Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

10 Ways To Ensure That Your Wards Are Never Kidnapped ... One - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Ways To Ensure That Your Wards Are Never Kidnapped ... One (400 Views)

I.G Yusuf: "Mercy And Her Boyfriend Kidnapped And Humiliated Me" / Policemen At Lagos State Model College, Igbonla Where 4 Students Were Kidnapped / Can You Take Your Kids/wards To This School (+pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Ways To Ensure That Your Wards Are Never Kidnapped ... One by ibk22: 10:18am On Mar 15, 2016
Isn't it just annoying that children, innocent as they are are no longer safe within the four walls of their homes and schools? And nobody really has control over the menace of kidnappers and female abducted?

I know I will throw a tantrum if I found out that my daughter was taken captive by unknown abductors so I did a little research to come up with this list of precautionary measures against kidnappers for mothers and fathers out there.
1. ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS
Ensure that your ward does leave home without informing you of his or her intended destination.
Don't be be lax about it always ask questions like were are you going to? who are you going with? and when will should I expect you back?

2. KNOW THEIR FRIENDS
Invite them over if you have to. Make sure you encourage your wards to make friends with exemplary children and be free to make friends with their friends too so that they can open up to you.

3. GO BEYOND THE GATE
It is wrong to drop off you wards in school without interacting with the members of staff. For safety purposes, know their teachers and the gatemen if you can.

4. TEACH YOUR WARDS
teach your children good morals, tell them never to lie, or binge without talking to you. Make them know that they can be open with you and that you can protect them.

5. GIVE THEM A CURFEW
Set a time limit that they can spend out side. 6:30 should be the standard time for a Secondary student so they will have enough time for assignments and dinner. Once its past their curfew, set out on a search for them immediately. If you work late put a call through to the house and ask if everyone is home.

Remember that ensuring the safety of your children is your responsibility.

To be continued

(1) (Reply)

Lost Result / RSUST 2016/2017 Admission Guide / FUNAAB, UNILAG Shuts Down Activities, As Fuel Scarcity Hit Nigerian Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.