Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,602 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

High And Low Ranked Uk Univerities, Do Nigerian Employers Know - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / High And Low Ranked Uk Univerities, Do Nigerian Employers Know (782 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities / University Of Ibadan Ranked Nigeria’s Best University, 8th In Africa / Five Degrees That Employers Don't Want (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

High And Low Ranked Uk Univerities, Do Nigerian Employers Know by whiteroses(f): 9:03pm On Jul 20, 2009
Hi I'm a student at staffordshire uni, this uni is ranked 74th out of 114, on the league table it was 72nd when i started now it went down to 74, my cousin graduated at keele(ranked 42nd)  and she's doing everything she can to make sure I leave staffordshire and start my 2nd year at keele but i dont see the point, she says nowadays in nigeria you can not pull the wool over any man's eyes because they know about all those "trotro" uni's in UK but i find it hard to beleive i mean arent they supposed to respect your qualification once it's from the UK? isn't it better than covenant uni , igbinedion and the rest, so is it true should I change?, also would you consider a uni ranked 74th on league table not to be a good uni.
I'm going back to naija straight after 2nd degree, I plan to do my 2nd degree in a more reputable uni, will it not make up for the low ranked one, so please answer as much accurate as you can thanks.
Re: High And Low Ranked Uk Univerities, Do Nigerian Employers Know by debest1(m): 4:29pm On Jul 21, 2009
I guess what's more important is the grade you get and the course you study. Because while staffs uni may be 74th overall i'm sure they have a few courses they excel in and if you happen to study one of those you might be alright. That said, my advise is to go for a marquee school just in case you decide to work in the Uk; they can be very picky

(1) (Reply)

Lasu Crises! When Is The End? / Any Delsu Students Online?! Please Help! / Help! Me Out:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.