Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,859 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Abuad: Oppression,harassment And Intimidation - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abuad: Oppression,harassment And Intimidation (987 Views)

ABUAD Beats Covenant University; Ranks As Best Private University In Nigeria / Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba (AAUA) OPPRESSION / Sexual Harassment In Auchi Polytechnic: Prostitutes Assist Male Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuad: Oppression,harassment And Intimidation by lighting(m): 3:48pm On Mar 15, 2016
The Oppression and Intimidation in Afe Babalola University after the riot that took place in February this year is getting out of hand.
For instance before you are allowed to enter into the school compus you must barbe hair down compulsorily else such student won't be allow into the school.
the riot that took place was as a result of the grievances the students had toward the school management for controlling almost all aspect of student life's on campus.

for God seek we are in a University and not secondary school, we should be able to experience live before settling down on our own. the only thing distinguishing Abuad and a secondary school is that there is no use of cain but I guess very soon the school management will introduce the use of cain.
I never sign up to come experience another secondary school life in my University life.

Also the Drug rate in Abuad is very high. if the school is to carry out drug test on the student am 100 percent sure that 70 percent of the student will be positive this is also as a result of the bordem the school management is making us pass through. It is said that all work no play makes jack a dull boy.

Recently a man (Mr Ben) who was said to be employed by the school management as head of security was just harassing,oppressing and embarrassing the student without doing anything. I remember one night around 8:58 in front of Alfa Belgria Hall where I and my room mate were browsing to finish up our assignment this same Mr Ben who was emplyed by the school management of Afe Babalola University started driving away students and I remembered he said to I and my roommate that we re mad and If we don't want to go to prison we should better leave that place and go back to our hostel room, he said those words without us doing anything. I heard that a student who he slapped also slapped him back and all other student are also ready to deal with him whenever he crosses there path which might lead to another riot in Abuad (what is needed is just one spark to ignite the fire).

In essence the school management are the ones behind the issues happening in the school and nothing has been done to deal with this issues but rather the management is causing more grievances to the students life.
The school should change some of it rule because they are the root causes of this grievances the students are having towards the management.

LET'S BE FREE
Re: Abuad: Oppression,harassment And Intimidation by VillageGOAT: 3:56pm On Mar 15, 2016
How much is your school fees over there?
Re: Abuad: Oppression,harassment And Intimidation by lighting(m): 5:46pm On Mar 15, 2016
close to 1m
Re: Abuad: Oppression,harassment And Intimidation by Silumi(f): 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2016
U guys knew b4 applying that those wer d rules of d sch wem in rome u behave like d romans y rebell wat u cant change if u wanted to b free u should ve gone to a govt uni

(1) (Reply)

Benue State University Students Protesting At The Increment In School Fees / With Over 13,000 Pupils, Gobirawa’s Primary School Trumps Many Varsities / Facts: 10 Reasons Why You Should Attend Ums Training Hub For Your Ict, Digital &

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.