Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

5 Things You Didn’t Know About Olamide - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Olamide (1384 Views)

The Chef Chi, Chioma, Davido's Girlfriend: 7 Facts You Didn’t Know Avril Rowland / Shocking!!! Adekunle Gold Reveal Secrets About Olamide & YBNL Group. (photos) / Nigerian Celebrities You Didn’t Know Are From Royal Families (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Didn’t Know About Olamide by AsapGist: 12:20pm On Mar 15, 2016
Today is Badoo YBNL, Olamide’s birthday and as he clocks 27 today, we’re celebrating the rapper and his successes over the years.

Olamide was born in Bariga, Lagos and then in 2000, he decided to pursue a career in music. When asked why music, he said: “I found out I was gifted in it so I had to explore it, it’s my life, my hustle, my world.

Today, we’re going to tell you five things we’re sure you didn’t know about Olamide:

1. His role models are Obasanjo, Abacha and Jay-Z

Olamide in a twitter interview revealed that ex-heads of state, Olusegun Obasanjo and Sani Abacha were the role models he had.

2. Olamide is a graduate of Mass Communication

Olamide attended Tai Solarin College of Education where he studied Mass Communication

3. Olamide’s style of music was influenced by Lord of Ajasa and 9ice

In an interview with Toolz on Ndani TV, Olamide said that his style of music (indigenous rap) was influenced by Lord of Ajasa, 9ice and ID Cabasa.

4. The most influential person in his career is ID Cabasa

He was signed to ID Cabasa’s Coded Tunes record label and then left in 2012. ID Cabasa, however, handled the production of his YBNL album.

5. As a child, Olamide wanted to be a footballer

Might have been the captain of the Super Eagles team now. Probably why he’s launching the football tournament we told you about.
OlamideJogodoSlide

Happy Birthday, Olamide!

www.asapgist.com
Re: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Olamide by Nobody: 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2016
I knew all of em
Re: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Olamide by Topestbilly(m): 12:22pm On Mar 15, 2016

The age of on dis celebrities always leave me wahoo!!!
Re: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Olamide by nicerichard05: 12:23pm On Mar 15, 2016
mtchewww
Re: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Olamide by jonathanOz: 12:24pm On Mar 15, 2016
Role model Abacha Good. Bado sneh! I'm a fan
Re: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Olamide by missdebs(f): 12:45pm On Mar 15, 2016
tho i'm not yoruba, this man made me fall in love with yoruba rap. Happy birthday sir

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Olamide by Twizzy30(m): 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
Indigenous Rap indeed.
Btw Happy Birthday Baddo
Re: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Olamide by Nobody: 12:51pm On Mar 15, 2016
nice writeup

(1) (Reply)

Actress Bukky Wright’s 2nd Son Becomes An American Air Force Officer (PHOTOS) / Actress Rachael Okonkwo Made Brand Ambassador For Rapha Juice (photos) / The Twin Sisters Is One Of The Most Romantic Relationship I Have Ever Be In- Fut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.