilux vans and seized the papers bearing Biafra reports.

After attempts at arresting distributors and publishers failed, the soldiers packed the unsold and current editions of the papers and left.

A vendor said: “At about some minutes past seven, soldiers in two Hilux vans arrived with one of the vendors that they picked along Mosque, asking him to point at the person who gave him the paper. But the vendor could not, because the person who gave him the paper had gone.

“They asked to know the publishers or suppliers but got no response. Then they confiscated New Republic, Vesym, Freedom Journal and some copies of The Authority, which carried Biafra stories. “We are yet to be told the reason for the confiscation, but the truth is that we have lost money as many readers were disappointed.”

A publisher, who pleaded for anonymity, condemned the action of the soldiers. He said they were overstepping their bounds and vowed that “attempts by the military to gag the press will fail. We are publishing reports about Biafra like other national dailies do. Let them close down all the media houses because they are carrying Biafra stories, after all, we are not the only ones publishing stories on Biafra.”

Media Officer of the 144 Brigade, Major Sydney Mbanefo could not be reached for comments but a source at 144 Battalion confirmed the seizure, saying it was due to the hate and inciting reports allegedly being published by the papers.

The source added that they were on the trail of the publishers and suppliers with the aim of nipping circulation of such inciting materials. He warned vendors to desist from selling such publication.

A Non-Governmental Organisation and Civil Rights group, Foundation for Environmental Rights Advocacy and Development, in a statement yesterday condemned the action. It described it as anti-democracy.

The statement by Comrades Nelson Nwafor and Emmanuel Acha said soldiers have no right to confiscate newspapers, no matter what is published, except on the orders of a competent court. It called on the Chief of Army Staff to call the soldiers to order before they take laws into their hands.

“Nigeria is not a banana republic and therefore, the principles of democracy, as practiced elsewhere, should be respected.”
http://thenationonlineng.net/soldiers-confiscate-newspapers-aba/

Goodnews
Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by oyinkinola: 8:04pm On Mar 15, 2016
....in a system of government of people by the people for the people, who has the responsibility of defending the nation, the nation is the victime of looters, the nation is the victim of the criminal, the nation is the victim of terrorist, the nation is the victim of economics saboteur, the nation is the victim of oil pipe line vandal, the nation is the victim of kidnaping, the nation is the victim of fulani herdsmen, the nation is the victim of ipob/massob, the nation is victim of fuel black market the nation is the victim of the forex $ hike price, the nation is the victim of the price specuator & manipulator...etc
Beside president muhammadu Buhari action to defend the nation:
1.The war against bokoharam and other insurgency in the eastern part of nigeria is defeatable , with galant soldiers under the order of marksman general, the commandant in chief of african arm forces, General buhari had berated the iss of africa...with galant sodiers and sophisticated weapon the terrorist had been pull down!
2.The war against corruption looting and the looters is the second fronts, the battle is not all that easy the general has the determination but fighting corruption with unredoutable weapon like judiciary arms, is not easy to operate infront of devilish looters with their advocates and distinguish honourable senators and opposition party! but God so good with the determination of general and full backing of the international community, the war is 'bell et bien' in full stage!
3.The third war which will commence soon is on the economics saboteurs, a war that general think ,with broom they will be easyly sweep into dust-bin but even the rake seems not be effective enough to rake them, now general had determined to bulldoze them into the pit!
when the three war won, nigeria will be worth living for the poor masses!
who is to defend the nation while senators and law practitional rally round a criminal accuse!
who is to defend the nation while humman right watch turn to terrorist(bokoharam) right watch!
who is to defend the nation while student union, labour congress, human right activists, legal practitional support or mute and powerless in the face of looter and say nothing about the looted fund!
who is to defend the nation while NL support the looters!
Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by eazyflow222: 8:12pm On Mar 15, 2016
Hahahhahahaha do u tink wit dat u can stop biafra no no u can't Biafra must stand jst wit time
Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by ikechuk0: 8:19pm On Mar 15, 2016
I guess this fools think that would surpress Biafra. I swear Buhari and APC are bunch of idiots. Last I checked, every news article on those papers, Radio Biafra post it on the INTERNET. Even their radio shows is on INTERNET. Hell I don't even live in ABA or anywhere in igboland or Africa yet I get every news about Biafra. What's next? You'll take their phone from them. Oya go shut down the Internet.

More reason I laugh at the pathetic shit they call a "country". I've never seen a joke of government more that that zoo. Even Somalia government is smarter than that shit

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by ikechuk0: 8:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
irunooboo:

And this is why I support the north and don't even condemn killing you Southwest rats in your region. You people deserve every thing descend on you by your slave master

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by PedroJP(m): 8:31pm On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

We are saying the same thing, you are saying essentially that your agitation is for relevance in Buhari government.

Relevance in one's country ? Look at ur reasoning. This ur mentality is just the reason for Biafra since 1967.
Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by IGBOPRINCE: 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2016
irunooboo:
bia nwokem , re you high? Read before you comments. Your people re digging a pits,but one day you and your people shall falls into it.
Your statement lack sense and judgement. If truly you re a lady. Then you re disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by jamjo: 8:37pm On Mar 15, 2016
zik4ever:
Newspaper vendors in Aba, Abia State, are counting their losses following the confiscation of their wares by soldiers yesterday.

The Nation gathered that the confiscated papers were both unsold and new editions of New Republic, Vesym, Freedom Journal and Authority.

Sources said the soldiers, believed to have come from 144 Battalion, which is under Ohafia 14 Brigade, stormed St. Michael’s Road at about 7am, in two Hilux vans and seized the papers bearing Biafra reports.

After attempts at arresting distributors and publishers failed, the soldiers packed the unsold and current editions of the papers and left.

A vendor said: “At about some minutes past seven, soldiers in two Hilux vans arrived with one of the vendors that they picked along Mosque, asking him to point at the person who gave him the paper. But the vendor could not, because the person who gave him the paper had gone.

“They asked to know the publishers or suppliers but got no response. Then they confiscated New Republic, Vesym, Freedom Journal and some copies of The Authority, which carried Biafra stories. “We are yet to be told the reason for the confiscation, but the truth is that we have lost money as many readers were disappointed.”

A publisher, who pleaded for anonymity, condemned the action of the soldiers. He said they were overstepping their bounds and vowed that “attempts by the military to gag the press will fail. We are publishing reports about Biafra like other national dailies do. Let them close down all the media houses because they are carrying Biafra stories, after all, we are not the only ones publishing stories on Biafra.”

Media Officer of the 144 Brigade, Major Sydney Mbanefo could not be reached for comments but a source at 144 Battalion confirmed the seizure, saying it was due to the hate and inciting reports allegedly being published by the papers.

The source added that they were on the trail of the publishers and suppliers with the aim of nipping circulation of such inciting materials. He warned vendors to desist from selling such publication.

A Non-Governmental Organisation and Civil Rights group, Foundation for Environmental Rights Advocacy and Development, in a statement yesterday condemned the action. It described it as anti-democracy.

The statement by Comrades Nelson Nwafor and Emmanuel Acha said soldiers have no right to confiscate newspapers, no matter what is published, except on the orders of a competent court. It called on the Chief of Army Staff to call the soldiers to order before they take laws into their hands.

“Nigeria is not a banana republic and therefore, the principles of democracy, as practiced elsewhere, should be respected.”

Nigeria as country one foot forward ten foot backward freedom of speech here we come i pray for this country 'CHANGE'
Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by vega84(m): 8:48pm On Mar 15, 2016
Keeep wasting ur time dear zoo army! Newspaper or nt. Freedommmmmmm alllll the way! Yeye Punks!
Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
irunooboo:
y are u this afraid to leave n stay on ur own north west n east wr not born together so they can leave without each other so tell me what r u people afraid of?
Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by Tinyemeka(m): 9:27pm On Mar 15, 2016
irunooboo:

Confused Transgender wannabe.
Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by jimi4us: 9:41pm On Mar 15, 2016
irunooboo:
from my investigation of your profile, you are a guy looking for how to scam guys here. may you know no peace in your generation. ole!!
Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by cy4ril: 9:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
Attention!!!!! Attention!!!!!
Information reaching Us now is that the reason the Nigeria zoo army have invaded Aba to seize any newspaper that carry Biafra stories is because the IPOB BIAFRA TELEGRAPH International magazine 1st Edition that was release some days now . The Biafra Telegraph is being distributed round the world and most government bodies , UK MPS And American senator and other world leaders will all get the copies .
It is another Tsunami that Nigeria and Buhari government cannot survive because anybody who gets hold of the Biafra Telegraph will pray for Nigeria to go it's separate way the next day.
Contact your co-ordinator on how to get some copies. Is Biafra against Nigeria . We shall win at last .
All hail Biafra!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by PentiumPro(f): 9:49pm On Mar 15, 2016
PedroJP:

Relevance in one's country ? Look at ur reasoning. This ur mentality is just the reason for Biafra since 1967.
Country you call a zoo ?
Country you go to it embassies in foreign land to threaten with arson, insults the staff, make monkey sounds in full glare of people and calling the President unprintable names?.
You people are a disgrace.
Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by classicladyk(f): 9:57pm On Mar 15, 2016
irunooboo:
nawa 4 your pathetic fish brain

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by jossyj: 10:17pm On Mar 15, 2016
irunooboo:

Sorry sir,
I didn't know you were stuuuuupid to this extent.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by onowu007(m): 10:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
@irunooboo you need Jesus! I will be praying for you....We Biafrans Love you

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by Nobody: 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
If biafra wants to go they should go but they should leave ss out of this. ss is not in support of Biafra.
Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by Newmanluckyman(m): 10:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

When you say Biafra or death, who is going to die? You?
Use your brain son!
... I have been observing ur comments on this section lately. Why do you ALWAYS masturbate and finally reached an orgasm on a topic, region and ideology that you know nothing about? Just look at the way you are proudly forming a SUPER STAR and an EXPERT on this thread :If you are on a HEAT , pls I will advice you to quickly go and take care of yourself.

Your ITK, lack of knowledge, immaturity, hypocrisy as regards to the thread is so nauseating and makes one as if he wants to puke. Pls help yourself. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by petkoffdrake2(m): 10:47pm On Mar 15, 2016
PentiumPro:

What do you call such?

Ur people ban me! Cos i aired my view! Are they not practicing E-Tribalism? angry
Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by XpensivK: 11:03pm On Mar 15, 2016
zik4ever:

Sources said the soldiers, believed to have come from 144 Battalion, which is under Ohafia 14 Brigade, stormed St. Michael??s Road at about 7am, in two Hilux vans and seized the papers bearing Biafra reports.

A vendor said: ??At about some minutes past seven, soldiers in two Hilux vans arrived with one of the vendors that they picked along Mosque, asking him to point at the person who gave him the paper. But the vendor could not, because the person who gave him the paper had gone.

??They asked to know the publishers or suppliers but got no response. Then they confiscated New Republic, Vesym, Freedom Journal and some copies of The Authority, which carried Biafra stories. ??We are yet to be told the reason for the confiscation, but the truth is that we have lost money as many readers were disappointed.??

A publisher, who pleaded for anonymity, condemned the action of the soldiers. He said they were overstepping their bounds and vowed that ??attempts by the military to gag the press will fail. We are publishing reports about Biafra like other national dailies do. Let them close down all the media houses because they are carrying Biafra stories, after all, we are not the only ones publishing stories on Biafra.??

??Nigeria is not a banana republic and therefore, the principles of democracy, as practiced elsewhere, should be respected.??
One thing ppl suppose to knw is that. It is nt the fault of soldiers but it was an order gvn to them frm the top.If I'm nt mistakn Gvnr. Ikpeazu knws about it. So don't always blame soldiers in everything bcox they can't wake up nd strt to disturb citizens jst like that.
Re: Soldiers Confiscate Biafra Newspapers In Aba by Sammyblaq(m): 11:32pm On Mar 15, 2016
mandax:

They are not unknown soldiers. They are most cowardly soldiers pointing automatica rifles to unarmed civilians, including women and children in Aba.

Their C-in-C in Nigeria, President Buhari, is barely educated. He told Al-Jazera news that B. had been decided. in war during the 1960s, after the killing of over 2, 000, 000 people.

The president talked like a baby. The same manner he reasons most of the time.
Just tired of the whole matter. We will get there...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Disqualifies Aisha Alhassan 'Mama Taraba' From Seeking Governorship Election / Buhari And Osinbajo At The Senior Executive Course Of NIPSS, Kuru / 36 State Governors' Message To Gambari, Buhari’s New Chief Of Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.