Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,946 members, 7,845,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

A Clarion Call To Religious Bodies - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Clarion Call To Religious Bodies (390 Views)

A Clarion Call To All The Good People Of The World: Please Save A Soul / Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos). / A Clarion Call To Religious Bodies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Clarion Call To Religious Bodies by globalresource: 1:59pm On Mar 15, 2016
I saw this and decided to post it:

Recently the government of Kaduna state came up with a proposed bill against Religious Public Preaching. The bill as I write now has past second reading in the State House of Assembly. Which means it is on its way to been passed into law. The proposed bill is very contrary to certain provisions of the Nigerian constitution and the UN Human Rights chater. The summary and interpretation of the bill means that it will be an offence to play religious tapes, cd, flash drive etc outside your home, church or mosque. It means it will be an offence to play them even in your car. Religious meetings after 8pm is not allowed. You cannot hold a religious meeting outside a church or mosque. Every preacher must get a licence to preach from the government on the recommendations from CAN or the Islamic body. Both will be regulated by a committee set up by the govenor. This will make the govenor in charge of religious bodies in the state. It also means you cannot invite a guest minister to preach in Kaduna unless he gets a licence from the government. You must get a licence to build a church or mosque. These are but just to mention a few things in the bill. Well, we in Kaduna state are on top of the matter. But it is not a Kaduna State affair alone. It is a fact that Kaduna is only an experimental ground. If they succeed here it will soon be introduced to the whole nation. It is time every christian in the nation stand up to condemn this law. We must all hit the social media NOW and protest the proposed law. If your neighbours house is burning, don't think it doesn't concern you. We in Kaduna State are not afraid. We are working very hard and praying too. But let everyone join hands now and use every legal means and channel to stop this. Prayer and Fasting my brothers and sisters will not be enough. We must take steps to ensure something is done now. The time to act is now.

(1) (Reply)

See What An American Say About Africans On Faceboom / Talking ATM Comes To A Guys Rescue / I Became A Kidnapper To Raise Money For Business – Suspect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.